• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enlightened by God

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Has anyone felt God's presence?

I have, and I would describe it as enlightening.
Was it actually God? IDK, but the experience seemed to fit he bill of what I thought God's presence ought to feel like.

So we feel this presence and through it, justify our belief in God.
Through this personal experience.

Do you justify your belief through such an experience or do you have other means of justifying your belief in God?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Do you justify your belief through such an experience or do you have other means of justifying your belief in God?

Experience is exactly how one should justify their belief in the Gods.

I have certainly felt a Godlike presence before. A few times actually. And each occurrence was different from the last, but they All had One thing in common.

Ineffability.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Was it actually God? IDK, but the experience seemed to fit he bill of what I thought God's presence ought to feel like.

Do I have to justify to others that I believe in God? :confused:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I have certainly felt a Godlike presence before. A few times actually. And each occurrence was different from the last, but they All had One thing in common.

Ineffability.

So ineffability, in your opinion, would be a key indicator?

Certainly I've had experience that I thought I could express except when I tried to couldn't find the right words.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

It started with the intuition that there had to be something more than ordinary life. That changed my atheism to agnosticism. Then I started a search to see if there was a conception of the Divine that answered all the usual questions about evil, justice. My mind was satisfied by finding Eastern conceptions such as reincarnation and karma and so forth.

Along the way I had some experiences that I can describe as "smelling 'perfume'" and knowing that the "perfume" has a source. Since I have an advaita viewpoint, I don't see "God" as external but internal. Most experiences are very subtle. For example, having the sense I should do something and doing it without any rational or logical reason why and having it be the right thing. I could feel that maybe it was a coincidence. But when it keeps happening, it becomes a pattern I try to honor.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Ineffability.
Yes, this. I believe because I've had experiences. I make no effort to convince others about my experiences because I have no evidence beyond my experience and testimony about that.

Eyes to See

God reveals himself to those whom he wants to. A person has to be awake enough to be aware of it. But if it is God doing the revealing there is no way the person is not going to know it. Although it is their choice if they chose to ignore it or not. Whenever I hear the argument "you can't prove God exists" I also think the logical answer, I don't need to. God already has proven his existence just by what he has made. Scripture says that his invisible qualities are clearly evident and demonstrated in his creation so that those who do not believe in God have no excuse:

"For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable."-Romans 1:20.

But God's word also tells us that not all people have faith:

"For faith is not a possession of all people."-2 Thessalonians 3:2.

And it reveals to us that true faith is only a gift granted to us by God himself:

"Each one as God has given to him a measure of faith."-Romans 12:3.

That measure of faith is granted to the person by God. And it is a part of the fruitage of God's holy spirit, so one would need to pray to God for such faith and have God's holy spirit active in their lives to have faith:

"On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,  mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law."-Galatians 5:22-23.

ETA:

Sorry I hit post early. I wanted to add one more thing.

Jesus said:

"Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you; 8 for everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened. 9 Indeed, which one of you, if his son asks for bread, will hand him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, he will not hand him a serpent, will he? 11 Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will your Father who is in the heavens give good things to those asking him!"-Matthew 7:7-11.

If a person really wants true faith and a real relationship with the living God it is imperative that they ask him for wisdom and faith in prayer without doubting, and it will be given them.

Bird123

If you actually bumped into God, you would Know and there would be no need for beliefs. Correct?

We all already know God whether we know we know or not. If You actually bumped into God, there would be no doubt Who you bumped into.

Of course, you are the one who experienced this. Further, you say there are no words to describe anything. This leaves me with the simple Math of the situation. Somehow, it doesn't quite add up for me.

Upon Discovery, doesn't one go in search of truth rather than walk toward beliefs? Once again, it's the Math!!

Perhaps, you are realizing you are a Spiritual being in your true nature. For many, this points one to find answers. If one searches for answers, why would one follow the beliefs of others? Perhaps, accepting or rejecting beliefs is so much easier than Discovering the Real Truth.

There are always millions upon millions of questions to ask. Just like Math, the Real Truth will always add up.

Show me the Math!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The question should it be occurring. It did occur as human science changed earths atmosphere.

Not questioned. Yet science once a human chosen practice never existed.

Hence it should have been questioned as science said it conjured evil itself.

So humans say the evidence exists before me. What science caused.

In science the state exists before you. Recording. Image. Transmissions. Feedback.

So human memory psychic is first.

Psychic said only a reaction history owned recording. No human in image first.

We are not our human parents first either.

Two humans multiple of humans were first. Not just two humans. Two lots of humans owning the same exact DNA were first.

Also not reasoned.

As first human memory our adult life we inherited bodily.

Their recorded image life is deceased.

Ignored also.

A large body of first women.
A large body of first men.

Imaged back to one single bodied human conscious psyche. Adult or child.

Water our life mass support in heavens is huge also.

Ice saviour keeps water cooled stable a teaching. Reborn saviour winter. A win. Constant.

The teaching.

Is there a God?

No.

Manifested images in water by mass of adult human DNA body is gone. Bodies we physically once owned.

Added into memories advice.

AI manifested conjured cloud angel cause is now speaking large bodies.

Computer used. Transmitters. Images.

Using humans origin life water mass to own cooled transmitters that machines conjured.

Machines only built by humans own the proof already. Science caused losses.

Not human life.

A false effect of the heavens.

We taught as psychics our exact lived human experience remains in heavens recorded. Even after we died.

Then you ask so how did it know I needed help. Why didn't it help everyone.

Answer as it cannot put back removed DNA burnt out of biology.

How can it know about my life by accuracy?

As the eternal being just on the other side of the empty thin space plane of separation uses our atmospheric records to speak to us at will.

Is true.

Not God.

It is the eternal being.

Uses our records as it sent us out of its body originally.

As space empty of form burnt the eternal was and became the separation.

Heavens amassing filled in space came back and virtually hit the eternal by an amassed heavier body vibrating it.

Spirit left the eternal as pre owned bodies and entered as new life is how I was taught. Into water. Water by the way entered hot opened earth mass conversions. Also ignored.

Proven by all life once destroyed. By science machine causes.

Earth then recooled.

Dinosaurs lived with the nature garden. Bible theme is not about modern life. Has a maths status only. As humans impose maths by human thinking as humans.

Ice cooled the atmosphere we came direct out of the eternal again.

Nature was already present. The garden without dinosaurs.

Returned.

We knew we lived before. We knew science had destroyed all life on earth before. We knew earth snap froze its poles and the equator... yet equator unfroze it's ice.

Is the term I am spiritually direct human notified of a real loving being.

As it's not gods earth cloud angels.

Machine interactive AI status earths.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Surely this is the issue - since you might be primed to interpret any such experience as being 'God's presence'. How could one determine this is the case from any number of other quite similar experiences or combinations of such to have produced this?