• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eternal Life

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why do you think so? I have sinned. I am a non-believer, not just for the Abrahamic God but also for Dharmic Gods. Who will save me?

I believe you have a shot when Jesus comes in the clouds for all to see. That might change your view. Certainly you must know the Gospel by now.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Eternal life sounds pretty boring.
I am wondering if you would like to pick and tell us the day on which you want to die __________
I never tire of seeing the favorite people in my life; always look forward to the next time I can see them.
I never tire of my favorite foods; especially dairy, like ice cream.
I have yet to be bored with travel...........

Muffled

Jesus in me
If there is a hell, I doubt if it’s eternal. There are schools of Christian thought whereby even Satan will be redeemed if he repents.

Is there a Hindu hell? In Tibetan (?) Buddhism, I have read, hell is a temporary plane into which souls may be reborn, but they do not remain there permanently.

Besides, if there is a hell, I’d be surprised to find you there. If we are to be judged, don’t you think it will be for our actions, not our beliefs? I doubt your karma is that bad, you seem a decent sort of chap; you seem to love your family, and I bet you treat others with courtesy and kindness (probably not all the time, but who does?)

I believe God does not grade on a scale. You either want to be good and allow Jesus to do that for you or you do not.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yeah well, I'd rather be in hell with my ancestors then a bunch of beggars in heaven.
I can agree about 'being in hell with ancestors' because 'biblical hell' is just the temporary common stone-cold grave or the ' sleeping ' dead.
This is what Jesus and the Old Hebrews Scriptures teach - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Those ancestors won't 'wake up' (be resurrected) until Resurrection Day (<- that mean Jesus' Millennium-Long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years ).
This does Not mean everyone resurrected is resurrected to Heaven, but that there is also being resurrected on Earth.
In the Bible, only some people like those who are considered as saints / holy ones are resurrected to Heaven.
The majority of mankind resurrected or brought back to life on Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall. ( No one in Heaven or on Earth is a bunch of beggars )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The inhabitants of heaven mostly consists of former beggars and other "holy men" right?
Certainly Not the beggar part (unless you think of someone as 'begging ', so to speak, for spiritual things....)
The inhabitants of Heaven consists of people like the apostles of Luke 22:28-30.
People classed as 'saints or holy ones' as found at Daniel 7:18; Daniel 7:22; Daniel 7:27.
In other words, a smaller number of people resurrected to Heaven - Revelation 2:10; Revelation 20:6
The majority of people to be resurrected back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth.
Plus, those of us still alive on Earth at the soon coming time of Jesus' Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year righteous reign over Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Alex22

Certainly Not the beggar part (unless you think of someone as 'begging ', so to speak, for spiritual things....)
The inhabitants of Heaven consists of people like the apostles of Luke 22:28-30.
People classed as 'saints or holy ones' as found at Daniel 7:18; Daniel 7:22; Daniel 7:27.
In other words, a smaller number of people resurrected to Heaven - Revelation 2:10; Revelation 20:6
The majority of people to be resurrected back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth.
Plus, those of us still alive on Earth at the soon coming time of Jesus' Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year righteous reign over Earth with the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Lots of saints were beggars though.

Alex22

I am wondering if you would like to pick and tell us the day on which you want to die __________
I never tire of seeing the favorite people in my life; always look forward to the next time I can see them.
I never tire of my favorite foods; especially dairy, like ice cream.
I have yet to be bored with travel...........

I'm sure you Christian's took the concept of heaven from the Greek's idea of the Elysian Fields. Very few people get there, only the Heroes do

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm sure you Christian's took the concept of heaven from the Greek's idea of the Elysian Fields. Very few people get there, only the Heroes do
I find Jesus took the concept of heaven from heaven because according to Scripture 'pre-human heavenly Jesus' was sent to Earth by his God in heaven.
Especially when the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they did adopt some Grecian ideas.
Those mixed ideas ( Scripture mixed with non-scripture) can be traced back to ancient Babylon because mankind's religious roots can be traced back to ancient Babylon.
As the people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their non-biblical religious ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is why we see so many similar or overlapping religious ideas and practices spread world wide.
None of which makes the teaching of Jesus as wrong, but makes the teachings outside of Jesus as wrong.
Remember: besides heaven Jesus taught that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
Earth was mankind's original home. Adam was designed to live forever on Earth.
Adam was offered everlasting life on Earth as long as he kept God's Law.
So, the majority of mankind still has God's same offer of living forever on Earth.
This is why only some (like those of Luke 22:28-30) are offered heaven. Most people to be here on Earth.

Alex22

I find Jesus took the concept of heaven from heaven because according to Scripture 'pre-human heavenly Jesus' was sent to Earth by his God in heaven.
Especially when the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they did adopt some Grecian ideas.
Those mixed ideas ( Scripture mixed with non-scripture) can be traced back to ancient Babylon because mankind's religious roots can be traced back to ancient Babylon.
As the people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their non-biblical religious ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is why we see so many similar or overlapping religious ideas and practices spread world wide.
None of which makes the teaching of Jesus as wrong, but makes the teachings outside of Jesus as wrong.
Remember: besides heaven Jesus taught that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
Earth was mankind's original home. Adam was designed to live forever on Earth.
Adam was offered everlasting life on Earth as long as he kept God's Law.
So, the majority of mankind still has God's same offer of living forever on Earth.
This is why only some (like those of Luke 22:28-30) are offered heaven. Most people to be here on Earth.

Christian's took tons of ideas from Paganism and Greek philosophy ,even your god Yahweh is a Canaanite god whose priests decided they didn't like his wife Asherah and the other gods at some point. So I can't see how this is convincing.

Alex22

I find No where in the Bible that lots of saints (holy ones) were beggars.
Rather, I find people like those of Revelation 2:10 fit that category.

I'm familiar with many Orthodox Greek saint stories and Catholic ones too, many of them were beggars.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If there is a hell, I doubt if it’s eternal. There are schools of Christian thought whereby even Satan will be redeemed if he repents.
Is there a Hindu hell? In Tibetan (?) Buddhism, I have read, hell is a temporary plane into which souls may be reborn, but they do not remain there permanently..............

Like Adam, those with perfection ( human or angelic ) once they fall away do Not repent.
Adam showed No remorse, No repenting but just blamed his God, Eve blamed the serpent aka Satan.
I can agree that biblical hell is Not eternal because Revelation 20:13-14 says that hell 'gives up' the dead in hell.
Both death and biblical hell are thus cast empty into that symbolic 'lake of fire' ( second death - Revelation 21:8 ).
Dead souls (people) do Not remain permanently in biblical hell because the bible's hell is mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the 'sleeping dead' as Jesus and the OT teach - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Not reborn but according to Scripture ' resurrected ' back to live life again.
Only some resurrected to Heaven with the majority of people resurrected back to live life again on Earth.
This is why in the future Acts of the Apostles 24:15 says there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Christian's took tons of ideas from Paganism and Greek philosophy ,even your god Yahweh is a Canaanite god whose priests decided they didn't like his wife Asherah and the other gods at some point. So I can't see how this is convincing.
I find None of the ^ above ^ is found in the Bible.
So, yes ' none of the above ' is convincing.
Not convincing because it is Not a Bible teaching.
Christendom ( so-called Christian ) started right after the death of the apostles - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
In other words, both genuine 'wheat' Christians began to grow together the the fake 'weed/tares' Christians.
They grow together until the Harvest Time or the soon coming Time of Separation as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.