• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever summoned a dragon?

Infernum

Yes I have, when I got married I inadvertently summoned my mother in law, should have done a protection spell in hindsight.:(

Sorry, just had to....:D

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't recall aiming to summon dragons specifically, but opening up gateways and generally working with the otherworlds is something I have experience with.

The spell is garbage. I imagine it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, but it's still garbage.

I'll grant different practitioners have varying philosophies on these things, but let's think about this for a moment. Do you want a slave or do you want an ally? If you want a slave, do you really think you can bind it to your will? To my mind, summoning a powerful otherworldly entity and making demands of it - regardless of protective measures - is just a stupid idea. It's no way to cultivate relationships... whether in the otherworld or the apparent world; it would reflect poorly upon my character as well.

But... again... I imagine this wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I hope.