• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Euthanize rapists and pedophiles?

Would society be better off if rapists and pedophiles we're euthanized?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just wondering what the consensus is here.

I've seen the suffering pedophiles and rapists go through harassed and beat up in prison. They are unhappy, miserable, lonesome, despised, depraved creatures. Why pay all the tax payers dollars to pro long their agony if they could be comfortably put out of their misery?

It could also protect the innocent.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

I've seen the suffering pedophiles and rapists go through harassed and beat up in prison. They are unhappy, miserable, lonesome, despised, depraved creatures. Why pay all the tax payers dollars to pro long their agony if they could be comfortably put out of their misery?

Actually, the death penalty is, on average, considerably more expensive to the taxpayer than a life sentence.

SOURCE: https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

dfnj

I don't believe in cruel an unusual punishment. Prison is enough. Although I am not a big fan of privately owned corporate prisons and the outsourcing of prison labor. But that is for a different thread.

dfnj

It doesn't have to be...North Carolina’s annual cost for each inmate is $29,965. A lethal injection could be far cheaper

There is no way to tell how many of the more than 1,450 people executed since 1976 may also have been innocent. Courts do not generally entertain claims of innocence when the defendant is dead. Defense attorneys move on to other cases where clients' lives can still be saved. Some cases with strong evidence of innocence include:

Carlos DeLuna: Texas — Conviction: 1983, Executed: 1989
Ruben Cantu: Texas — Conviction: 1985, Executed: 1993
Larry Griffin: Missouri — Conviction: 1981, Executed: 1995
Joseph O'Dell: Virginia — Conviction: 1986, Executed: 1997
David Spence: Texas — Conviction: 1984, Executed: 1997
Leo Jones: Florida — Conviction: 1981, Executed: 1998
Gary Graham: Texas — Conviction: 1981, Executed: 2000
Claude Jones: Texas — Conviction: 1989, Executed: 2000
Cameron Willingham: Texas — Conviction: 1992, Executed: 2004
Troy Davis: Georgia — Conviction: 1991, Executed: 2011
Lester Bower: Texas — Conviction: 1984, Executed: 2015
Brian Terrell: Georgia — Conviction: 1995, Executed: 2015
Richard Masterson: Texas — Conviction: 2002, Executed: 2016
Robert Pruett: Texas — Conviction: 2002, Executed: 2017

Executed But Possibly Innocent | Death Penalty Information Center

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Oh, lots of them. Do you really want me to make a list? I'll start with:

1. Euthanisation is not an option. It is barbaric.
2. The death penalty is not an option. It is barbaric.

Do you need more?
Those would fall into the no category

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Good thing innocent people never get wrongly convicted.