• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever have a loved one commit suicide

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yes...aside from my husband who passively ended his own life because of serious illness......I had a dear friend who battled severe depression and extreme OCD for fifty years, who had attempted suicide many times by different methods, she finally succeeded and ended her misery. It left everyone gutted. I see so many things in my home that were gifts from her and my heart breaks....I miss her terribly, but I hope to see her again in the resurrection to come because mental illness is nobody's choice. I know now that she is finally at peace.

I saw a sign once that said...."Suicide doesn't end the pain...it just hands it on to somebody else". I know how true that is. :(

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I had a close high school friend commit suicide. I sometimes wonder what the last thing was going through his mind, other than the bullet ..:(

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Dekrikos Augustine

Life Person Thing
Have you ever had a friend or family member who committed suicide? How did it affect you?

An Ex-Girlfriend of mine ended up taking her own life several years ago when we were 15. I admit that my relationship with her was %30 sincere emotion and %70 to be near someone like myself. We both had our issues, but mine related to anger and hers to depression. We had been together from the age of 12 and she was my best friend/only friend. Her taking of her own life mellowed me out into a zombie for a long time, I blamed myself. I was the one who found her and sat with her until the cops could get there.

I realize now that no matter what she did, or how she did it, suicide was going to be the end result. She was just one of the ones that was never going to cope, no matter how hard she tried. I've since come to terms with her death and used it as motivation in controlling my own issues, which proved to be difficult but not impossible.

Gruesome as it was, her suicide helped me cope even though it almost lead to my death as well.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Have you ever had a friend or family member who committed suicide? How did it affect you?
Yes. It is less bothersome than friends or family who died because of murder or accident. Though, I get pretty quiet and distant around death. My reaction to death seems different than I have observed of many of my friends and family members. With suicide I accept that the person really didn't want to be hear anymore. But I miss both my friends and family members who have killed themselves. They were all good people. They would have made the world even better had they been able to tough it out a little longer. I just recognize that it would be wrong of me to have expected them to do so.