• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever realize that "Dating" is a practice for divorce?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I understand what you are saying. I personally haven't studied this. I just thought it decent that someone is trying to at least help fix the problem that people are facing when it comes to dating-from the Christian side. Islamically still a bit different. I am just tryin to find a middle ground that opens people's minds to admit that there is a problem which many people are denying. There is a problem out there but people just don't give a dam and want to carry on because of how "they" see it-doesn't necessarily make it right. :)
Isn't there more problems after people get married? Especially if the married couple does not know each other at all before they get married?

One has to be married to be able to divorce ;) non married couple does not divorce

Clara Tea

I heard a few things the other day and this was one of them. It did get me to thinking about which is the correct way of meeting one's future spouse. I know how it is done in Islam, (I am a Muslim) but if you sit down and think about it, what he said actually makes sense.

What are yalls input...just curious on what you think of this video :)

My comments are my opinions:

Some men think that it's fine to date, as long as their wives don't find out.

Some married men think that it is fine to read playboy magazines (or playgirl). Some nude internet chat.

Usually, if cheating occurs, it is the man who cheats. Women are more nurturing.

If a spouse goes to prison, often a wife will visit. Often a man will abandon their jailbird wife.

Though hiring prostitutes is undoubtedly against the Muslim religion, many Muslims (especially rich ones) do so.

Members of the royal Saudi family often say that American women are easy, because they come to America with a lot of money and buy prostitutes. Even average women seem to be partial prostitutes. Money corrupts everywhere....not just in America.

Saudi Royal Family Held Wild Parties

Saudis gone wild

Inside the lavish life of Saudi Arabia's party prince

It is difficult for Muslims to look up to their leaders for moral guidance when their leaders lack morality. Solmon Rushdie (wrote Satanic Verses) found that insulting the Muslim faith would get him a death sentence (fatwa from the leader of Iran....Ayatollah Khomeni). This proves that one must not question highly placed Muslims or the Muslim faith unless they want to be tortured or murdered.

Mob stones mentally ill man to death for ‘desecrating Qur’an’

Pakistani man was stoned to death for descrating the quran. (Source above) This proves that Muslims have harsh laws to deal with any criticism.

Therefore, very few criticise. This means that a lot of Muslims are free to get away with sins.

The Ayatollah Khomeni was put in power to restore decency to the nation...as it turns out, his harsh leadership attacked the very people who helped him into power.

Clara Tea

Isn't there more problems after people get married? Especially if the married couple does not know each other at all before they get married?

One has to be married to be able to divorce ;) non married couple does not divorce

Many American women marry Muslims from the middle east, and if they visit, they find that women are property there, and they are not free to go. It is a harsh and austere life.

MyM

In Islam, it's not guaranteed all marriages will work out. No religion can guarantee that. But in Islam, actually in all humankind, no one falls in love without knowing them. Love takes time and it increases gradually. When a person dates for a long while, the fun is known, the actions get boring, then they move on to the next because they just don't care-no rules you have to follow, no guidelines just your own self. When you don't know so much about someone, it's fun getting to know them, fun sharing things together, fun learning about each other. Dating takes the fun out of marriage-at the beginning. In Islam, one has their religion and the guidelines in the marriage platform works wonders if followed correctly. Both have their roles to play and of course the main one is to worship Allah since that is why we are here on earth. When one hits that compatibility with each other and their religion, things work out :) No one should marry because of "not loving" because love grows when you learn about that person and it "fits". Good things can happen, bad things can happen and if you have an arranged marriage, there are certain things that must be done like they are allowed to see each other, ask questions, get to know them after the families know each other etc. It's not where you don't know each other or haven't seen each other etc. People think it's a "bad" thing to have an arranged marriage. If done in the correct manner, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

MyM

My comments are my opinions:

Some men think that it's fine to date, as long as their wives don't find out.

Some married men think that it is fine to read playboy magazines (or playgirl). Some nude internet chat.

Usually, if cheating occurs, it is the man who cheats. Women are more nurturing.

If a spouse goes to prison, often a wife will visit. Often a man will abandon their jailbird wife.

Though hiring prostitutes is undoubtedly against the Muslim religion, many Muslims (especially rich ones) do so.

Members of the royal Saudi family often say that American women are easy, because they come to America with a lot of money and buy prostitutes. Even average women seem to be partial prostitutes. Money corrupts everywhere....not just in America.

Saudi Royal Family Held Wild Parties

Saudis gone wild

Inside the lavish life of Saudi Arabia's party prince

It is difficult for Muslims to look up to their leaders for moral guidance when their leaders lack morality. Solmon Rushdie (wrote Satanic Verses) found that insulting the Muslim faith would get him a death sentence (fatwa from the leader of Iran....Ayatollah Khomeni). This proves that one must not question highly placed Muslims or the Muslim faith unless they want to be tortured or murdered.

Mob stones mentally ill man to death for ‘desecrating Qur’an’

Pakistani man was stoned to death for descrating the quran. (Source above) This proves that Muslims have harsh laws to deal with any criticism.

Therefore, very few criticise. This means that a lot of Muslims are free to get away with sins.

The Ayatollah Khomeni was put in power to restore decency to the nation...as it turns out, his harsh leadership attacked the very people who helped him into power.

People who are not religious and do not follow the religion like they should do, do not represent Islam. Simple as that. If a major sin is committed either by a women or man, the same exact punishment is given to both.

leaders or not, politicians or not, whoever does not go by the law of Islam, Allah will deal with them. You don't generalize a portion of wrongdoers and blame the entire people as doing that. I don't care what they do and it doesn't matter to me what they do because we actually cannot do anything about it. Can you do anything about it when your politicians do wrong? Not really...what about the CIA, the FBI, things get hidden, destroyed, thrown out and people have no frkn idea about what is goin on and they can't do anything about it. The media, propaganda, the news etc, is controlled and you can't control it. Sure, some can get caught out, but so much happens behind closed doors that ordinary laymen do not know about and WILL NEVER KNOW ABOUT. So I don't understand how you can compare this to what happens all over the world.

Desecrating the Quran is extremely bad and that depends politically or satanically. Those who do that must deal with those factors. It is extremely serious and we take that seriously. It is something very bad in Islam to do. You can criticize all you want how extreme people go, but in Islam, it is considered extremely wrong to do and personally, I will actually like to understand this better but it does deal with politics and I am not that great when it comes to that. But I am gonna try and see what the Islamic situation for dealing with this involves. I do know that if you need to get rid of it or the name of Allah is on papers, in books or what have you, you should burn it and not throw it in the trash or dumpster to be trampled on.

And Allah knows best.

MyM

Many American women marry Muslims from the middle east, and if they visit, they find that women are property there, and they are not free to go. It is a harsh and austere life.

I married an arab. I have friends from the states here with me that have married arabs. It's amazing how easy it is to forget how bad MANY MANY americans and english and WORLD men are. They hate, hurt, abuse, even kill and yet people get on arab men. Why do people act so hypocritical? There are good men and there are bad men. There are men that hurt in every religion, race and color on this planet. If they are getting abused in their marriages, then there is always divorce. A women can divorce just like a man can. Trust me on that!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I am just tryin to find a middle ground that opens people's minds to admit that there is a problem which many people are denying.

I think some of us are trying to tell you they're not having problems with it.

I'm not denying that some are. Obviously, some are, or this conversation wouldn't be happening. But not everyone is. Some are enjoying the status quo regarding the dating world.

There is a problem out there but people just don't give a dam and want to carry on because of how "they" see it-doesn't necessarily make it right. :)

I think people are just trying to secure the right to do things that make sense to them, and that works for them.

As a prudish person, I had a roommate and good friend that was a sex addict. No one stood up more for her right to do what she wished than I, and no one stood up for my right not to be touched or engage in 'dating culture' than she. We both respected the rights of the other. I think in this situation, that's the best we can do. Allow others to deal with their romantic/marriage in a way that makes sense to them, whether its being casual and dating many, or not dating at all and letting family arrange it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think some of us are trying to tell you they're not having problems with it.

I'm not denying that some are. Obviously, some are, or this conversation wouldn't be happening. But not everyone is. Some are enjoying the status quo regarding the dating world.

I think people are just trying to secure the right to do things that make sense to them, and that works for them.

As a prudish person, I had a roommate and good friend that was a sex addict. No one stood up more for her right to do what she wished than I, and no one stood up for my right not to be touched or engage in 'dating culture' than she. We both respected the rights of the other. I think in this situation, that's the best we can do. Allow others to deal with their romantic/marriage in a way that makes sense to them, whether its being casual and dating many, or not dating at all and letting family arrange it.
The Muslim way is certainly not the only way to live :)
And I agree we should not try to make other be like our self, because they are not us :)

Segev Moran

I understand what you are saying. I personally haven't studied this. I just thought it decent that someone is trying to at least help fix the problem that people are facing when it comes to dating-from the Christian side. Islamically still a bit different. I am just tryin to find a middle ground that opens people's minds to admit that there is a problem which many people are denying. There is a problem out there but people just don't give a dam and want to carry on because of how "they" see it-doesn't necessarily make it right. :)
In that sense, I agree with you without a doubt.
That said, people should be educated with facts and reality, and not tales and "reality shows".
By reality shows, I do not mean that religion is a reality show (although, sadly, some people abuse it to be exactly that).
The idea of knowing due to a spiritual epiphany, should not be accepted as true, never, without valid, and measurable proof.
This, however, might be the case here ;), I guess time will tell :)