• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evangelical Insurrectionists

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The video I saw was republican observers being put out of the room and democrats cheering it on.
If you are referring to what happened here in the Detroit area, those Pubs that were turned away were those who had never applied to serve as monitors and tried to crash where the count was being done. Here in Michigan, one must apply and go through a security check before being allowed in with the ballots. Also, there are limitations as to how many may be allowed in.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I had to check your claims since I have doubts if you will do so properly. There were more than one claims of Republicans being not allowed to observe, They have all been refuted:

Fact-check: Was Philadelphia counting votes in a 'shroud of darkness'?

That was just for Pennsylvania, the next is a check of Trump's claim that they were not allowed in Pennsylvania or Michigan, it earned a "Pants on fire" rating:

PolitiFact - Trump’s wrong claim that election observers were barred in Pennsylvania, Michigan

Another source that says that it is the Republicans lying here:

Trump And Allies Keep Claiming Republican Poll Watchers Were Banned—That’s A Lie

Do you have any reliable sources at all that support your claims? I can and have supported mine. I am clearly not the dishonest one or one without any credibility here.
Duh! The credible source is der Trumprer screaming "I lost." That's all the evidence we should need to ignore the fact "just following orders" is not a valid legal defense.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you are referring to what happened here in the Detroit area, those Pubs that were turned away were those who had never applied to serve as monitors and tried to crash where the count was being done. Here in Michigan, one must apply and go through a security check before being allowed in with the ballots. Also, there are limitations as to how many may be allowed in.
No, clearly the only fair option is to let obviously partisan people have their way, do what they demand, and step asode as they steal an election on a lie.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am pretty sure that was the event that @TrueBeliever37 was referring to. Unfortunately even though he is sure of what he saw, or so he claims, he cannot find any sources that support his claim. I cannot refute a vague claim specifically. All I could do was to find valid sources that explained some of the false claims, but I cannot be sure that any of them were his false claims.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hogwash - Now I know not to believe anything you tell me. You no longer have any credibility with me. I know what I saw and you are being dishonest about it.
I just thought that I would revisit this. If you know what you saw then why can't you find any news reports about it? People very often remember what they want to remember. This is why eye witness testimony in a trial is the lowest sort of evidence that is allowed. It is far from the best. It appears that you want the false narratives to be true so your memory is playing tricks on you. If this did happen you could find reliable sources that reported on it.

Trump signed more e.o.'s in one term than any other president, most even within two terms. Did you complain about Trump's e.o.'s?

By what I know, he didn’t sign anything as stupid and China pleasing, but I think it is not the same, because Trump didn’t say it makes person a dictator. Biden himself says it does and now he is banning words that China don’t like. I think it is very stupid and even ridiculous. However, do you think Biden was correct when he told it makes one a dictator?

I'd rather stick to the subject instead of galloping off into another one.
This has nothing to do with that.

I think it has, because they are potential reason for impeachment. And “insurrectionists” can be called impeachers, which obviously is not bad, unless Pelosi is also bad with her Iznogoudish* actions.

* Iznogoud - Wikipedia (reminds lot of Pelosi)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think it has, because they are potential reason for impeachment. And “insurrectionists” can be called impeachers, which obviously is not bad, unless Pelosi is also bad with her Iznogoudish* actions.

* Iznogoud - Wikipedia (reminds lot of Pelosi)
I'm sorry I still don't know what this post has to do with anything, or even what you're trying to say.

Could you re-phrase?

metis

By what I know, he didn’t sign anything as stupid and China pleasing, but I think it is not the same, because Trump didn’t say it makes person a dictator. Biden himself says it does and now he is banning words that China don’t like. I think it is very stupid and even ridiculous. However, do you think Biden was correct when he told it makes one a dictator?
It appears that you blindly believe in just right-slanted political sources without "cross-checking" what they say as even we learned to do in elementary school. All I see with the above is a mere parroting of right-wing propaganda.

And now you are grasping at straws through "deflection", thus attempting to avoid what most of the world clearly knows, namely that Trump and his morally-blind base tried to overthrow the Capitol and our election, which would have put him in as dictator of the United States. If you doubt that, then what was their end-game?

This is the reality that you cannot see for some reason, and I would suggest that Jesus would not endorse anything like that, especially since he taught Love, Truth, and Peace; which Trump didn't and doesn't do. Thus, I highly suggest to do some soul-searching because you're defending and supporting the antithesis of what Christ actually taught us.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Biden himself says it does and now he is banning words that China don’t like. I think it is very stupid and even ridiculous. However, do you think Biden was correct when he told it makes one a dictator?
Looks to me it's very stupid and ridiculous to make such claims and present no evidence or reason.

TrueBeliever37

I just thought that I would revisit this. If you know what you saw then why can't you find any news reports about it? People very often remember what they want to remember. This is why eye witness testimony in a trial is the lowest sort of evidence that is allowed. It is far from the best. It appears that you want the false narratives to be true so your memory is playing tricks on you. If this did happen you could find reliable sources that reported on it.

I never said I couldn't find a valid source. I haven't even tried to search for it again. The problem is I would be wasting my time. You wouldn't even accept something from NewsMax or OAN as being valid anyway would you? (Good grief - you don't even consider the word of God himself to be valid.) So I am not going to waste my time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I never said I couldn't find a valid source. I haven't even tried to search for it again. The problem is I would be wasting my time. You wouldn't even accept something from NewsMax or OAN as being valid anyway would you? (Good grief - you don't even consider the word of God himself to be valid.) So I am not going to waste my time.
Now you are projecting again. You appear to be the sort that will reject evidence that contradicts your beliefs. Do not assume that everyone is that way. I have followed this very closely. I have seen failure after failure by the Republicans to find anything and to reject all of the evidence that tells them that they are wrong. Here is a hint, when even conservative justices put in place by Trump say "there is no evidence of widespread fraud" then you can be pretty sure that there is no evidence of widespread fraud.

As the saying goes "put up or shut up". Even Trump's pet Attorney General said that there was no fraud.

And no, I would not accept either NewsMax or OAN since they have a history of prejudice and dishonesty. That is why I asked you if you knew how to vet your sources. You clearly don't. Just because a source agrees with you is not a good reason to use it.

Looks to me it's very stupid and ridiculous to make such claims and present no evidence or reason.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that what Biden said is stupid and ridiculous?

I think what he has now done is against the constitution and he would deserve to be impeached.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that what Biden said is stupid and ridiculous?
No, Im saying that is making claims about Biden without presenting evidence. Like, it's stupid and ridiculous for Trump to keep insisting there was massive voter fraud and present no evidence for it. Amd that's according to those Trump appointed.
I think what he has now done is against the constitution and he would deserve to be impeached.
:rolleyes:

metis

I posted earlier the links to the evidence where it is shown Biden has done so. Interesting if you claim they are not true.

Biden Signs Executive Order To Ban The Term 'China Virus' | ZeroHedge

I think that is against the constitution and Biden should be impeached.
Maybe consider checking other sources: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-bans-china-virus/ :
Claim
U.S. President Joe Biden issued an executive order in January 2021 banning any use of the term “China virus.”
Rating
rating-mixture.png

Mixture

About this rating
What's True
Biden's order directed federal agencies “to ensure that official actions, documents, and statements, including those that pertain to the COVID-19 pandemic, do not exhibit or contribute to racism [...] against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.”

What's False
The executive order does not explicitly reference the phrase “China virus.” The so-called “ban” only applies to federal departments and agencies, not personal speech.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I posted earlier the links to the evidence where it is shown Biden has done so. Interesting if you claim they are not true.

Biden Signs Executive Order To Ban The Term 'China Virus' | ZeroHedge

I think that is against the constitution and Biden should be impeached.
He only banned that term in government papers, something well within his purview. An employer can fire people for making racist statements on the job. Please note that the ban does not stop someone form going home and using that phrase. In other words people still have the rights to be racists. They simply cannot apply their racism on government time.

I would think that as a Christian you would applaud such an action. Or does your version of God approve of hatred towards others based upon their race?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Maybe consider checking other sources: Did Biden Ban Saying 'China Virus' With Executive Order? :
Claim
U.S. President Joe Biden issued an executive order in January 2021 banning any use of the term “China virus.”
Rating
rating-mixture.png

Mixture

About this rating
What's True
Biden's order directed federal agencies “to ensure that official actions, documents, and statements, including those that pertain to the COVID-19 pandemic, do not exhibit or contribute to racism [...] against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.”

What's False
The executive order does not explicitly reference the phrase “China virus.” The so-called “ban” only applies to federal departments and agencies, not personal speech.
Rats, beat me to it. But pretty much what I said. If someone wants to be a racist they cannot apply their racist views in official government policies or papers. There is nothing unconstitutional or immoral about that.

TrueBeliever37

He only banned that term in government papers, something well within his purview. An employer can fire people for making racist statements on the job. Please note that the ban does not stop someone form going home and using that phrase. In other words people still have the rights to be racists. They simply cannot apply their racism on government time.

I would think that as a Christian you would applaud such an action. Or does your version of God approve of hatred towards others based upon their race?
How ridiculous. There is nothing racist in saying where something came from.