• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever see anything weird in the sky ?

Onoma

I used to be a massive skeptic of such things until a strange experience one night ( About 10 years ago now )

A brief description - I stepped out on my porch at 2am to look at the stars and caught a large, sleek, black triangular object just sitting in the air about 15 feet above my roof

Stayed there for about 3 seconds, then just shot away into the night sky

I had various friends and housemates over the years excitedly claim they had seen a " large black triangular object " flying over my house in the middle of the night, ( Various houses up and down the East coast ) but I always laughed it off,....until that night

Ever see anything in the sky you had no explanation for ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When i lived in England i once saw a bright yellow object in the sky.

I later learned it was called the sun.

I am afraid thats the limit of my...

...No wait, one night two friends and me were returning from Yorkshire over the Pennines and stoped to take in the clear sky and multitude of stars. There was a red light hovering in the distance, perhaps over RAF Fylindales which would have been around 5 miles away. We watched it for a few minutes. It turned orange and disappeared.

I never saw any mention of weird stuff over the top secret early warning station and more or less forgot about it until now

Erebus

When I was at university, I was walking home one night and saw something in the sky. It was enormous, oblong and black with lights running along it. The thing didn't move, just hovered in place.

I stopped, stared and thought, "No. No, it can't be..."

Then I did the thing that makes people think the teenagers in a slasher film are idiots. I went for a closer look.

Turned out it was just a construction crane that had been obscured by buildings in such a way as to make the "neck" (or whatever it's called) appear like a hovering object. Once I realised that, I also understood that I had no right to criticise the people in horror films ever again.

Onoma

When I was at university, I was walking home one night and saw something in the sky. It was enormous, oblong and black with lights running along it. The thing didn't move, just hovered in place.

I stopped, stared and thought, "No. No, it can't be..."

Then I did the thing that makes people think the teenagers in a slasher film are idiots. I went for a closer look.

Turned out it was just a construction crane that had been obscured by buildings in such a way as to make the "neck" (or whatever it's called) appear like a hovering object. Once I realised that, I also understood that I had no right to criticise the people in horror films ever again.

Haha, nice. I wish what I saw was a crane.

I did some research online into these so-called " black triangles ", apparently people report them commonly, and then people in the UFOlogy circles claim they are " reverse-engineered alien spacecraft " ( Called a Tr3b ) , but none of the pics and descriptions I found online were what I saw.

What I saw had no lights or visible features other than being very sleek, with sharply beveled edges, about 20 or so feet in length, maybe 4 or 5 feet thick

Surface of it looked like Vantablack ( Metamaterial that absorbs up to 99.965% of visible light ). There was a floodlight on a pole on the corner of my porch ( A security light that turned on when I stepped out on the porch ) and even though this thing was in the light, it reflected nothing. It was the blackest black I've ever seen

What really made me take pause was how quickly it departed, and how silently

It literally seemed like it went from 1-1,000 miles an hour in the blink of an eye, but not a single leaf on any trees surrounding my house were moved

There was no " whoosh " or bright lights or little green men, and it seemed like it didn't even undergo acceleration ( Impossible due to gravity )

I also remember when I got this urge to go outside and look at the stars, that it didn't make sense, because I know that due to light pollution in suburban areas you can't see anything but the brightest stars, so it's kind of a pointless effort.....but I went outside to look anyway

exchemist

Veteran Member
I used to be a massive skeptic of such things until a strange experience one night ( About 10 years ago now )

A brief description - I stepped out on my porch at 2am to look at the stars and caught a large, sleek, black triangular object just sitting in the air about 15 feet above my roof

Stayed there for about 3 seconds, then just shot away into the night sky

I had various friends and housemates over the years excitedly claim they had seen a " large black triangular object " flying over my house in the middle of the night, ( Various houses up and down the East coast ) but I always laughed it off,....until that night

Ever see anything in the sky you had no explanation for ?
No, nothing I had no explanation for.

Onoma

Oh yeah, one other odd thing I recall from that

So, the next day, a friend of mine was over, and I recalled this to him. He had been in the Navy, and was well aware of the various military " black projects " ( Skunkworks, etc )that go on when they are developing things like new aircraft, and I knew that my house happened to be under a military flight corridor ( We always had military choppers and planes flying out in the area ), so I suggested maybe what I saw was just some kind of drone

We sat there talking about what ifs and he noted there was a helicopter that had been flying around outside for quite a long time, back and forth over a 90 acre public park right across the street from my house

We went out on my porch and sure enough, there was a small helicopter flying back and forth right at the lowest altitude they are allowed ( 500 feet ), seemed to be focusing on a small area directly across the street from my house

Weird looking helicopter too, had all sorts of pods and things sticking off it, definitely didn't have the typical displacement of most military vehicles ( You can literally feel those coming from a distance ), but looked like a small news chopper outfitted with a bunch of measurement devices

So we're standing out on my porch guessing that he's just doing some sort of land survey ( Although that's an odd way to do it.. ), and all of a sudden, this heli banks, and flies right over to my house, dipping down literally to 100 feet, and sharply banks and turns and flies back over the park area where he'd been a few seconds before ( About 700 or so feet away from my house )

We could see the pilot, he had on a full helmet, black of course, and looked right at us when he banked over my porch, we also noted the complete lack of official markings or numbers on it ( Illegal, normally )

We just went back inside at that point....Idk, I never did feel like I had been able to explain it away sufficiently

Cooky

Veteran Member
I was walking in the middle of a recently harvested cornfield one night, and I saw what appeared to be giant nets off to the sides and in space. Once that faded away, I remember seeing a lowered draw bridge out of nowhere, that I was actually walking up... The bridge was about a mile long, and the far end of it appeared to be the opening of a ship that extended as far left and right as the eye could see. Massive.

I may or may not have been tripping at the time.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Circle-Or-Shaped-Illusion.jpg

These are eight black circles, each with white markings in the form of 3 radial lines. If you see a cube (like most people do), it is because this is a common illusion. I guess there may be a similar thing that makes peoples brains "connect the dots" in the night sky.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Light pollution generally means we don't see clear enough skies here in the UK, and only by going to places like North Wales or Scotland have I seen really clear skies and the Milky Way in its full glory. Never seen anything that unusual apart from a few shooting stars, which is probably to be expected. It wouldn't surprise me if the military (from wherever) does have some unknown or especially advanced hardware that they still want to keep secret and might be seen though - and which would still be more likely than aliens or alien technology being involved.