1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Errors And Contradictions In Bible

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Ron68, Jun 4, 2005.

1. michel

michel Administrator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,655
    "Scientists" love to invent things, Ron; and they love to put the cart before the horse and call it rear-engine manufacturing. Like they did the Renault. We get what we deserve when we pick Darwin over Deity, Jung over Jesus, Freud over the Father, Biology over the Bible, etc.

2. michel

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,655
    Only in a laboratory.

Yes

Give Satan some credit, Ron.

3. michel

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,655
    You've lost me on this one. Are you advocating a 7-day work week? Or are you saying God had no right to "rest" on the 7th day and we do, or what? And why is that a "typical line of Jewish thinking"? The Jews are 10 times more industrious than anyone around. They can turn deserts in forests, landfills into tourist attractions, jungles into paradises. In EVERY country they've gone to, they've elevated that country's GNP and made that country a viable place to stay. Why is America so great today? Because the Abrahamic Covenant is still in effect (Genesis 12:1-3). The Jews are more than welcome here, in my book.

4. michel

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,655
    Who's "we" in your quote? After all, "scientists" invented Play-Doh, Gumby, and Etch-a-Sketch. So I guess they can invent a million-year 24-hour period, too.

5. Mujahid Mohammed

Mujahid Mohammed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Muslim
    I believe you mean my dear respected sister the Torah which are the books given to Moses. Muslims believe in the Torah(books given to Moses) Zaboor( books given to David) Injeel( gospel of Jesus) and the Qur'an( final revalation of God to man) but we say they do not have these in there original forms. Do the Jews have the Torah no I believe and please one of my Jewish bretheren correct me if I am wrong the Talmud. The Bible which is supposed to contain the Books of David and Jesus are not in their original state. Allah says man changed the word of God for thier own worldly gain so he sent the last Message ie. the Qur'an to clear up the errors put in by the authors whoever they may be because the scholars of Christianity as I am told are unsure as to the author but it is believed to be so and so. That is why as the brother earlier has stated there are so many contradictions causing confusion as to what is allowed and what is not. This happened this way or it happened this way. He said this and He said that not agreeing with each other. There are many books that delve into this arena but your Christian bretheren. Let me know if you have any questions.

6. glasgowchick

glasgowchick Gives Glory to God !!!

Ratings:
    +78
    Hi Scott, you sure do like changing your atvar, I like that one :)

7. Malus 12:9

Malus 12:9 Temporarily Deactive.

Ratings:
    +99
    I have a question, do you have any evidence for this apart from telling us "what Allah said?"

8. TashaN

TashaN Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Religion:
    Islam
    hi dear Malus,

I'll start my post with Allah and his words to jews and christians ...

, "They (i.e. Jews and Christians) changed words from their contexts and forgot a good part of the message given to them, and you will continue to find them -except a few among them- bent on new deceits…"
    (al-Ma'idah: 13)

"Distorting Divine Revelation and Allah's Sacred Books. Allah says in this regard: 'Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands and say, 'This is from Allah,' that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for what their hands have written, and woe unto them for what they earn thereby.' (Al-Baqara: 79)

'The Jews say: Allah's hand is fettered. [But it is] their hands that are fettered and they are accursed for saying [Allah's hands are fettered]. Nay, but both His hands are spread out wide in bounty. He bestoweth as He will' (Al-Ma'idah: 64)

In another verse, Almighty Allah says: 'Verily, Allah heard the words of those who said, (when asked for contributions to the war): 'Allah, forsooth, is poor, and we are rich! We shall record their words with their wrongful slaying of the Prophets and we shall say: Taste ye the punishment of burning!' (Al-'Imran: 181)

"They love to listen to lies. Concerning this Allah says: 'And of the Jews: listeners for the sake of falsehood, listeners on behalf of other folk.'
    (Al-Ma'idah: 41)

: '… [They] distort the Scripture with their tongues, that ye may think that what they say is from the Scripture, when it is not from the Scripture.' (Al-'Imran: 78)

"Rebelling against the Prophets and rejecting their guidance. This is clear in the verse: 'And when ye said: O Moses! We will not believe in thee till we see Allah plainly.' (Al-Baqarah: 55)

'And when they fall in with those who believe, they say: We believe; but when they go apart to their devils they declare: Lo! we are with you; verily we did but mock.' (Al-Baqarah: 14)

In another verse, we read: 'Enjoin ye righteousness upon mankind while ye yourselves forget (to practice it)? And ye are readers of the Scripture! Have ye then no sense?' (Al-Baqarah: 44)

"They are known for their arrogance and haughtiness. They claim to be the sons and of Allah and His beloved ones. Allah tells us about this in the verse that reads: 'The Jews and Christians say: We are sons of Allah and His loved ones.' (Al-Ma'idah: 18)

'Some of those who are Jews change words from their context and say: We hear and disobey; hear thou as one who heareth not, and Listen to us!, distorting with their tongues and slandering religion. If they had said: We hear and we obey; hear thou, and look at us, it had been better for them, and more upright. But Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save for a few.' (An-Nisa':46)

"They are merciless and heartless. In this meaning, the Qur'anic verse explains: 'Then, even after that, your hearts were hardened and became as rocks, or worse than rocks, for hardness.' (Al-Baqarah: 74)

and i'll end my post with the solution from almighty God.

, "O People of the Book, now has come to you Our Messenger, clarifying to you much of that you used to conceal of the Book and passing over much (that is now unnecessary)." (al-Ma'idah 5:15)

Peace ... :)

9. Malus 12:9

Ratings:
    +99
    :sarcastic

Forget I asked...

10. Jayhawker Soule

Jayhawker Soule <yawn> ignore </yawn>
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,323
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Note the stream of theocratically institutionalized antisemitic garbage. Now note the closing word, and consider the culture that spawns such pervasive hypocrisy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TashaN

TashaN Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,246
    Religion:
    Islam
    garbage? :confused:

hypocrasy? :eek:

12. JerryL

JerryL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +311
    Instead of a score of errors, I'll just ask about one error (note: this question is only useful to those who think the Bible is inerrant).

When Joab reported a census of the millitary to David, how many men did Joab claim there were?

13. Malus 12:9

Ratings:
    +99
    Are you saying otherwise than in Israel there were 800.000, and in Judah 500,000.

14. JerryL

JerryL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +311
    So you think that 1Chr 21:5 is wrong when it says that Joab reported 1,100,000 (including 470,000 in Judah)?

There you go, an error in the Bible. 1Chr 21:5.

15. Malus 12:9

Ratings:
    +99
    Yep. Just me.

16. Uncertaindrummer

Uncertaindrummer Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Says who? The Bible never says one 24 hour period.

either way, people who look for errors in the Bible will find them. You always get what you want. Remidns me of a quote "The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right". Well the man who looks for truth and the man who looks for errors both find them. It is jsut a question of whteher or not your looking to see what it says or looking to find something in it.

17. JerryL

JerryL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +311
    So, in the truthful Bible, how many men did Joab report to David?

18. Radar

Radar Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    All the books of the Abrahamic beleif's have contradictions and errors. Before any starts to try and debate me, let me point you to a couple of websites. Please read them all and explain all those contradictions away and then we can debate rationally.
    http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html
    http://www.greenwych.ca/bible-a.htm
    http://answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/
    http://www.carm.org/islam/Koran_contradictions.htm
    http://www.lwbc.co.uk/koran.htm
    http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/koran.html
    http://www.secularislam.org/guide/mirza.htm

Again go to the links read the contradictions try to explain them or tell which is true and then we can debate. Have fun reading you may learn something.... But I doubt it, because most of you are religious zealots.

19. Jayhawker Soule

Jayhawker Soule <yawn> ignore </yawn>
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,323
    Religion:
    Judaism
    What a rude little man ... :rolleyes:

20. Radar

Radar Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Ok.... I was not trying to be rude. I guess it is just how you take it.