• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ethical controls in fishing

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
I do not like fishing with bait, this is a scam, and I do not want to trick the fish or delusion that I feed them and then eat
Isn't appropriate (Not decent) to trick the fish through the bait?
I want to catch them with nets or directly, and openly announce to them that I want to eat them because I'm hungry (this is an honorable way) to fish

It's a shame to catch fish this way (bait), tricking young fish and delude them with pink dreams :(
I speak why we do not invent open and honest fishing methods :)

with respect ;)

Terry Sampson

Is this ethical enough for you?

Screenshot_2019-12-03 fishing with a spear - Google Search.png

exchemist

Veteran Member
I do not like fishing with bait, this is a scam, and I do not want to trick the fish or delusion that I feed them and then eat
I want to catch them with nets or directly, and openly announce to them that I want to eat them because I'm hungry (this is an honorable way) to fish

It's a shame to catch fish this way (bait), tricking young fish and delude them with pink dreams :(

with respect ;)
Most commercial fishing is done with nets.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

with respect ;)

Most fish are net caught in huge trawl nets

How ethical is this?
trawling.jpg

However the method is rightly shunned for ethical fishing tuna where lines are used

maxresdefault.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?

with respect ;)

I feel the same way about jerking carrots out of the ground. It's more humane, IMHO, to explain to them that they could go to a loving home instead of rotting in the ground so they can make the choice.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought this thread was going to be about the overexploitation of fish worldwide and the very real possibility of population collapse for multiple aquatic species...

Reactions: j1i

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
I thought this thread was going to be about the overexploitation of fish worldwide and the very real possibility of population collapse for multiple aquatic species...

Most fish are net caught in huge trawl nets

How ethical is this?
View attachment 34895

However the method is rightly shunned for ethical fishing tuna where lines are used

View attachment 34896

Most commercial fishing is done with nets.

I feel the same way about jerking carrots out of the ground. It's more humane, IMHO, to explain to them that they could go to a loving home instead of rotting in the ground so they can make the choice.

@Revoltingest
Got any words of wisdom for the kid?;)

thanks for sharing
this is kind of you :)