• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

English Paper

Lookingformeaning

I am in the process of writing an english paper about "What it means to be a human being?" I am having trouble getting started...the paper has to be at least 10 pages long....I need help, I dont know how to start it. Any advice?

jimbob

The Celt
Um, try emotions, and feelings, and attitudes of human beings. maybe you could also talk about human being physically compared to spiritually? I don't know if thats what you want, but there are my two cents.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You could start with what jimbob said. You could also start with a quote from a sociologist or psychologist about the topic. I would probably start with either Sigmond Frued or Carl Jung. That would probably score extra points.
I would say a good thesis for something like that would start with a quote, followed by some statistics and/or opinions, then some observations, followed by some loose conclusion.

robtex

Veteran Member
LFM what were the last few books you read in english class? find a way to tie them in if you are able to by using them as examples.

things unique to man

ablility to speak
emotional ranges
ablity to manipulate ones enviorment
abilty to be philosphical
higher rational ability
express communicaiton such as song, poetry or artwork

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
The first thing I though of was that humans get around better then cabbages ... but a cabbage can roll pretty good if something gives them a start . ;)

Sorry L4M , but I think others could give you better advice , assuming that you want a good grade . :)