• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

enlightment

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
what's the best way to reach enlightment?

in- like en-lightenment

introspection or involution

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.

Isaiah 34:4
All the host of heaven shall rot away, and the skies rollup like a scroll. All their host shall fall, as leaves fall from the vine, like leaves falling from the fig tree.

Luke 4:20
And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him.

Revelation 6:14
The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Matthew 6
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Admittedly, I didn't read all of the posts before responding, but...

I never realized how many enlightened people we have in RF. Upwards around twenty two posts and counting offering advice on how to best achieve enlightenment.

Last edited:

zahra67

Define it first I would think.

Definition of enlightenment
Buddhism :a final blessed state marked by the absence of desire or suffering

It seems to me a process of becoming detached from both material and conceptual things.

Everything is impermanent even to your identity/concept of self. Everything you possess will be lost/taken from you at some point. The loss of anything you remain attached to will cause you to suffer.

Enlightenment IMO more than anything else is freedom from suffering. How you get there depends on what you find yourself attached to and whether you are able to become unattached to it.

It's hard to first realize what your attachments are, and even then knowing what they are to let go of them.

I feel freer the more things I'm attached to that I am able to let go of. This encourages me to want to let go of more. Still there are some attachments I don't want to be free of. I know this is likely to cause me to suffer at their loss but for now I'm ok with that.

You are really the only one who can really know the path you need to take towards enlightenment. However the first step I think is to set it as a goal.
hello.
if we love God, trust in him, have faith in him God decrees Goodness and prosperity for us and removes suffering and bad things from us in this word and hearafter.