• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Dragonsong

SpentaMaynu

One God, All in all
One of my friends is exploring the Wiccan path and is crazy about Erin Dragonsong. I've read some of her stuff on the net and find it interesting. Would just like to know what is the general idea about her -

Is she well known in Wiccan circles?
Is she respected and trustworthy?

Blessed be

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Never heard of them.

Then again, I also haven't been following the Wiccan literature and culture for quite some time now, so I'm not going to now who the latest pop authors are.

How well-known, respected, and trusted something is will inevitably depend on what sector of Wicca one is looking at. BTW's are not really going to care about the latest trendy Wiccan writer, and may not even recognize them as "really" Wiccan. American-style traditions (which are often syncretic and eclectic) are going to have about 10 opinions for every 5 people you ask.

Better questions to ask is "why does it matter how well-known someone is?" as well as "what does it mean to be respected and does that matter?" and "what does it mean to be trustworthy and why does that matter?"

FredNotBob

One of my friends is exploring the Wiccan path and is crazy about Erin Dragonsong. I've read some of her stuff on the net and find it interesting. Would just like to know what is the general idea about her -

Is she well known in Wiccan circles?
Is she respected and trustworthy?

Blessed be

Wow...she is just soaking in New Age-y jargon. 'Once you are free of the limited brain-mind'? I think I'd need illegal substances for that...

She says, 'Astonishingly, it appears that the building blocks that make up atoms are not really particles at all. They are nothing more than energy, organized as information!' Well...congratulations, Erin. You have a basic understanding of quantum physics. Not sure what, precisely, you're talking about, but.....props to you!

And this: 'a new Wicca has evolved - one of a higher energy calibration.' ....Huh? Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow? What?

I try very hard to keep an open mind, but in this case, I'm heading in the opposite direction. Erin's teachings have very little to do with any form of Wicca I've ever encountered. That's not to say she's wrong, but there are certainly better teachers (and much more coherent ones) out there.