• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eve

syo

Eve gave humanity the greatest gift, she ate the fruit. But people think that this is an evil action. Why? We turn against Eve, our mother of humanity, and we act awful.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Eve gave humanity the greatest gift, she ate the fruit. But people think that this is an evil action. Why? We turn against Eve, our mother of humanity, and we act awful.

In the bible story she was female, that was enough.

syo

First, there was Lilith, a beautiful untamed, free woman and then Eve. We should be thankful to both women.

syo

Where's Lilith? Verse?
Genesis 1:27 New King James Version (NKJV)
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

The female it says isn't Eve. If it isn't lilith, then which female is it?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Genesis 1:27 New King James Version (NKJV)
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

The female it says isn't Eve. If it isn't lilith, then which female is it?
ahhh...
I just interpret that as different way of saying the same thing. In the other verse, it gives the name Eve.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Actually, it wasn't Eve but rather Adam... but why do you see it as a greatest gift?

As far as why was it evil, at least in the Christian perspective, it permitted the Satan to have authority on this earth.

syo

Actually, it wasn't Eve but rather Adam... but why do you see it as a greatest gift?
It is a great gift because it created the human brain complete. I mean, God showed to humans paradise. But there is also the other side of the coin, the mundane. Eve with the fruit gave a new perspective, it completed the picture of existence. It made people take action. If there wasn't the fruit there would be stagnation.

As far as why was it evil, at least in the Christian perspective, it permitted the Satan to have authority on this earth.
I don't like how christians view satan. I see satan as a servant of God. God put the snake in the garden. God wanted to see his favorite humans full potential. And also, he wanted humans to choose him and paradise, and not having humans kept in paradise like pets.