• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ernesto Guevara

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
To some an eternal symbol of revolution, others have different opinions. Here in America people have mixed feelings concerning a man that our government saw as a threat during the Cold War.

To some he's just an image on a Tshirt.

What does the rest of the world think of Che ?

2nb4nqb.jpg

nnmartin

I read some books about him - he seems to have had the right ideas but reality caught up with him in the end I think.

I doubt the Bolivian Indians really had the desire or education to take on board Marxism.

nnmartin

of course, with Che , he was young and good looking so that has given him his mysterious lovable rogue aura.

Most other Red leaders have been much older, though apparently Fidel was a major ladies' man.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I think he understood Marxism and the power paradigm, which is ultimately probably why he meant his end at the hands of adversaries.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
He was a horrible minister in Cuba. But of course a perfect icon.

Che's place was on the battlefield where he proved to be both fearless and effective. He seemed none too fond of capitalistic people and treat with them accordinly.

The Congo operation was a failure while Bolivia proved to be a fatal mistake. Guevara would of did good to know what time called to raise a weapon and when to lift his voice.

I'm curious of, if any, involvement on Castro's part regarding Guevara's demise, especially after Che trounced Russia's interests in and support of Cuba.

nnmartin

do you mean perhaps some secret communications between Fidel and the Bolivians towards the end?

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Fidel was quite satisfied with the change in Cuba and did not want any more heat for being associated with Che and his ambitions.

nnmartin

so perhaps he wanted Che to not come back from Bolivia,

but do you think Fidel would really have conspired against him?

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
so perhaps he wanted Che to not come back from Bolivia,

but do you think Fidel would really have conspired against him?

Along with his resigned position in government, didn't Che give up his citizenship as well ?

Being only a boy at that time and knowing neither of the two, I do not know if Fidel conspired against Che, but have heard a few theroies.

To me,Bolivia seems to of been his pipe dream or perhaps a coup to count. The Bolivians already had their own revolution and were probably in no spirit to endure another. Nothing like Cuba where Bastista was the symbol of a foreign, English speaking power that exploited both Cuban people and resources.

That's not to say America did not have it's hands in the affairs of Bolivia and other South American countries

Last edited: