• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evangelicals Ecstatic as God Helps Trump Ready the World for Armageddon

Skwim

Veteran Member
"During the election campaign last year many conservative evangelical Christians saw then-candidate Donald Trump as a man of strength who would make the world ready for a final battle between good and evil.

As the historian Matthew Avery Sutton wrote at the time, they expected him to lead America in “a real-world battle against evangelicals’ enemies and a spiritual battle against the Antichrist.”

His prediction is beginning to come true — with Jerusalem playing a critical role in that apocalyptic drama.

On Dec. 6, President Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Met with concern by almost all corners of the diplomatic world, it was greeted with excitement by a large segment of conservative Christians, especially white evangelicals who are among his staunchest supporters.

As Trump “spiritual adviser” Paula White said, “Evangelicals are ecstatic, for Israel is to us a sacred place and the Jewish people are our dearest friends.” John Hagee, the founder of Christians United for Israel, responded to Trump’s announcement by noting its precise “biblical timing” set out in Leviticus. Michael Evans said that America is “in the middle of prophecy right now” and compared Trump to King Cyrus, a pagan king who nonetheless was an instrument of God and helped Israel. At a rally for the president in Florida, state Sen. Doug Broxson excited the crowd by declaring: “When I heard about Jerusalem — where the King of Kings (applause) where our soon coming King is coming back to Jerusalem, it is because President Trump declared Jerusalem to be capital of Israel.”

Such statements are important because they shift the frame with which listeners are asked to consider what happened. They position Trump’s statement within sacred, rather than secular time. In other words, they show that they think the Jerusalem decision was part of God’s plan for the world, a step on the way to the reunification of the holy city (still considered occupied under international law) and the restoration of the ancient Israelite Temple. In other words, a step on the way towards the apocalypse."
source

OR NOT! What do you think?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
OMG. Yes, they are freaks. Those who delight and death and war are not Christians, nor sane humans. They are mentally ill.
Whether they are freaks or not is a matter of opinion. But they are definitely humans.
They are also Christian Trump supporters who are getting exactly what they wanted when they voted for him. Death and war.

Whether that is sane or not is also a matter of opinion. But they are getting what they voted for.
Tom

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

If one believes there is a Christian God, you have to accept that Trump being president is all part God's plan. Looking forward to God establishing his Kingdom here on earth.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Whether they are freaks or not is a matter of opinion. But they are definitely humans.
They are also Christian Trump supporters who are getting exactly what they wanted when they voted for him. Death and war.

Whether that is sane or not is also a matter of opinion. But they are getting what they voted for.
Tom
I don't think those who delight in the death of others are sane. That's not really a matter of opinion. There is something either emotionally, psychologically, or spiritually dysfunctional with them. It's not an alternative healthy form of human reality.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If one believes there is a Christian God, you have to accept that Trump being president is all part God's plan. Looking forward to God establishing his Kingdom here on earth.
Do you believe all Christians believe this?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I don't think those who delight in the death of others are sane. That's not really a matter of opinion. There is something either emotionally, psychologically, or spiritually dysfunctional with them. It's not an alternative healthy form of human reality.
HeavenTheAfterParty-Website.jpeg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"During the election campaign last year many conservative evangelical Christians saw then-candidate Donald Trump as a man of strength who would make the world ready for a final battle between good and evil..."

Yep, and God must then also be a "pathological liar" (Jindal and Graham's words for Trump) , a misogynist, a groper of women, a warrior, a racist,-- did I leave anything out? :shrug:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Do you believe all Christians believe this?

That everything happens according to God's plan? Most of them. Sure there are some liberal Christians, but I'm not sure what a liberal Christian gets out of being a Christian.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Such statements are important because they shift the frame with which listeners are asked to consider what happened. They position Trump’s statement within sacred, rather than secular time. In other words, they show that they think the Jerusalem decision was part of God’s plan for the world, a step on the way to the reunification of the holy city (still considered occupied under international law) and the restoration of the ancient Israelite Temple. In other words, a step on the way towards the apocalypse."
source

I'm so happy my cosmological and political understanding doesn't need 2,000 year old books to prop up the table so that it can hold any weight or stay level. Israel is just a piece of land, your spirituality is always with you in your heart and head. Anyway, relevant to the discussion of the day - If Trump plans to locate the Embassy in East Jerusalem he's starting ****, if he plans to locate it in West it's irrelevant. I find it strange that no one bothers to qualify the details of this, but whatever. Given that West Jerusalem is an Israeli territory this starts absolutely no ****, and gives absolutely no basis to the claims of the over-zealous Evangelical leadership. The nothing burger that it is... is well... tiring to say the least..

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I thought Armageddon was about war with something.
The loser is pretty much by definition excluded from that.
Xianity is so confusing.

I'm just saying whoever wins will write the narrative, and will likely portray themselves as the good guys.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That everything happens according to God's plan? Most of them. Sure there are some liberal Christians, but I'm not sure what a liberal Christian gets out of being a Christian.
I suspect they are inspired by this:

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm just saying whoever wins will write the narrative, and will likely portray themselves as the good guys.
Oh, I already knew that one.
The winners write the history books,
& history shows the winners are always the good guys.