• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever realize that "Dating" is a practice for divorce?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes, because, in all Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam...believe that sex before marriage is not allowed.
The Laws of Moses were a brilliant way for a community of people to grow quickly and be secure, safe, strong, healthy and successful. The Israelites were very successful until they started ignoring some of those laws.

Back then there were no vaccinations and modern medicine so the rule was to stick with your life partner and have children! Gays couldn't have kids, adultery was a health risk, eating the wrong food was risky, eating foreshore shellfish was deadly, eating carrion was deadly....etc. Having a roof with no safety walkling around the top was dead risky, etc....

So why are you so interested in picking out only a couple of those rules, eh?
It just doesn't make any sense.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I heard a few things the other day and this was one of them. It did get me to thinking about which is the correct way of meeting one's future spouse. I know how it is done in Islam, (I am a Muslim) but if you sit down and think about it, what he said actually makes sense.

What are yalls input...just curious on what you think of this video :)

Well, that sort of practice works well.
My friend used to date a lot of girls, until her wife found out.

Ciao

- viole

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I heard a few things the other day and this was one of them. It did get me to thinking about which is the correct way of meeting one's future spouse. I know how it is done in Islam, (I am a Muslim) but if you sit down and think about it, what he said actually makes sense.

What are yalls input...just curious on what you think of this video :)

I agree

Dating is okay for me...I would stick to Corona Rules:
a) Keep 1,5m distance
b) Don't touch

Love = Heart to Heart
Lust = body to body

This will create enormous energy (plus + minus)
BUT
Like in a battery, never connect plus/minus
All energy is drained quickly

Note: This is my opinion, others are free to do what they want

Jedster

@stvdv

Dating is okay for me...I would stick to Corona Rules:
a) Keep 1,5m distance
b) Don't touch

Fair enough attitude these days(ie covid).

Love = Heart to Heart...agree
Lust = body to body ..... disagree. Have you tried it? It can be just another expression of love.

BUT

Not sure I understand, but Really?

How kind of you.:)

stvdv

Love = Heart to Heart...agree
Lust = body to body ..... disagree. Have you tried it? It can be just another expression of love.
I use the word "Love" for Unconditional/Heart/Divine Love
(Heart, being the Spiritual Heart)

All other forms of "love" are driven by emotion/instinct/etc.

English words clearly distinguish the difference:
lust, infatuation, sex, hug, attachment, desire, passion, mother love, brother/sister love, self love

Of course "bodily love" is not just about lust (as in sex), many varieties are there.

For example "touching the feet of my Guru" I see as "bodily love". Nothing wrong with bodily love...all given to us to use

stvdv

BUT

Not sure I understand, but Really?
Below clarifies it nicely:
La petite mort (French pronunciation: [la p(ə)tit mɔʁ]; "the little death") is an expression which means "the brief loss or weakening of consciousness" and in modern usage refers specifically to "the sensation of post orgasm as likened to death."[1]

How kind of you.:)
:)
Just to make clear, that my opinion is not for everyone (sometimes people generalize when talking about (esp. spiritual) matters, and I am not a fan of this at all :).

Jedster

I use the word "Love" for Unconditional/Heart/Divine Love
(Heart, being the Spiritual Heart)

All other forms of "love" are driven by emotion/instinct/etc.

English words clearly distinguish the difference:
lust, infatuation, sex, hug, attachment, desire, passion, mother love, brother/sister love, self love

Well I use the word love for anything I love and can change that when I see the object of my love is or has become corrupt.

Of course "bodily love" is not just about lust (as in sex), many varieties are there.
Indeed.

For example "touching the feet of my Guru" I see as "bodily love". Nothing wrong with bodily love...all given to us to use

I kissed the feet of my (former) Guru for over 20 years until I could admit that the person is corrupt. That strong feeling of devotion to just one person is still very strong in me, but now it is directed to all humanity.
I have met devotees of many Gurus who justify inhuman behaviour.

Last edited:

Jedster

@stvdv

RE:Below clarifies it nicely:

La petite mort (French pronunciation: [la p(ə)tit mɔʁ]; "the little death") is an expression which means "the brief loss or weakening of consciousness" and in modern usage refers specifically to "the sensation of post orgasm as likened to death."[1]

Please explain in your own words, from your own experiences.

Last edited:

stvdv

I kissed the feet of my (former) Guru for over 20 years until I could admit that the person is corrupt.
My Guru one day touched my feet, and I said "why do you do that?". And He replied "Exactly, I don't want you to touch my feet...I am God, and you are also God, so why touch feet?"

I found out my parents and 1 sister are corrupt, big shocker, took me quite a while to admit this and take appropriate action. So, I can imagine that finding out your Guru is corrupt was a tough lesson. Luckily my current Guru is flawless. But the first Guru I visited was not w/o flaws, took me a while to recognize though.

That strong feeling of devotion to just one person is still very strong in me, but now it is directed to all humanity.
That sounds good

I have met devotees of many Gurus who justify inhuman behaviour
That makes them inhuman IMO

stvdv

Because I want to know if you are speaking from your own experiences.
Isn't that one of the purposes of these forums?
I share plenty personal experiences

This quote I gave I leave to your own imagination

stvdv

Well my imagination says, either you have never had said experience and rely on here say, or you are shy/embarrassed. :)
:)
Sai Baba used to say:
"What you see in others is in you"

That was a big eye opener to me
My goal on RF is "see less in others"
Heart work to see less

MyM

There is none.
There is a correct way to treat a person.
You can meet your "love" in any given situation.
The only "correct" way is to respect, not harm, and value the other person.
Other than that, just be you :)...that's the only way.

Such an idea being promoted by religion can be a very abusive force.
It is a very moderate and more liberal way of "allowing" people to learn on their own.

In his "Intentional dating" format, who decides what's the right way and the wrong way?

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

religion doesn't always have to be how one describes it..."abusive force". :) there are good sides to everythin :)
The bottom one who decides are the couple :)

Jedster

@stvdv

Sai Baba used to say:
"What you see in others is in you"

Not always true, but often is.
So, if you see someone murdering, does that make you a murderer.?

You say my imagination is optimistic, well that is what I imagined, at your request.
You quote another deceased person rather than yourself. So that comment is meaningless to me.

So, please explain to me what the link meant to you.
Or, why not just give an honest answer to my question, which was
Please explain in your own words, from your own experiences

firedragon

Veteran Member
The Laws of Moses were a brilliant way for a community of people to grow quickly and be secure, safe, strong, healthy and successful. The Israelites were very successful until they started ignoring some of those laws.

Back then there were no vaccinations and modern medicine so the rule was to stick with your life partner and have children! Gays couldn't have kids, adultery was a health risk, eating the wrong food was risky, eating foreshore shellfish was deadly, eating carrion was deadly....etc. Having a roof with no safety walkling around the top was dead risky, etc....

So why are you so interested in picking out only a couple of those rules, eh?
It just doesn't make any sense.

Can you tell me in which era Moses lived, and why you believe that, what are the evidences, and why you think all of those things you said above are facts to that time and place?

Dont just quote some text. If you do, you have to date that text, validate the authenticity to the day of Moses, and provide evidence to the fact of "dates and its collaboration to what you are quoting".

Thanks.

MyM

So you want to change things......

See above....... Yes, you would like to change people, and their choices....

Yes.... I thought the video was junk.

Please do tell us: If you or yours rules a country, what exactly would you do about 'dating'?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

I am not one who has a guideline on such matters. I don't know much about things because I haven't studied them, surveyed them or done the homework on them. If you want my view, that would take awhile :) I like to do the research first rather than just debunk everything into the trash like many do because they feel it different and not acceptable. Sure, people feel differently, but if a system is not working, change should be there to help improve. No one has tried yet to say different things could work. Not many people will admit to this.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Can you tell me in which era Moses lived, and why you believe that, what are the evidences, and why you think all of those things you said above are facts to that time and place?

Dont just quote some text. If you do, you have to date that text, validate the authenticity to the day of Moses, and provide evidence to the fact of "dates and its collaboration to what you are quoting".

Thanks.
Its Monday today.
I don't do interrogations on Mondays.
You'll have to come back on Wednesday afternoons or Friday mornings .
If you have something to say then please say it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

I am not one who has a guideline on such matters. I don't know much about things because I haven't studied them, surveyed them or done the homework on them. If you want my view, that would take awhile :) I like to do the research first rather than just debunk everything into the trash like many do because they feel it different and not acceptable. Sure, people feel differently, but if a system is not working, change should be there to help improve. No one has tried yet to say different things could work. Not many people will admit to this.
So you don't know what to do about people being free to go dating....that's fair enough .
The title of this thread 'Dating is a practice for divorce' is indeed total junk. Honestly.
I didn't need to do any homework to figure that out. :)