• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Equal Protection Clause - the mail-in ballot problem in Michigan

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Equal Protection Clause - Wikipedia

This is what the problem is in Michigan.

"Ballot curing refers to the process by which voters can correct mistakes—such as a missing or mismatched signature—with an absentee/mail-in ballot so that the ballot can be counted. Ballot curing provisions lay out this process in state law. States without such provisions do not count absentee/mail-in ballots with errors.[3]

As of November 2020, Michigan law did not include a provision for curing ballots."

Processing, counting, and challenging absentee/mail-in ballots in Michigan, 2020 - Ballotpedia

In the democratic controlled polling locations of Michigan, those in charge cured mailing ballots. Yet in other counties they were not allowed to do so and thus a violation of the "Equal Protection Clause" as well as violating the law.

There cannot be two separate standards within the same state.

In addition, ballot stuffing and ballot harvesting has been rampant in Detroit and another democratically controlled area -- happening for years (not just now) as per Linda Lee Tarver.

And that is why people are in an uproar. (this isn't only a Michigan problem)

QuestioningMind

"Ballot curing refers to the process by which voters can correct mistakes—such as a missing or mismatched signature—with an absentee/mail-in ballot so that the ballot can be counted. Ballot curing provisions lay out this process in state law. States without such provisions do not count absentee/mail-in ballots with errors.[3]

As of November 2020, Michigan law did not include a provision for curing ballots."

Processing, counting, and challenging absentee/mail-in ballots in Michigan, 2020 - Ballotpedia

In the democratic controlled polling locations of Michigan, those in charge cured mailing ballots. Yet in other counties they were not allowed to do so and thus a violation of the "Equal Protection Clause" as well as violating the law.

In addition, ballot stuffing and ballot harvesting has been rampant in Detroit and another democratically controlled area -- happening for years (not just now) as per Linda Lee Tarver.

ROFL... people are in an uproar because your Supreme Leader TOLD you to be in an uproar. Now you're all desperately seeking out reasons why you should be in an uproar. Truly sad and pathetic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Even if a court finds an equal protection violation,
there remains the issue of remedy. I don't see it
being Trump's getting the state's EC votes.
Elections, even imperfectly conducted ones must
have a limited time frame from which the winner
emerges.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Of note from the video: The testemony is that an audit cannot be performed. However the assumption is that fraud has occured. How can a judgement of fraud be made without an audit? It's simply not credible to me.

Kenny

Premium Member
ROFL... people are in an uproar because your Supreme Leader TOLD you to be in an uproar. Now you're all desperately seeking out reasons why you should be in an uproar. Truly sad and pathetic.
Can you validate that position? ;) Are you in an uproar about this uproar because your Supreme Leader TOLD you to be in an uproar? :)

Kenny

Premium Member
Of note from the video: The testemony is that an audit cannot be performed. However the assumption is that fraud has occured. How can a judgement of fraud be made without an audit? It's simply not credible to me.
The video said what was needed was a forensic audit that requires the opening of the boxed ballots.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
As a Michigander this is the first I've heard of this. Can the 'cured' ballots now be removed from the vote counts? Would this flip any elections?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes, why not keep the deranged fantasy going to the last moment.

I'm waiting for Trump to try to pre-emptively pardon Giuliani, himself and his children, in the hope of staying of jail. This gets madder and madder with every passing day. And funnier.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, why not keep the deranged fantasy going to the last moment.

I'm waiting for Trump to try to pre-emptively pardon Giuliani, himself and his children, in the hope of staying of jail. This gets madder and madder with every passing day. And funnier.
A koala in Michiganistan?
Must be a very southern part.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

It looks like Ballotpedia's information [3] is out of date, and does not not take the new laws that were passed by Michigan in October 2020 requiring clerks to contact voters so they can cure ballots:
https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/VI_Michigans_Absentee_Voting_Process_265992_7.pdf
here is a screenshot from the above pdf where I highlighted a relevant part:
michigan voting guidelines.png

Kenny

Premium Member
It looks like Ballotpedia's information [3] is out of date, and does not not take the new laws that were passed by Michigan in October 2020 requiring clerks to contact voters so they can cure ballots:
https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/VI_Michigans_Absentee_Voting_Process_265992_7.pdf
here is a screenshot from the above pdf where I highlighted a relevant part:
View attachment 45807
Very good and thanks for the update.... my understanding is that it wasn't the voter that cured it. (Allowing myself to be wrong)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The video said what was needed was a forensic audit that requires the opening of the boxed ballots.
Yes, but the video also *assumed* there was fraud without evidence.

All they have evidence of is that poll observers and challengers were not protected. That's not fraud.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
In the democratic controlled polling locations of Michigan, those in charge cured mailing ballots. Yet in other counties they were not allowed to do so

Evidence?

Evidence? I'm not watching a 30 minute video by a conservative political operative.

Kenny

Premium Member
Evidence?

Evidence? I'm not watching a 30 minute video by a conservative political operative.
So, how do you want me to provide evidence than from a person who has been involved in Michigan government for double digit years?

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes, but the video also *assumed* there was fraud without evidence.

All they have evidence of is that poll observers and challengers were not protected. That's not fraud.
let me listen to it again.... I thought it wasn't "assumed"... but I have been wrong before.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Very good and thanks for the update.... my understanding is that it wasn't the voter that cured it. (Allowing myself to be wrong)
The document I posted proves this statement from the OP to be dead wrong:
There are, in fact, provisions for curing ballots that were in place in Michigan before November 2020, as per the Michigan government document I posted. Not only does it state provisions for curing ballots, but it also requires clerks to notify voters to give them an opportunity to cure their ballots. If the Equal Protections clause is going to be invoked, it will be invoked against those clerks who did not notify voters to give them the opportunity to cure their ballots as per the law.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
So, how do you want me to provide evidence than from a person who has been involved in Michigan government for double digit years?

Based on others' commentary, no evidence is provided in the video anyway, just allegations. Evidence would be an actual demonstration that something happened in blue counties that didn't happen in any red ones, or that ballots were actually stuffed, etc.

So again...evidence?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Did that person observe attempts to fraudulently change votes? If there was only a possibility of cheating that is not evidence. One has to demonstrate that actual fraud took place, and that cannot be done. In fact the lawsuits often changed when presented to a judge because the claimants that understood the law knew that they had no evidence. As a result they were tossed again and again. As I last heard it was a case of 39 lawsuits to 1 against Trump and the last one was not a win so much as it was just a participation award, as one lawyer put it.