• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Escape From Lindholm OR Denmark Takes a Stand-Good

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There are numerous reports and different perspectives but I went with NPR's narrative, basically Denmark is wanting to ship undesirable immigrants and foreign criminals who have committed crimes in Denmark to the island of Lindholm (a Danish Australia?) I am not completely aware of Denmark's immigration policies but it would seem to me that an immigrant hopeful that served prison time in the country that the government felt they had to keep an eye on should be deported no questions asked.

Do you think this is a reasonable step and what issues do you see arising in the future from this?
Denmark's Latest Stand Against 'Undesirable' Migrants: Ship Them To An Island : NPR

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There are numerous reports and different perspectives but I went with NPR's narrative, basically Denmark is wanting to ship undesirable immigrants and foreign criminals who have committed crimes in Denmark to the island of Lindholm (a Danish Australia?) I am not completely aware of Denmark's immigration policies but it would seem to me that an immigrant hopeful that served prison time in the country that the government felt they had to keep an eye on should be deported no questions asked.

Do you think this is a reasonable step and what issues do you see arising in the future from this?
Denmark's Latest Stand Against 'Undesirable' Migrants: Ship Them To An Island : NPR

May first spoke about creating a hostile environment in 2012 when challenged on why annual net immigration, then running at about 250,000, was not reaching the promised tens of thousands. Her response: “The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants”. The broad objective is and was to make life as difficult as possible for any irregular migrant – or any migrant the Home Office judged as potentially illegal in lieu of the correct documentation. They would be “encouraged” to leave voluntarily.

Hostile environment: the UK government's draconian immigration policy explained