• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eternal Life

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't think we really know what loving God is. Is loving justice loving God? Is loving mercy loving God? My answer, my opinion, is that if we love things like this we are loving God because these are God's attributes. The same is true with all the attributes of God. Food for thought.
Thanks, I never thought of it that way. I think of love as a feeling, like human to human love.
Maybe gratefulness is also an expression if love. Much as I complain, at the end of the day I am always grateful to be a Baha'i and have the only Revelation from God that explains everything I need to know.

Maybe God will forgive me after all.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In the Bible ALL the resurrections that Jesus performed where happy-and-healthy physical resurrections.
That is not what is going to happen when our body dies, not according to Paul.

Paul says that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, and the Kingdom of God is in Heaven. When Paul says these dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever, he is referring to the spiritual world (Heaven), which will last forever. Our physical bodies will die and we will be raised (resurrected) as spiritual bodies that will be suited to go to Heaven and last forever. That is where everyone goes when they die, Heaven. There are absolutely no scriptures that say we will be resurrected in physical bodies and live forever on earth.

1 Corinthians 15:40-54 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

Read full chapter

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Thanks, I never thought of it that way. I think of love as a feeling, like human to human love.
Maybe gratefulness is also an expression if love. Much as I complain, at the end of the day I am always grateful to be a Baha'i and have the only Revelation from God that explains everything I need to know.

Maybe God will forgive me after all.
Glad I could help. Got to go to bed. Have a Baha'i feast at 10:30 eastern time. It is now 2:56 eastern time. Hope I can sleep. I've been staying up so late It might be hard to.

RestlessSoul

I don't think we really know what loving God is. Is loving justice loving God? Is loving mercy loving God? My answer, my opinion, is that if we love things like this we are loving God because these are God's attributes. The same is true with all the attributes of God. Food for thought.

Perhaps it’s simpler if we just say, God is Love?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is not what is going to happen when our body dies, not according to Paul.
Paul says that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, and the Kingdom of God is in Heaven. When Paul says these dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever, he is referring to the spiritual world (Heaven), which will last forever. Our physical bodies will die and we will be raised (resurrected) as spiritual bodies that will be suited to go to Heaven and last forever. That is where everyone goes when they die, Heaven. There are absolutely no scriptures that say we will be resurrected in physical bodies and live forever on earth.
1 Corinthians 15:40-54 New Living Translation
40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.
44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.
50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!
54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d] Read full chapter

Right ' flesh and blood...' can Not inherit the Kingdom - 1 Corinthians 15:50
According to the full chapter in verse one of chapter 15 it is directed to Christ's ' brothers ' (Matthew 25:40 )
As you posted in verse 40 there are both 'celestial and terrestrial' bodies.
Some people resurrected to Heaven like those of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; Revelation 2:10; Revelation 20:6.
The majority of people (terrestrial) to Not be part of the first or earlier resurrection of 1 Corinthians 15:20-23.
That first or earlier resurrection is for Christ's ' brothers' to heavenly life.
Acts of the Apostles 24:15 is about the later future resurrection that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection......
The saints or holy ones (those called to heaven) are Not part of the unrighteous who will be resurrected.
People Not called to govern with Christ (Revelation 5:9-10) will have a fleshly physical resurrection.
This is why we pray for God's kingdom to come (thy kingdom come) and we don't pray to be 'taken away' to the kingdom or to be 'taken up' to the kingdom, but for God's will (His purpose) to be done right here on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
In Heaven there is: No war, No crime, No pollution, No starvation, No sickness, No graveyards and No death in Heaven, so we are praying for those same good heavenly conditions to come and exist right here on Earth.
This is why we are all welcome to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come ! 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans.

Ourselves thinking talking theorising.

Humans. Just humans. Sex is life continuance. Sex continued any life. Natural atmosphere is the body separating in between any body.

Theist did not own a thesis continuance. Sex did.

First parents spiritual natural not scientists had babies owned a spiritual life.

Humans owning human first memories who humans were and should be. Spiritual and balanced.

Brother radiation theist for machine reactions takes mass from earth irradiated us as gas spirits origins in heavens was out of stone body.

We become chemically brain damaged.

Evolution cooling gases put back into space from out of stone saviours. Asteroids wandering star. Reformed our atmosphere. Assisted it.

Recorded memories atmospheric. Spiritual natural life we think is something other than our natural selves.

We were wrong we are the spiritual being life mind and body. Human.

Memory told us.

We retaught self don't idolise self as an idol above us. False preaching. False human ideals.

As that advice mentally is wrong.

So we knew. We knew our first natural human spiritual presence was gone and damaged. Said it was in genesis firstborn gone. Humans.

Reason. Humans who lived and naturally died before science practice own better recorded pre lived genetic human advice. A memory about humans.

Are spiritual as humans. More spiritual in memory than humans hurt by irradiation attack to genetics

Teach don't self idolise as human spiritual is innate not special. Told self exactly what needed to be said as a self human contradiction.

Reason no such state anti of Christ a false preaching.

CH gases had arisen cooled naturally from stone in space. Natural.

Anti is a thesis how to destroy remove.

Yet you ignore what teachings were taught before.

You realise.

You copy teachings. You re preach.

Yet still ignore self advice....don't self human idolise.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Save yourself. ;)
Brahman does not require saving. My post was a question to those who think they need saving. Aham Brahmasmi, Tat twam asi. :)

"ahaṃ nirvikalpo nirākāra rūpo, vibhutvā ca sarvatra sarvendriyāṇaṃ;
na cāsaṅgataṃ naiva muktir na meyaḥ, cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham."

I am without any attributes, and without any form. I am the energizer of all sense-bearing beings everywhere. I have no attachment either to the world, or to liberation (mukti). For I am the form of eternal bliss, I am the auspicious, I am the eternal.
Atma Shatkam - Wikipedia

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, God 'has' wisdom, God 'has' justice, God 'has' power, God 'has' mercy, but God "IS" love.
And God created us out of Love...

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.

5: O SON OF BEING! Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant.

The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.........It reads like a very typical description of the ultimate state of beatific union with God, such as one finds in mystical traditions generally amongst the world religions, at least to me (i.e. the Beatific Vision in Catholicism, fana (annihilation of the self) in Sufi Islam etc.).

Interesting to me that you say ' amongst the world religions ' because the world can trace its religious roots back to its base in ancient Babylon.
As the people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their religious-myth ideas and practices and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is why we see so many similar or overlapping religious ideas in today's world.
Whereas, what Jesus taught as recorded in 1st-century Christianity is different.
Men have taken men's traditions or customs and teach them as being Scripture although Not found in Scripture.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Brahman does not require saving. My post was a question to those who think they need saving. Aham Brahmasmi, Tat twam asi. :)

You switched identification from the self you were discussing here...
Why do you think so? I have sinned. I am a non-believer, not just for the Abrahamic God but also for Dharmic Gods. Who will save me?

Brahman does not sin. Brahman has nothing to believe. What Brahman manifests as in vyavaharika (the jiva), however, does.

This is the self (Aupmanyav, not Brahman) I was referring to when I said "Save yourself."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You switched identification from the self you were discussing here...
Brahman does not sin. Brahman has nothing to believe. What Brahman manifests as in vyavaharika (the jiva), however, does.
This is the self (Aupmanyav, not Brahman) I was referring to when I said "Save yourself."
That if you consider myself as Aupmanyav (or I consider you as Salix), then we are in error. :)
I know my true self, that is why I said I require no saving.

"na puṇyaṃ na pāpaṃ na saukhyaṃ na duhkhaṃ,
na mantro na tīrthaṃ na vedā na yajña;
ahaṃ bhojanaṃ naiva bhojyaṃ na bhoktā,
cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham."

I have neither merit (virtue), nor demerit (vice), nor have happiness or sorrow, pain or pleasure. I do not need mantras, holy places, scriptures (Vedas), rituals or sacrifices (yajñas). I am none of the triad (food, eater or eaten), I am a form of eternal bliss, I am auspicious, I am the eternal.

Atma Shatkam - Wikipedia

These six verses are enough for anyone's salvation. :)

Last edited: