• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eve vs Lilith

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Has the human mind really changed much since then? Archetypes have repeatedly shown up across history and across different cultures.
Indeed...real feminism is about "what women want" and not "what the patriarchal system (God) wants them to be".
Both Lilith's choice and Eve's choice must be respected.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Indeed...real feminism is about "what women want" and not "what the patriarchal system (God) wants them to be".
Both Lilith's choice and Eve's choice must be respected.
What do you think about Genesis 3 in light of their (Adam & Eve's) choices? Were the pronouncements a curse from God to manipulate Adam & Eve and the Serpent, or was God just pointing out the natural consequences of their being led by their desires?

Enlil

Allah's servant
Have you ever heard the night wind while it whistles around your home? Wind is restless, there is no calm. Wind is created by two opposing forces. Until one wins one submits to the other. According to the story God did not leave Lilith, Lilith left God. Lilith left the Garden, God wanted reconciliation. Look closely to the story. God never said men are above a woman or equal. It would appear according to the story God wants men and women to work things out rather than run away. Lilith will never find rest until she returns. She is a homeless wanderer.

The version of Lilith you had given comes from “Alphabet of Sirach”. This is not a “mythological tale”. The story is satire. Satire is an exaggeration of truth, at least in the mind of the author. Beneath the exaggeration would be a kernel of truth. What is the kernel of truth would be a better question to ask. What is the author exaggerating?

Here is the story in its entirety:

Alphabet of Sirach - Wikipedia

Out of curiosity, why do you use the metaphor of the night wind here?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The Scripture was written after the events, so that verse could simply be stating how God created man, same as the other references, except including Eve, here.

There's literally two stories where the events occur in different orders. The first had God make man and woman equal, the second sees woman come from man. I might have the wrong verse?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There's literally two stories where the events occur in different orders. The first had God make man and woman equal, the second sees woman come from man. I might have the wrong verse?
Or a different Bible. Both of those examples seem to indicate Adam, as the first creation, according to my reading.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I would also note, that in retelling, or basically, after the creation, you could say 'God created Eve, and Adam'.

That would seem to be a true, non contradictory, statement.

roger1440

I do stuff
Yes?

Story one is Genesis 1:1-31

Story two is Genesis 2:4-9
The story of Lilith as Adam's first wife could not possibly be included in the Book of Genesis or any other book in the Jewish or Christian Bible for the simple reason the story didn't exist until many centuries after the Bible was written. It's a no brainer, LOL