• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ET is enemy of Eastern Orthodox Church Creed

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Atheism leads to Solipsism. Thus, it is wrong and not scientific. Proven things are Science, thus atheism is not scientific.
Fundamentalist Christianity leads to anti-Christ thought and behavior. Thus it is wrong and not religion. This proves that Fundamentalist Christianity is not really Christian. QED

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Because the aliens in other universes, in other dimensions, at other stars, do not take part in the life of the Church, there are several Churches. We came to contradiction, thus, there are no aliens and no other universes no other dimensions, no other life at other stars.

They found the one guy who's willing to claim there is no alien life in the universe based on what's in the Bible. I wonder how many interviews they had to go through to find him. :rolleyes:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Fundamentalist Christianity leads to anti-Christ thought and behavior. Thus it is wrong and not religion. This proves that Fundamentalist Christianity is not really Christian. QED
I would say that a fundamentalist can indeed live as a Christian, and also the biblical canon teaches us not to view ourselves as wise and therefore ends fundamentalism for those who like myself begin with fundamentalist discipline. This is not the case for some religions whose texts urge them to be fundamentalists, to see themselves as wiser than others and/or than outsiders. A fundamentalist Christian is in a slightly more advantageous position I think than a fundamentalist in another religion, because they have an escape key to leave their imprisoned state if only they can find it. That is a brickjective opinion.

questfortruth

If Aliens exist what is the chance they are aware of the same God/s that Human beings are following? If Aliens has any belief it may be that they believe something totally different then human beings do
If they are right, then we are wrong. Then this is not possible: it is against the creed. We came to contradiction, thus ET is enemy of the Creed.

questfortruth

Actually no, science is neutral through Methodological Naturalism cannot falsify any theory nor hypothesis beyond the nature of our physical existence.
After the Second Comming the Popper's scientific criterion "science is refutable and can be demonstrated to be false" will be corrected following way: "science is confirmable"

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
After the Second Comming the Popper's scientific criterion "science is refutable and can be demonstrated to be false" will be corrected following way: "science is confirmable"

This does makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

By the way, ET could care less.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually no, science is neutral through Methodological Naturalism cannot falsify any theory nor hypothesis beyond the nature of our physical existence.
Technically I should have qualified the atheism as "soft" atheism. In the sciences one acts as if god does not exist. One does not claim that he does not exist.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Atheism leads to Solipsism.

The solipsist is said to be the ultimate skeptic. I suppose there are worst ways to end up. :cool:

Thus, it is wrong and not scientific. Proven things are Science, thus atheism is not scientific.

Who was claiming atheism is scientific? Atheism is a choice to not invest belief into any God. For me, not having a good enough reason to believe in any particular God. So while you can say it's wrong for you it is not wrong for me.

Science only validates what is claimed. The only claim atheism makes is that someone lacks a belief in any God. Atheism is atheism by definition not through scientific validation. The definition being what it is, it is not anything under dispute.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Theories and explanations are very important in science. Theories in science can never be proved since one can never be 100% certain that a new empirical finding inconsistent with the theory will never be found.

Scientific theories must be potentially disconfirmable. If a theory can accommodate all possible results then it is not a scientific theory.
Scientific Method

So if it is confirmable, it is not science.

For example, I'm an atheist. Do I have any belief I accept about God being real, no. Atheism confirmed. No scientific theory about atheism is needed since it is easily confirmed.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So circular it bites you in the butt.
Not really. It is not an argument for atheism, merely an observation on how science is done. We keep hearing of "godless evolution" but all of the sciences are "godless" in that way.

So what is the ruling on your grammatical error? Purposeful, in which case it was a very odd joke, or not?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Because the aliens in other universes, in other dimensions, at other stars, do not take part in the life of the Church, there are several Churches. We came to contradiction, thus, there are no aliens and no other universes no other dimensions, no other life at other stars.

Well, the aliens might have different beliefs.

Or maybe some advanced aliens visited Earth once upon a time, and the people believed they were "gods" and built up a whole religion around it.