• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eternal Life

graduate92

You're preaching, and this says nothing about the nature or experience of life after death, nor is it evidence based or tested. It's folklore.

It's a passage from the Bible, true, but why is the Bible any more authoritative than any other book? It's a much-edited anthology of ancient writings by various unknown authors, full of errors and contradictions.

The Quran or Gita at least seem to have a single author and little editing. Why not quote from them? For that matter, why not quote Gandalf from Lord of the Rings?
Eternal is not just about life after death. It speaks to the life that God gives those who trust in Jesus. When we receive Jesus into our lives by faith, we receive eternal life because He is eternal life. So faith in Jesus not only saves us from sin and the wrath of God due us because of our, but by believing in Jesus we are united to Him like a branch is united with a vine and the life of the vine flows into the branch - likewise the life of Jesus flows into us when we're united to Him by faith and He gives us eternal life.

Would you consider learning more about Jesus and his offer of eternal life to you personally?

syo

What are some thoughts about these two statements found in the gospel of John about Jesus being the source of eternal life :

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. John 3:36
Nice theatrical drama. John wrote quite a ghost-story. :eek::rolleyes:

That's what I think.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
What are some thoughts about these two statements found in the gospel of John about Jesus being the source of eternal life :

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. John 3:36
My thoughts are that you can't simply believe and do nothing. If you believe you will follow Jesus and keep His commandments.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Interesting, but what evidence supports it?
It's religion, Valjean. The same evidence supports it as supports any of the other world's religious beliefs about an afterlife, reincarnation, etc.

Mechanically, how would it work?
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific? What are the obstacles you see in making it unworkable?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
This is an Abrahamic view of eternal life, a continuation of the status quo.

Tech: What if "death" is just the end of the [insert name here] video game? You take off the virtual reality goggles and realize, from your new "life," that you've been living in an objectively unreal 'reality' all along?

Physics: What if reality is like a film loop, which can be lived/run endless times? What if your death merely starts you on a new loop -- maybe even the same one?

Hinduism: What if your life is really a dream, from which you can "wake up" to a new reality?

You can disprove all three philosophies instantly by running head first into a nearby wall... you won't, because you're too smart to do so! Romans 1 says, "You KNOW it's the real!"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You can disprove all three philosophies instantly by running head first into a nearby wall... you won't, because you're too smart to do so! Romans 1 says, "You KNOW it's the real!"
But if a person isn't a Christian, he's not going to give any more credence to what Romans 1 says than you, as a Christian, would give to what the Koran says. You can't just take the position that the answer is found in the Bible unless you can first prove to people that they can rely on the Bible to give them accurate information. Surely you're smart enough to realize that. I mean, if I were to say, "You can know for sure that something is true because The Book of Mormon says it is," how would you answer me?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
13 Bible verses about Tree Of Life

When humans claim I will speak about concepts, the concept is also quoted to be formula based on a human thinking applying the concept.

What the human however does not nor never did conceptualize which is part of scientific lying is owning in that formula what conditions are natural formed and own billions of diverse self presence in the same One condition of existing.

One factually is a statement you only live on O one planet in one atmosphere, and as you own no other one anywhere else...then you were meant to learn a lesson.

Everyday lying Satanists in science claim that we own eternal life as we destruction and removal from one is not real...and they also claim that we do not die.

However every day we see humans dying.

And the story says once the eternal existed.....and Eve ate from the Tree that science said do not touch....and so we own death.

A Tree in psyche awareness owns a lived life experience that is about 400 years today as an old tree...in the olden days it might have been longer.

To a psyche that tree is a longer existing presence.

The Tree of life is also oxygen regenerator.

So why lie.....and when science lies reading spiritual conceptualised thinking statements....then it makes you what you are in real life...a liar.

And that is what humanity are too afraid to challenge you about....science began with lying....for science did not exist...the one circumstance that is true to non existence.....science.

It was conceptualised.

To own a formula, you have to also own a huge symbolic concept first. What if a long time ago you did live and own the eternal as just a manifesting existence, and then it all changed in Sun conversion and you never owned it since.

When a book is said, it is a formula about God the Earth and the Heavens, and you read it....the formula always owns an end quote...and the End in the Book/formula says never do it again...to try to give God a name and then have life attacked/sacrificed and destroyed.

Everyone seems to forget that science knows today that nuclear power plants owns historically the same conditions of use UFO mass that the ancients used, for it never left Earth for life being sacrificed...and the sacrifice of life never went away.

Why they kept recordings of when plague conditions struck for a purpose against occult liars...the scientist self...who thinks it is his human right to invent machines and then have to give the MACHINE a life...with electricity.

Then tries to convince everyone that we are part bio mechanical...and we have electricity in us. We are actually partially deceased/sacrificed...for Jesus saved both the dead life and also the living life. If you read the documents correctly.

The reason we own sacrifice is that the machine took our atmospheric use away from us....science in its mentality knows that reason itself...they changed radiation mass...and increased radiation mass is not any eternal body is it liar.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's religion, Valjean. The same evidence supports it as supports any of the other world's religious beliefs about an afterlife, reincarnation, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific? What are the obstacles you see in making it unworkable?
It's a nice story, but it's folklore; no known, scientifically valid mechanism would account for this.

The alternatives I proposed in post #2, on the other hand, are different. They're not just stories. The first has been the subject of serious scientific debate, as a physically possible explanation for certain quantum mechanical observations.
Are We Living in a Computer Simulation?

The second adds relativistic time to the mix. Past, present and future being a perceptual illusion, and, in reality, existing simultaneously, in a great cosmic now. The Past, The Present, The Future | SmartMinds

The third is experientially derived, and is consistent with #2. Unrelated mystics, madmen and shamans have been describing direct experiences of this, all over the world, for millennia.
Scholarly approaches to mysticism - Wikipedia

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That doesn't 'disprove' anything. And I do know it's real -- subjectively, in waking state.

I know it's what my senses are reporting, but I also know, intellectually, that my perceptions are largely abstract illusions; that the "reality" I perceive is generated in my brain and incongruous with modern physical descriptions of reality, ie: Real Reality.

I and the wall are objectively unreal, but my consciousness is currently so firmly embedded in this 3rd state "reality" that I perceive no other. If I ran into the perceived wall I'd perceive (subjective) pain.

Last edited:

Nova2216

We read of the sacrifice for sin made for mankind in (Jn 3:16).

We also read of mans response to that Sacrifice.

There are two parts to the gospel.

#1. Gods part (1Cor. 15:1-4)

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

#2. Mans part (1Jn 2:3-6) (Mark 16:15,16)

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

It's interesting to note that "belief" can be used as a synecdoche (one word which stands for the whole of something). In such a case "belief" stands for the whole plan of salvation.

We can know and understand the will of God (Jn 7:17) (Jn 8:31,32) (Eph. 5:17).

So what is the gospel which saves?

* Believe truth (Jn 8:24) (Rom.10:17) (Jn 17:17)
* Confess Jesus is the Son of God (Rom.10:9,10)
* Repent of sins (Luke 13:3)
* Be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38,47) (Acts 22:16) (1Peter 3:21) (Gal.3:27) (Rom.6:3,4) (1Peter 1:22,23)
* Be faithful to the Lords will (1Cor.15:58) (Acts 2:42)

Though the words "belief" and "obey" in (Jn 3:36) may seem like a contradiction, it will help to know that a synecdoche and an understanding of it's use will clear up the matter. The word "belief" can be translated as "obey".

A Reply to a Denominational Preacher

There are a number of words in the New Testament which belong to the same family and are translated faith or belief. It would help tremendously in the understanding of the subject to examine and define these words and observe how they are used in these passages of the word of God. The root word for faith is peitho, and it means "to persuade, or to be persuaded; to confide in, trust." This word is used 55 times in the New Testament. Here are some of the uses: (1) Trust. "He trusted in God" (Matthew 27:43). This is our word for faith. (2) Persuade. "... and am persuaded of the Lord Jesus" (Romans 14:14). (3)Confidence. "We have confidence in the Lord" (II Thessalonians 3:4). (4) Obey. Some seven times this word is translated obey. "As many as obeyed him ..." (Acts 5:36). "Obey them that have the rule over you" (Hebrews 13:17). "That they should not obey the truth" (Galatians 3:1; Romans 2:8; Galatians 5:7; Acts 5:37; James 3:3).

The word obey in these passages is from peitho, the root word for faith. "As many as obeyed him ... as many as were convinced and persuaded by him." The word pistis is a cognate (that is, related by birth; belonging to the same family of words) of peitho, used 244 times in the New Testament, and following is the definition of this word faith by the standard, reputable scholars of the New Testament language.

Thanks

Last edited:

74x12

I endured a crown of thorns irradiation brain prickling event and saw severed human male heads of multi ages manifest and disappear a long with multi male spirit forms and also alien imagery and Michael Jackson/Elvis. Which allowed me to conclude rationally as I was being irradiated humans were dying sacrificed from early age death.

And human owned DNA was being irradiated destroyed. In that reasoning of seeing burning wispy brown smoking and black smoke appear to cooling to see all the returned dead information advice...what had been removed...seeing those images are then communicated to the cloud vision...why I saw them disappear.

Stating oh, another Jesus type of life sacrificed on the ground attack, yet not Jesus for I did not bleed. But as we are human and OWN the life body attacked, then radiation OWNS attacking us. Without a thesis or theory of relativity why.

It us just what radiation fall out does...it attacks.

Reason…...life is supported first by O stone the planet sealed. The stone body created the heavenly gases. We live first natural before we theory for science and machine reactions. Machines totally artificial to any scientific reasoning.

Therefore life then gets artificially early age death sacrificed.

As the atmospheric body is first natural the theist theories not for a naturally presence atmosphere first....what they keep ignoring in scientific determination of reckoning....the atmosphere and body mass was natural first, or else you would not exist as a human or consciousness.

So when you claim relativity to early age human death and sacrifice to being relative to a scientific theory is about as ignorant as you all are and ever have been.

The reasoning for why life still exists today..ICE melted and put evaporated water mass back into the atmosphere instead of it being held frozen on the ground or in the water.

Jesus new born baby human theme said life was returning to a stable state and new born human DNA given back by ICE remassing cooling every year...why it was a known atmospheric HOLY ACT.

Science in relativity totally ignores the presence of ICE in their theories reactions, when ICE in natural order owns its placement in natural order for GOD.

Your science is not about maintaining the natural order in God.

Such as stone and its minerals today only exist due to water flooded mass of Earth sealing it.

Science puts water into what it tables as relative to science NOT GOD.

The exact same reasoning for the presence of ICE...you do not table ICE do you scientist!
God bless you sister :yellowheart:

Riders

Week I would have to believe the whole bible is true. But sense I believe some of this stuff is Jesus mythology made up by people trying to teach Paganism to Jewish folks no I don't believe it's true.

On the other hand I do believe it's true but from a different perspective then you. The scripture is really referring to the inner Godself and that Jesus taught a belief in his inner Godself. The belief in out inner God will keep us live and born again on a spiritual basis, not a literal physical hell.

It's about being free in the here and now not after were dead.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We read of the sacrifice for sin made for mankind in (Jn 3:16).

We also read of mans response to that Sacrifice.

There are two parts to the gospel.

#1. Gods part (1Cor. 15:1-4)

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

#2. Mans part (1Jn 2:3-6) (Mark 16:15,16)

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

It's interesting to note that "belief" can be used as a synecdoche (one word which stands for the whole of something). In such a case "belief" stands for the whole plan of salvation.

We can know and understand the will of God (Jn 7:17) (Jn 8:31,32) (Eph. 5:17).

So what is the gospel which saves?

* Believe truth (Jn 8:24) (Rom.10:17) (Jn 17:17)
* Confess Jesus is the Son of God (Rom.10:9,10)
* Repent of sins (Luke 13:3)
* Be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38,47) (Acts 22:16) (1Peter 3:21) (Gal.3:27) (Rom.6:3,4) (1Peter 1:22,23)
* Be faithful to the Lords will (1Cor.15:58) (Acts 2:42)

Though the words "belief" and "obey" in (Jn 3:36) may seem like a contradiction, it will help to know that a synecdoche and an understanding of it's use will clear up the matter. The word "belief" can be translated as "obey".

A Reply to a Denominational Preacher

There are a number of words in the New Testament which belong to the same family and are translated faith or belief. It would help tremendously in the understanding of the subject to examine and define these words and observe how they are used in these passages of the word of God. The root word for faith is peitho, and it means "to persuade, or to be persuaded; to confide in, trust." This word is used 55 times in the New Testament. Here are some of the uses: (1) Trust. "He trusted in God" (Matthew 27:43). This is our word for faith. (2) Persuade. "... and am persuaded of the Lord Jesus" (Romans 14:14). (3)Confidence. "We have confidence in the Lord" (II Thessalonians 3:4). (4) Obey. Some seven times this word is translated obey. "As many as obeyed him ..." (Acts 5:36). "Obey them that have the rule over you" (Hebrews 13:17). "That they should not obey the truth" (Galatians 3:1; Romans 2:8; Galatians 5:7; Acts 5:37; James 3:3).

The word obey in these passages is from peitho, the root word for faith. "As many as obeyed him ... as many as were convinced and persuaded by him." The word pistis is a cognate (that is, related by birth; belonging to the same family of words) of peitho, used 244 times in the New Testament, and following is the definition of this word faith by the standard, reputable scholars of the New Testament language.
Why do you keep quoting the Bible, Nova? It's not evidence for the existence, nature or desires of God or Jesus. It's only evidence of what is claimed by the authors (and later editors).

Anyone can write a treatise claiming anything. It's existence, publication history or popularity have no bearing on its truth or reliability.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Reading information is no different from reading ANY information, for it is the human who reads and interprets what is read, by who wrote it, that matters....as a purpose of sharing information, relative to a topic.

So if a scientist says there is a beginning and an end...for a human, our adult self says our beginning was human sex....sperm and an ovary.

But a scientist would claim the human beginning is a human....a whole human and then describe the relativity of self presence to say a human is the human beginning as a human...the end of a human is relative to the human being present.

The destruction of a human is their death.

So if a human was sacrificed then they were given early age death.

Is a human owning early age death alive, to be claimant, I was given early age death.

To be saved in their death as well as their life for a scientist to say, I gave them life sacrifice, early age death....they own life, die early and I caused it, as a relative statement?

A human being eternal in human theme, is that they own no beginning anywhere else, they own no end anywhere else...for each end is quoted to be presence...for if it was not ended it would still be being formed. We own form so hence in life we are in eternal being.

When we die the eternal being was sacrificed with their death. Spiritual humans however claim a NON SCIENCE or BIBLE quote as a natural self...when my human part of the eternal being dies...I still own one higher self, as a spirit in the real eternal body. The place where all creation was originally released from.

Seeing our natural life is natural, and seeing we do not make science quotes as a natural self against our selves.

Science however is that contradiction.

Nova2216

Why do you keep quoting the Bible, Nova? It's not evidence for the existence, nature or desires of God or Jesus. It's only evidence of what is claimed by the authors (and later editors).

Anyone can write a treatise claiming anything. It's existence, publication history or popularity have no bearing on its truth or reliability.

It's truth and truth sanctifies... (Jn 17:17)

The Lord is the author... (Heb.5:9)

some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not (Acts 28:24)

Thanks

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Believing is defined by being persuaded in such a way that you are moved to faith and the action of obedience based upon Jesus being Lord and Savior, having died for our sins. Does that clarify it?
well.....no

the definition I know is a bit more broad

an idea held as true.....though it cannot be held be evidence or testimony affirmed

like the Carpenter walking on water

if ever I saw a Man walk on water.....I would not let Him out of my sight

and I would dread the next occasion of sleep....the He might not be there when I wake up

but so far removed from that event....I cannot affirm it happened
so, I hold the idea as a serious possibility

after all....I do not believe that nodding my head to claim a following
is not the line drawn when approaching heaven

I have no doubt.....I do believe.....
God and heaven will ask....WHAT do you believe?
my response will make all the difference

the next question will sound like.....
WHO told you that?
WHY did you believe it?

they will deal with me according to my manner of belief
and then go looking for the guy that convinced me

swords drawn

cataway

its just odd that there are people that dont want eternal life

rational experiences

Veteran Member
its just odd that there are people that dont want eternal life
Eternal life for humans being.

Says, a human has no stated beginning.
Says, a human has no stated end, by determined science, a calculation for a beginning and end formula...to say and I know God as a human being.

Why it was taught in the philosophical argument that could not be argued against...as relative higher spiritual wisdom teaching.

A human owning no beginning is just considered as self manifest in full and complete presence without argument....for there is no real argument against that statement.

A human being living to exist and be a human is owner of an END...end in all presence means that it is complete/finished and owns presence...what end means in real existence.

When science imposes an END they impose how to destroy and force change natural...being a very different thinking situation.

Medical biological philosophy therefore had to implement a teaching that deposed the form ULA theme in occult practices...converting by UFO mass metals.

So the human being was eternal by that fact stating owned no beginning and owned no end. Were self present in that human condition as eternal living...complete and natural and whole and formed...without beginning and without end.

Which is the term ETERNAL. And that statement was about science giving us a stated destroyed END. Which was life sacrificed, held sacrificed and given early age death, which is destruction of life.

For we own self presence in the formed/END of self presence...and when we die we then deteriorate in death. Hence death was not our END until it occurred.

Science tried to force our death/end as the sacrifice.

How philosophy in medical terms argued against and were lawfully proven to be correct against occult nuclear scientists.....who owned in the past the reference of being a Satanist, not a scientist...who changed all use of his values to re practice nuclear occult science in secrecy.

I do not see it as necessary to believe in Prophets to gain eternal life.

The second paragraph just strikes me as polemical.

Technically this is true as the Prophets are sent to guide. They are manifestations of the Infinite God but at the same time, salvation itself is very directly not connected to them as salvation is an internal process of transformation (something that profoundly amazed me from studying the Qur'an).

I think it also relates with Jesus' statement of:
"nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst." (Luke 17:21)
Because it is something pursued within and around us, it's not something handed out. There is a kind of paradox here though because religion is everywhere but very few people commit themselves to the internal work. It's complicated ;)