• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Envy and rivalry among women

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a girl and never particularly envied other girls. I think it comes from only focusing on one's looks and clothes, rather than more meaningful things. Give me a Bible over a makeup pallette anyday.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The fighting is usually most vicious when the stakes are low, eh?
Tom
Well...I think it is a matter of self-confidence...
My two sisters are surely prettier than me...but lack self-confidence.

So...I think envious people are often insecure people.;)

If a person is a self-confident ...they don't need to belittle others, don't you think so...Tom?;)

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Have you had a comedy derail? He was taking the p*** out of such attitudes. And he's one of the best comedians we've had probably. :rolleyes:

Yes i know he was taking the urine but i simply cannot get into his brand of humour.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
if you find him funny then cool. If i see him on tv i just turn over. He has that effect on me. I think it was the ladsamoney stupidity that did it

Some of his stuff is pants and I wouldn't go out of my way to see him but just thought the "public information sketches funny.

Earthtank

This is a topic that always saddens and disheartens me, maybe because I have had a bad family experience...with two sisters who have always fought and argued in a very unhealthy way. About the stupidest matters: clothes, guys they both liked, rivalry in various fields, like work, friends.

I think that what makes females weak is the total disunity, often due to envy.

Envy is an unhealthy sentiment. In my opinion it is felt by people who are aware to lack qualities, so they use envy to feel better, that is...instead of bettering themselves, they envy and antagonize better or more succesful people.

During my sex change I lost a female friend, who was really like that. She was incapable of feeling happiness for me....au contraire ...she used to envy my looks, my clothes, my attitude.

She was aware my femininity was due to my self confidence...instead of bettering herself both esthetically and psychologically, she used to bring my enthusiasm down.

Why this? Females should empathize with each other...should be happy if a friend is happy.
This is a topic that always saddens and disheartens me, maybe because I have had a bad family experience...with two sisters who have always fought and argued in a very unhealthy way. About the stupidest matters: clothes, guys they both liked, rivalry in various fields, like work, friends.

Envy is an unhealthy sentiment. In my opinion it is felt by people who are aware to lack qualities, so they use envy to feel better, that is...instead of bettering themselves, they envy and antagonize better or more succesful people.

During my sex change I lost a female friend, who was really like that. She was incapable of feeling happiness for me....au contraire ...she used to envy my looks, my clothes, my attitude.

She was aware my femininity was due to my self confidence...instead of bettering herself both esthetically and psychologically, she used to bring my enthusiasm down.

Why this? Females should empathize with each other...should be happy if a friend is happy.

This happens because women are far too emotional and short sighted.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Yes i know he was taking the urine but i simply cannot get into his brand of humour.

Well comedy is a bit personal - perhaps it's an age thing. I had Michael Bentine, Tony Hancock, the Goons, etc., after all. :D

But the Fast Show was pretty good. :oops:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well comedy is a bit personal - perhaps it's an age thing. I had Michael Bentine, Tony Hancock, the Goons, etc., after all. :D

But the Fast Show was pretty good. :oops:

Love the goons, before my time but radio 4 had recently done a rerun.

Live stand up is my comedy of choice.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I have to say, this applies to both sexes in my experience and in the world as I interpret it. And both are such a mixed bag that it's hard to generalise faithfully.

Not to get all feminist bro, but of the people in my life that I see genuinely committed to others it's about a 4:1 ratio in favour of women.