• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever Let Something Trivial and Inconsequential Ruin Your Day?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps I just woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning. I let something that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things ruin my mood today. Or perhaps the 'something' just exacerbated an iffy mood.

I like to pick a weekend day to go out to breakfast. I have three go-to places, so after having driven by the reader board the other day and seeing something that caught my fancy, I decided to go there. I won't mention the name of the place, but will just say it rhymes with Cob Heavens and it was down on the farm.

So I went in there to order the item, but since I don't eat mammals, I asked the server if there was a variant that came with turkey sausage instead of pork. I was told that they would have to break up the sausage links, so they couldn't do it (because turkey sausage links are apparently unbreakable).

Since my diet typically leaves me with limited choices, I usually have a back-up item, which I did this time. So I asked if I could order another item which comes with 'all the meats' and just get turkey sausage. She went and checked, and came back to tell me no, but they could give me "turkey ham" instead.

My curiosity was piqued. Never heard of "turkey ham" and have certainly never tried it, and I'll try anything once (twice if I like it). So I said that I would try it with this "turkey ham."

So my breakfast comes out. What is topping the eggs is this "turkey ham" which oddly resembles sliced turkey breast. I shrug and reach for the hollandaise sauce (which was for some reason served on the side) and begin to put it over the "turkey ham" and the rest of the food. I take my first bite. The hollandaise sauce was refrigerator cold, and the food was lukewarm.

I call the server over and told her the food was cold. She apologizes, brings the plate to a manager (in earshot of me since I'm seated at the counter), who hands it to a kitchen worker and says, "Pop this in the mic." Really??!

I get up and walk over to the manager and told him, "I really don't think 'popping' my food in the microwave is an acceptable solution." So (lets call him Captain Obvious) asks me if I wanted him to remake it. I mentally searched for other possible alternatives to 'popping' it in the mic or remaking it, and coming up empty, I said, yes, I want you to remake it.

So another 10 minutes go by and my food finally comes out. The server sets the plate in front of me and says, "Oh, you need more hollandaise sauce." She comes back empty handed and says that they told her it was already on it. I saw perhaps a splash of it under one of the pieces of turkey, show her, and she says, "I'll get you more."

As I wait for the sauce, I'm looking at my plate and thinking to myself that this doesn't remotely resemble what I ordered. I took pictures of both, and as I ate, scrolled back and forth on the two pictures on my phone.

I finished my meal and had another cup of coffee, kind of hanging around to see if the manager would come check on me so I could discuss my dissatisfaction with my experience. He never came, so I found the survey website on the check and completed a survey.

As I stood in line, check in hand with survey code, I noticed a young man walk by with a name tag that said "General Manager." I pulled him aside, showed him the two pictures in my phone asking him if either remotely resembled the other. He admitted that they did not. I explained my experience, and he responded, "We don't have "turkey ham."" I told him, "Yeah, I figured that out." He went on to admit to me that they should have been able to make either my first or second choice with turkey sausage.

He did end up comping me my meal and inviting me to return next time for a complimentary meal, which was nice, but the whole experience kind of set the mood of the day.

Apologies for the TLDR rant.

I know I'm above letting something so trivial as a bad breakfast (which ended up being almost a two hour experience) ruin my day, and it irks me that I allowed that to happen.

Anyone else let something so silly as a disappointing meal ruin their day recently?

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I had some aggressive drunk insult my wife, dog and me while we were having lunch out yesterday. This was some dero loser who has to hang out talking to other old drunks just to find someone to talk to, and even then he later got kicked out of the pub. No reason I should remotely care about him or his opinion, but it really bothered me, almost ruined my whole day. :(

Skwim

Veteran Member
Ever Let Something Trivial and Inconsequential Ruin Your Day?
Yeah. Questions about trivial and inconsequential things.

4e19e46ed0109c05fdbadbd50f3107cd.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As someone vulnerable to obsession, it's been known to happen.
But when I lost an investment which was the bulk of my wealth,
& was reduced to commoner status, I avoided feeling bad at all.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes, sometimes my whole day is ruined because I can't get away from thoughts of the stupid things I do while high or drunk. I try to not think about those things, but they bombard me mentally and emotionally.

It never ceases to ruin my day and mood. I still get down and miserable over things I did when I was 15 years old. Time doesn't heal the wounds.

I can't get it out of the my tortured mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes to the general question about letting little things ruin my day. As I get older, now being 73, that is more and more replaced by enjoying continuing to breathe and being in good health, for someone who is 73.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, sometimes my whole day is ruined because I can't get thoughts of the stupid things I do while high or drunk. I try to not think about those things, but they bombard me mentally and emotionally.

It never ceases to ruin my day and mood. I still get down and miserable over things I did when I was 15 years old. Time doesn't heal the wounds.

I can't get it out of the my tortured mind.

Since time is abstract, I will agree with you that time doesn't heal emotional wounds.

However, separation does, at least for me. Creating new neural pathways in the brain resulting in a change in habitual thought by changing lifestyle and habits has had a significant impact in my moving past traumatic experiences in my life. I'm hopeful that they same can happen to you.