• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even if homo....

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Even if we learned homosexual behavior, where would we learn it from outside our biological attraction to whomever regardless of sex?

How would someone in the hills of India learn homosexual behavior from society?

Who taught the woman from China while she was more busy taking care of family than watching the "updated news."?

How would a christian American know to perform such a behavior in an environment that doesn't advocate nor promote those activities?

I dont see the logic in it. All humans have attractions. Our attractions aren't black and white. Theyre on a sliding scale. To be LGBTQ is different than cbosing to identify would with whom one is attracted to. Cultural norms such as our names and how we support each other and challenges are alike. They are influenced by and result of society.

However, who taught these behaviors to where they are more caused by our society and not by our physiology and psychology, and the norms of being a human to begin with?

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yeah...I do think that our attractions are black and white...

I laugh when I think that some males "go gay" in jail, because there are no women...

I mean...I'd rather swim in a sewer than having sex with a woman....

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I laugh when I think that some males "go gay" in jail, because there are no women...

Ha. Ew. I feel like bugs and ants over me when a man touches me intimately. I totally shut down. No history or anything. Think anyone would be uncomfortable with someone they're not attracted to that way. Sewer?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Even if we learned homosexual behavior, where would we learn it from outside our biological attraction to whomever regardless of sex?

Who taught the woman from China while she was more busy taking care of family than watching the "updated news."?

How would a christian American know to perform such a behavior in an environment that doesn't advocate nor promote those activities?

I dont see the logic in it. All humans have attractions. Our attractions aren't black and white. Theyre on a sliding scale. To be LGBTQ is different than cbosing to identify would with whom one is attracted to. Cultural norms such as our names and how we support each other and challenges are alike. They are influenced by and rest of society.

However, who taught these behaviors to where they are more caused by our society and not by our physiology and psychology, and the norms of being a human to begin with?

Hello........
For what it's worth, one of our little dachshund *****es mounts one of our female cats in some attempt at mating with it.

Always the same couple...... she is not interested in any other animals at all. And they sleep together...... inseparable. I must go-get a pic for you.
It's just one of the ways of nature........ :shrug:
P1000165.JPG

Spiderman

Veteran Member

You have never gotten sexually aroused by a beautiful female?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hello........
For what it's worth, one of our little dachshund *****es mounts one of our female cats in some attempt at mating with it.

Always the same couple...... she is not interested in any other animals at all. And they sleep together...... inseparable. I must go-get a pic for you.
It's just one of the ways of nature........ :shrug:
View attachment 26076
Cute picture.

And, of course to sustain the "learned" myth, people have to ignore gay lower animals or explain that away in some fashion.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Ha. Ew. I feel like bugs and ants over me when a man touches me intimately. I totally shut down........

Apart from one person, I would shut-down if any man or woman touched me like that..... intimately. I realise that my situation is different in that I am crazy about my wife, only.

But there it is, each person's sexuality is as unique as their fingerprints, and any victimisations, harassments or exclusions made on folks because of their sexuality are just disgusting.

A Vestigial Mote

I dont see the logic in it. All humans have attractions. Our attractions aren't black and white. Theyre on a sliding scale. To be LGBTQ is different than cbosing to identify would with whom one is attracted to. Cultural norms such as our names and how we support each other and challenges are alike. They are influenced by and result of society.

It is a ridiculous notion to think that Homosexuals are making a choice to "deny their nature". A choice based on what? Exactly as you stated - it can't be that they are simply "learning" it somewhere - and even if they were, what would otherwise be considered "natural predilections" by those who claim that homosexuals are somehow "faking it" (honestly, that's what it the accusation really amounts to) would still be in play, wouldn't they? Meaning, if one were going against their nature in order to be homosexual, wouldn't that be tougher than simply following their heterosexual desires? Isn't that what someone who denounces homosexuality on these grounds has to believe? That the heterosexuality is there, but being denied? If that were the case, then how could someone ever really be attracted to the same sex? Their nature simply wouldn't allow it! But it does - which means that the natural state of homosexuals is to be homosexual. End of story.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
But what about those who believe these things, though. Is there a logical explanation of how a person's behavior and orientation is influenced by society as a whole while not taking into account that not everyone in the world has anything to do with what the rest of us see on t.v.?

A Vestigial Mote

But what about those who believe these things, though. Is there a logical explanation of how a person's behavior and orientation is influenced by society as a whole while not taking into account that not everyone in the world has anything to do with what the rest of us see on t.v.?
You mean, to argue it from the other side? Hmmm... I'd have to think about it. What would I say, if I were the one trying to argue that it was a "learned behavior"?

I suppose you could only argue that regarding people who had exposure in the first place. But then as soon as you find even one case of a person being homosexual, whose societal influences never once exposed them to the idea, your case would be shut down entirely. The problem with arguing in absolutes.

The only "safe" thing to even argue then, I feel, is that the prevalence of homosexual material (books/movies/entertainment/news stories), in some cultures, increases the number of people who end up self-identifying as homosexual in societies/locations where this type of exposure is commonplace. However - one would still never know whether the homosexuality was already there, and the "increase" you are seeing is only the result of people feeling more confident in making that move to self-identify. In other words - the percentage of homosexuals remains consistent, but the percentage willing to adopt an active lifestyle based on their desires increases with the increase in societal acceptance. And even that seems far more logically sound than claiming that people are going against their "natures" (and therefore desires) based on something they are "learning" from others around them. I honestly can't find any tenability in the argument whatsoever.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I suppose you could only argue that regarding people who had exposure in the first place. But then as soon as you find even one case of a person being homosexual, whose societal influences never once exposed them to the idea, your case would be shut down entirely. The problem with arguing in absolutes.

The only "safe" thing to even argue then, I feel, is that the prevalence of homosexual material (books/movies/entertainment/news stories), in some cultures, increases the number of people who end up self-identifying as homosexual in societies/locations where this type of exposure is commonplace. However - one would still never know whether the homosexuality was already there, and the "increase" you are seeing is only the result of people feeling more confident in making that move to self-identify

It does ruin the argument to the other side now that other countries are having their own pride festivals. I was talking to one guy who is gay in my speech group who said he didn't like how in pride parades "we" are giving LGBTQ a bad name and image. He highly disagreed because a lot of youth coming to find their sexuality and self are bombarded by activism and not what people actually thing at a lay level.

In other words - the percentage of homosexuals remains consistent, but the percentage willing to adopt an active lifestyle based on their desires increases with the increase in societal acceptance. And even that seems far more logically sound than claiming that people are going against their "natures" (and therefore desires) based on something they are "learning" from others around them. I honestly can't find any tenability in the argument

Yeah. The former point, I would agree as a generalization. Acceptance is supposed to be for the person to have equal rights and viewed as human not based on our attractions. I think it's seen the opposite that people want to be viewed by their attractions so they can be unique and be accepted.

But, yeah, if I read you right learned lifestyle makes more sense than learned attractions. But then our lifestyle doesn't mean it will be unhealthy just because we chose to get married, have sex, have a job, etc. It's a huge mix up and the LGBTQ community, in my opinion, isn't helping with taking away from stereotypes as they had in the past but emphasising more. Counter productive.

But I wish people like on this forum can tell the difference. Generalizations are the root of all evils and using religion as an excuse for those views doesnt make it more right than the immorality if hitting someone justified by that person's morals against life.