• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erykah Badu's strip in Dallas

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Having watched the video from Erykah Badu's song 'Window Seat' where she strips while walking down the same avenue JFK was shot, with grainy '60's like video and a violent shot at the end that results in her 'evolving' into a better person, I wanted to know what others thought of it.

I personally thought it was powerful and daring. And rather than evoking an exhibitionist attitude, I felt that it showed a vulnerability on Erukah's part.

Not to mention that the song itself has a powerful yet vulnerable message.

ERYKAH BADU OFFICIAL SITE (Note, blurred out nudity for the faint of heart.)

What did you think?

MSizer

MSizer
I watched it. I found it somewhat enlightened (the end I mean). I don't know what the stripping was supposed to symbolize, but I liked it anyway. I didn't find the commentary at the end all that revolutionary, but hey, if it gets a few kids thinking about something other than materialistic things, great.