• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Espiritista (vs. vodou or santeria), first post

What's your religion?

• Total voters
Hi!

I just signed up to talk with people about religion. I get really tired of the antichristian/evangelizing conversation that usually starts en vivo.

My religion is basically catholic spiritism. (I really don't see the point in worshipping any being at all if it doesn't respond.) I have no inhibitions regarding "cursing" people but ultimately my religion is just nature worship based on my understanding of hellenismos, hinduism and rastafari.

I'd love to chat with anyone who has similar religion, or who is a pagan or satanist.

-Stella

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hi!

I just signed up to talk with people about religion. I get really tired of the antichristian/evangelizing conversation that usually starts en vivo.

My religion is basically catholic spiritism. (I really don't see the point in worshipping any being at all if it doesn't respond.) I have no inhibitions regarding "cursing" people but ultimately my religion is just nature worship based on my understanding of hellenismos, hinduism and rastafari.

I'd love to chat with anyone who has similar religion, or who is a pagan or satanist.

-Stella

Welcome. Interesting combination there. If debates your think you might be thrown off a bit by some people but its all in good nature. We have other forums that you may be interested in like the Discuss Individual Religions (DIRs) like syncretic beliefs, paganism, and the such. You can go to your "Personal Details" under your username and at the bottom chose one or two forums that matches your style.

Anyway, I'm a Universalist Unitarian

Welcome

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Hi!

-Stella
Welcome to RF!I am a Quaker with Christian beliefs..Some consider me christian some do not because of my unusual beliefs...

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I've always hated having to explain that catholicism is christian.
It's not that I'm a Quaker that confuses them(not all Quakers are christian)It's that my veiws are not typical of Christians and sometimes I even wonder if you could still consider me christian...Then again I feel it depends on how loosely you define Christianity...That's why I put Quaker with Christian beliefs...I'm definitely a Quaker but whether I'm a Christian is complicated(I identify as one through).

GoodbyeDave

My religion is basically catholic spiritism. (I really don't see the point in worshipping any being at all if it doesn't respond.)
Naturally I agree with you!

I'm interested that you identify Espiritismo as "Catholic". Nowadays, I get the impression that practitioners of religion like Santeria and Vodou are identifying more with the African roots and less with Christianity. What's your feeling on that?