• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EU Leaders Agree to Implement CBAM, a Carbon Tariff

Heyo

Veteran Member
The Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism CBAM will become law in Europe. Imports of some goods like steel, aluminium and cement will be slapped with a tariff equalling what a European producer would have to pay in carbon certificates. There will be exceptions for goods for which an equal tax has already been paid and there are discussions for discounts for developing countries.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism CBAM will become law in Europe. Imports of some goods like steel, aluminium and cement will be slapped with a tariff equalling what a European producer would have to pay in carbon certificates. There will be exceptions for goods for which an equal tax has already been paid and there are discussions for discounts for developing countries.
Excellent

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Any excuse to get more money for themselves. What a racket.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Good. More money towards carbon reduction.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Any excuse to get more money for themselves. What a racket.
Like any good leftist, I was for free trade most of the time while the right was mostly protectionist. Seems that the tables have turned. Or is it more that it is protectionism in other countries than the one you happen to live in?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Great news

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Excellent.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Is that where the money actually goes? I think not.
So where do you think taxes levied by EU countries go? They get spent on the various services that government provides to the people. You know, things like roads, railways, police, health, education, standards systems for goods, all the things a modern society needs government to do in order for it to function.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Like any good leftist, I was for free trade most of the time while the right was mostly protectionist. Seems that the tables have turned. Or is it more that it is protectionism in other countries than the one you happen to live in?
There is plenty of protectionism in the US - much of it introduced by Trump, to loud cheers from his supporters.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So where do you think taxes levied by EU countries go? They get spent on the various services that government provides to the people. You know, things like roads, railways, police, health, education, standards systems for goods, all the things a modern society needs government to do in order for it to function.
Of course it goes there.

Yea...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Money. It's about the money.

When trump levied $80 billion on imports i didn't see you objecting then .

Interestingly evey European citizen is in favour Europe implementing a carbon tariff on imports. And one American doesn't like the idea.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When trump levied $80 billion on imports i didn't see you objecting then .

Interestingly evey European citizen is in favour Europe implementing a carbon tariff on imports. And one American doesn't like the idea.
To be fair, probably more than one. We have more than our fair share of science deniers.