• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Energy: Neither created nor destroyed.

Rex

Founder
What does this mean to you. I keep thinking about it and if it true then everything is here and nothing is every leaving. Thus leaving a cycle of energy. I'm not sure where I am going with this but it just confuses me.

Master Vigil

Taoism. Chi is essentially energy, and is constantly in cycle. It doesn't leave, it just changes. It comes from the tao, goes back to the tao, from the tao, back to the tao, so on and so forth.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
See, that is the argument I use to support my concept of 'soul'. As energy is neither created nor destroyed, what hapens to what powers you as a human being when you die? It's not in your body anymore, but it has to be motoring along somewhere in some form or other.

Master Vigil

Well, it can either move on and change into something else. Or in some taoist legends, an enlightened one's chi will stay in the same form creating an immortal. Such as the 10 immortals in taoist tradition.

may

Rex_Admin said:
What does this mean to you. I keep thinking about it and if it true then everything is here and nothing is every leaving. Thus leaving a cycle of energy. I'm not sure where I am going with this but it just confuses me.
Raise your eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one of them is missing"! (Isaiah 40:26) Yes, Jehovah is "vigorous in power," and he is the Source of the DYNAMIC ENERGY used to bring the entire universe into existence.

Jehovah has unlimited power, for he alone is called "the Almighty." (Revelation 15:3) Jehovah is "vigorous in power" and possesses an "abundance of dynamic energy." (Isaiah 40:26) He is the ever-plentiful, INEXHAUSTIBLE source of power. He depends upon no outside source for energy, for "strength belongs to God." (Psalm 62:11)

Pah

Uber all member
PBS had, just last night, a show on Quantum Mechanics and Relativity Theory. It went on to describe String Theory as being the ingrediant of sub-atomic particles that promises to being together both and solve the problem of gravity in Einsteins work. Srings are comprised of energy and take the form of vibrating stings - not the points formely associated with sub-atomic particles. This would mean all matter is energy as it's prime and essential characeristic.

Bob

Master Vigil

But may, energy is not created. So there can be no creator of energy. Energy is god. (tao) Not the Almighty that is talked about in the bible.

may

Master Vigil said:
But may, energy is not created. So there can be no creator of energy. Energy is god. (tao) Not the Almighty that is talked about in the bible.
Yes that is correct Jehovah God is dynamic energy
As the Creator of all things, Jehovah God, the "King of eternity," existed before all others. He is "from everlasting to everlasting," meaning that he had no beginning and will never have an end.—1 Tim. 1:17; Ps. 90:2, AV

Master Vigil

But if you agree to my terms, then we are all god. Because we are all made up of energy. So god is not a creator of everything, god is everything. Trees are god, birds are god, water is god, mountains are god. And we were only created from already existing energy. We are not distinct form god, we are god. I am not sure if you want to agree to that. I certainly do though, it is taoism. And if you do agree, god can no longer be a he. Because a female can be god, and that would make god a she in one instance.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It is a conservation law stating that, when you take into account the matter energy equivalency suggested by Einstein's famous equation { e = mc^2 }

stuff doesn't disappear

No*s

Captain Obvious
Master Vigil,

I'm reading your posts from a very Western lens, so I must ask if you are saying what I think you're saying (no arguments here, just clarification).

By Dao are you referring to fundamental reality? The Stoics taught that there was a divine spark in everything in a natural structure (frequently Stoics would say "Ask Nature"). This is the closest thing that I can come up with for your statements. I don't think I can make Platonism fit your statements.

I know you're using the term "energy," but I've always understood "energy" as the force that causes a capacity to do something. As such, your posts don't make much sense to me.

Perhaps you can clarify this. I'm not picking an argument, just wanting clarification.

Pah

Uber all member
Deut. 32.8 said:
It is a conservation law stating that, when you take into account the matter energy equivalency suggested by Einstein's famous equation { e = mc^2 }

stuff doesn't disappear

It sure seems to (even light) disappear into black holes. String Theory says all matter IS energy. Perhaps Einstein missed the boat by never considering Quantum Mechanics and finding that string theory accomodates the two.

Bob

Pah

Uber all member
Deut. 32.8 said:
Reread Hawking.
After nearly 30 years of arguing that a black hole destroys everything that falls into it, Stephen Hawking is saying he was wrong. It seems that black holes may after all allow information within them to escape. Hawking will present his latest finding at a conference in Ireland next week.

Soure: http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6151

What would "information" be?

Bob

may

Master Vigil said:
But if you agree to my terms, then we are all god. Because we are all made up of energy. So god is not a creator of everything, god is everything. Trees are god, birds are god, water is god, mountains are god. And we were only created from already existing energy. We are not distinct form god, we are god. I am not sure if you want to agree to that. I certainly do though, it is taoism. And if you do agree, god can no longer be a he. Because a female can be god, and that would make god a she in one instance.
Jehovah is the bottomless reservoir of all energy. All the things of the universe are bundles of particles of energy from him. These have been brought together into masses large and small. The twentieth-century scientist Albert Einstein worked out this formula for it: energy equals mass times the speed of light squared (or, E=mc2). Little wonder, then, that this Source of all energy finds nothing impossible for himself.

The name Jehovah means (He causes to become)

Body and Soul would mean that there is a soul to the existence of our body, which accomplishes the way for perception. Nevertheless objectively we have come to the laws of experimental conclusion: these are linearly portrayed to a constraint of projection. Without a soul the projections would have been developed from Nothing but recursive habit.
Still what causes action comes into the effects: a perceiver portrays for development within itself, or if you prefer, a momentary seizing of the temporal passage. Equations themselves have no real comment of cause and effect (instead the condition of intializing a computation towards the rather arbitrary FUTURE).
Therefore, how the potential for ongoing Time occurs into the perception by the Soul is, in my opinion, in the way of the Things requiring that initial derivation that a linear projection (in our experiments) be just that, LINEAR. The soul, the thing, makes the experiment the very Experience in Life.
In a sense everybody is an effectual epistimologist commited to the experience in the COMMUNITY. This binds the perceiving soul to the percieved things. That is the conservation of energy, which we try to arrize to through God to destroy , or find it available in the passing time we miss It. God essentially is the providence for peace at the energy THERE, or on the other hand, the reason for initial frustration of brute contingency.

Pah

Uber all member
Deut. 32.8 said:
I suspect that the options are some combination of (1) matter, (2) energy, and (3) revelation - and I'm not a big believer in #3.
Nor I (in number 3). But what he did mention, when the Black Hole disappates/goes away/dies, is that what was inside is released "mangled" back to the universe. It would make more sense to be energy released than to have something along the line of a mini-big bang. It's all so very interesting but we do have strings making a play in the whole scheme of things.

Bob