• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

errors in the New Testament

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
About ducks and platypuses? Yeah, virtually nothing. I think one of them has feathers? And one of them looks sort of like Earnest Borgnine? They both walk like ducks, though, that's why I asked. Of course, a kcud si gniog ot tca ekil a duck isn't it.

Sure. Why not.

Seems to be about most things. Imo, the only things you seem to excel at are self aggrandisement, ego massaging and making nasty things up about atheists

Edit, and as sarcasm, your spelling sucks

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps instead of trying to defend the indefensible, the claim that there are no errors in the New Testament, perhaps the Christians should try to claim that there are no substantive errors in the New Testament. I would still disagree with that, but one could at least honestly debate that that was the case.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Oh, I don't know about that.

Now, that I will agree with, but I always use spell check so I don't know how you would know.

You dont? You surprise me, its obvious to everyone else.

I quote "a kcud si gniog ot tca ekil a duck isn't it." . Seems your spell check needs a service.

Earthling

David Henson
Perhaps instead of trying to defend the indefensible, the claim that there are no errors in the New Testament, perhaps the Christians should try to claim that there are no substantive errors in the New Testament. I would still disagree with that, but one could at least honestly debate that that was the case.

Well, if you noticed, while our heated exchange regarding the sauntering habits of the Anas platyrhynchos took place, I posted a considerable amount of verbiage addressing the substantive errors in the so called New Testament.

Earthling

David Henson
You dont? You surprise me, its obvious to everyone else.

I quote "a kcud si gniog ot tca ekil a duck isn't it." . Seems your spell check needs a service.

Oh, that's just an inside joke. It's backwards. You have to use a mirror to see it. It's fun. Like the back of a cereal box.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, if you noticed, while our heated exchange regarding the sauntering habits of the Anas platyrhynchos took place, I posted a considerable amount of verbiage addressing the substantive errors in the so called New Testament.

I saw you attempt to deal with some minor ones. For example you still failed with the nativity of Luke. Even allowing your attempt to change the death of Herod could not to 1 BCE it still fails since the Census of Quirinius occurred at least six years after that. But the nativity is not a substantial part of the Bible. I was talking more about the bad morals of the New Testament. And even though you do not like the term the vast majority of Christians accept it.

Earthling

David Henson
I saw you attempt to deal with some minor ones. For example you still failed with the nativity of Luke.

That's a work in progress. I'm waiting to hear from the poster. I don't think I quite understood his approach.

Even allowing your attempt to change the death of Herod could not to 1 BCE it still fails since the Census of Quirinius occurred at least six years after that. But the nativity is not a substantial part of the Bible. I was talking more about the bad morals of the New Testament. And even though you do not like the term the vast majority of Christians accept it.

I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention . . . because?

Earthling

David Henson
So you don't understand how you failed. Turn down the snark and I will explain.

Sorry, the snark is reserved especially for you and those of similar habits. As for your explanation you can offer it and if I find it interesting I may respond, but I can't guarantee that I can overcome the aforementioned snark and would waste my time. Because you . . .

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry, the snark is reserved especially for you and those of similar habits. As for your explanation you can offer it and if I find it interesting I may respond, but I can't guarantee that I can overcome the aforementioned snark and would waste my time. Because you . . .
That is too bad. You doom yourself to wallowing in your own self imposed ignorance with this attitude.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
(FWIW - trying to follow a thread when probably 60% of the contributors are an one's ignore-list is more than a little daunting. :D)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
(FWIW - trying to follow a thread when probably 60% of the contributors are an one's ignore-list is more than a little daunting. :D)
I only wish that Bible literalists could reason properly. Ironically they break the Commandment on false idols by making one of the Bible. Extreme mental gymnastics are necessary to defend a book that repeatedly contradicts itself. It is much easier to defend it one only works on the underlying principles.