• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Energy flow during meditation

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When in sitting meditation there is often experienced that the body feel warmer or more energic. (personal exerienced)

My question to those who use prayer in their practice is, do you feel energy build up within you when you pray? Does your practice or religion teach why this energy burst occure? or what is your thought about it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When in sitting meditation there is often experienced that the body feel warmer or more energic. (personal exerienced)

My question to those who use prayer in their practice is, do you feel energy build up within you when you pray? Does your practice or religion teach why this energy burst occur? or what is your thought about it?

I'm still learning about different forms of prayer practiced at the Church I go to. When I pray, I call it a "euphoria" that washes over me briefly. Some say they feel it's love. For me, it's gratitude. The energy, I'd say to be really really technical, is basically the change in your physiology by how you pray. At a Buddhist temple years ago, the abbot said she was ill and had to go to the hospital. While there for a few weeks, she meditated (Vietnamese Zen) and she said the pain and illness dissolved. She basically used her energy to consecrate healing over her body via meditation and breathing (among other Zen-specific methods).

I think that's pretty much the same I get when I pray. Though, I don't pray for healing. The energy I get, I guess you can say, I can tell because it makes my body and mind whole.

Energy burst? Guess it depends on the person. We're very diverse in the church I go to. For me, closest I can get to that is a flush and heart and body jump. Things like Chakras and all, I'm not aware of.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm still learning about different forms of prayer practiced at the Church I go to. When I pray, I call it a "euphoria" that washes over me briefly. Some say they feel it's love. For me, it's gratitude. The energy, I'd say to be really really technical, is basically the change in your physiology by how you pray. At a Buddhist temple years ago, the abbot said she was ill and had to go to the hospital. While there for a few weeks, she meditated (Vietnamese Zen) and she said the pain and illness dissolved. She basically used her energy to consecrate healing over her body via meditation and breathing (among other Zen-specific methods).

I think that's pretty much the same I get when I pray. Though, I don't pray for healing. The energy I get, I guess you can say, I can tell because it makes my body and mind whole.

Energy burst? Guess it depends on the person. We're very diverse in the church I go to. For me, closest I can get to that is a flush and heart and body jump. Things like Chakras and all, I'm not aware of.

Your experience is similar to what happens in a vipassana meditation :) in deeper meditation the energy can get so high that sweat is seen to arise even we do sit silently with no movements

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

My question to those who use prayer in their practice is, do you feel energy build up within you when you pray? Does your practice or religion teach why this energy burst occure? or what is your thought about it?
When I do silent worship for a long time I feel an inner peace and some energy does build up...When I pray for a long period of time I do feel warmer and again an inner peace. No no teachings regarding it. But I feel it might have something to do with the Inner Light. I don't know.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Your experience is similar to what happens in a vipassana meditation :) in deeper meditation the energy can get so high that sweat is seen to arise even we do sit silently with no movements
There is a form of Tibetan meditation called Tummo which I think is related to what you're reporting.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is a form of Tibetan meditation called Tummo which I think is related to what you're reporting.
Yes Tummo is very special form of meditation and as far as i know only highly developed lamas are allowed to teach it to students. but i have heard it is a powerful meditation

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Prayer is an interesting word. What is meant by that? Simple focused intention towards higher realization can, and should in my opinion, be considered prayer. Even simple petitionary style of prayer is itself a form of focused meditation, simply by putting "God" as the focus of the mind and intention. As a combination of that intentionality and focus, along with relinquishing or surrendering of resistance of the mind and emotions to letting go, will naturally increase the energy flow.

In my practices, I had done a daily sitting meditation for around 6 years, but I now do a moving meditation through Tai Chi and Qigong practice. In this, the energies are, well for lack of a better word, Divine. The whole body moves through and with these Life energies, and with it the mind moves into states of perfect stillness, and I'd add for myself even revelation. Through this one moves into nondual states.

In essence what has happened is I've picked up my meditation cushion and it has become my whole body. You learn that how we hold our bodies, very much can constrict and block, or open ourselves, body, mind, and spirit to that liberation. It's quite fascinating to come to realize the interconnection of all these parts and the effects and impact they have on each other. Transcending mind is wonderful, but then grounding that transcendence in the body to the earth is to me, what a true nonduality is. It's incarnational.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Personally i have very little experiance with Tai Chi or Qi gong, But i did try tai chi and yes even with little to no experiance i noticed when i used meditation technique the heat started to rise :)
But as a devoteè in buddhism i dont mix other teachings, But this does not mean i say Tai chic or chi gone is a wrong path :)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That sounds lovely. Why I've decided to start mediating myself.

I like walking meditation.

Walking Meditation (Greater Good in Action)

What I like is to try to walk with no mind, no actual thought. Just kind of be while being aware of all the sensations that are experienced without thinking about them. Just let all of that sensation flow into you, sight, sound, smell. Be aware, in the moment, without mind.

It's pretty relaxing, peaceful.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I like walking meditation.

Walking Meditation (Greater Good in Action)

What I like is to try to walk with no mind, no actual thought. Just kind of be while being aware of all the sensations that are experienced without thinking about them. Just let all of that sensation flow into you, sight, sound, smell. Be aware, in the moment, without mind.

It's pretty relaxing, peaceful.
I've been looking into learning about walking meditation thank you...

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Personally i have very little experiance with Tai Chi or Qi gong, But i did try tai chi and yes even with little to no experiance i noticed when i used meditation technique the heat started to rise :)
But as a devoteè in buddhism i dont mix other teachings, But this does not mean i say Tai chic or chi gone is a wrong path :)
The practice isn't religious in itself. As it is a form of meditation, anyone with any religious beliefs can practice it, like any type of mediation. I certainly don't consider myself a practicing Taoist. :)

One thing to mention however about Tai Chi, if someone is looking for a moving, or standing form of meditation, Qigong is by far more instantly accessible. Taijiquan is difficult to learn to the point where you move from focusing on the correct movements, to where it becomes a flowing mediation. But the practice of learning it is itself learning deeper understandings of the body, mind, and spirit connection. There are layers and layers of understanding that can be developed over an entire lifetime. We alway practice Qigong as a part of Tai Chi practice, as it is foundational to it. Taijiquan is considered an internal martial art, which is what makes it meditation.