• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever had a wild animal touch you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Has a wild rodent or mammal ever touched you?

I had a squirrel in Kalispell come up and touch me with his nose. It made it in the papers that there were squirrel attacks in that town as well. Maybe there was something in the air or their diets or they were on something lol.

In Montana I pet a bobcat.

I've also pet a wild raccoon (and a male buffalo that was not wild.)

I've also held a baby deer in the wild (montana) and the mother looked like she was going to kill me and made strange noises.

I've seen more than one bear in the wild, but they didn't get very close.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, and then I swore off dating men forever.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Got "skunked" on the last camping trip I took. Not a "touch" I would recommend...just saying'.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Chickadees use o clean up the cattle chop trough after the cows left. I stood very still there with some oats extended in my hand for a few days. Eventually a chickadee came and ate.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have had wolf come up to me and smelled my neck ( a bit scary) when you lay on the ground
and i had raindeer in north of norway come up to me .
a moose come very close to and i could touch it.

When i was younger i spend a lot of time in the nature.

Last edited:

Dekrikos Augustine

Life Person Thing
I shared leftover grilled chicken with a wild fox once, it let me pet it only while it was eating but it did lay beside me.
I've also picked up a small raccoon that had injured itself, while out fishing. It liked it's vet more than me.:(
Lastly there was a time I met a seemingly very old timber wolf while out hiking. She licked my hand and drank most of my water.

GoodbyeDave

In London we obviously don't do anything very large, but I've handled grey squirrels, who are very tame. Foxes are more wary and the closest I've got was to stand next to one as we waited to cross the road.

Many birds here will feed out of your hand and some, such as pigeons and tits, will perch on you.

Milton Platt

Has a wild rodent or mammal ever touched you?

I had a squirrel in Kalispell come up and touch me with his nose. It made it in the papers that there were squirrel attacks in that town as well. Maybe there was something in the air or their diets or they were on something lol.

In Montana I pet a bobcat.

I've also pet a wild raccoon (and a male buffalo that was not wild.)

I've also held a baby deer in the wild (montana) and the mother looked like she was going to kill me and made strange noises.

I've seen more than one bear in the wild, but they didn't get very close.

Deer, racoon, possum, snake, fish, turtles, birds, American bison, armadillo, squirrels........

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sitting on the side of a mountain a marmot (aka Groundhog) passed right between me and another student. It was a bit more uncomfortable for him since the marmot went right under his legs before walking between us:

1280px-Marmot-edit1.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But we do have our uses.
We can not only reach jars on high shelves,
we can open even the stubborn ones.

Im taller than my other half so he calls me for the reaching
But i must admit he is ok at opening milk bottles

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
Once when I opened the township recycle bin door, a red squirrel leaped out into my face. He jumped off me and ran away into the woods and up a tree. He was probably totally terror stricken about being trapped in there and when he saw the light...BAM! I was not hurt and he did not seem to be either.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Bird (siskin) , lizard, red squirrel and a snake presented to me by the cats. Its fair to say it was me who touched the lizard and snake by picking them up. The bird jumped into my hand until i got it outside, i dropped a towel on the squirrel, it didnt rush about, im guessing it was in shock. When i let it go it nudged my finger then ran.

Ive been within touching distance of a whale shark but didnt actually touch it. I just stared in awe.