• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Energize your Rosary

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
In material world we see positive attracts negative and negative attracts positive. North pole of magnetic attracts south, opposite charge attracts, even marriage is unsuccessful if couples have same behavior nature (if both are short tempered than it's will not last long). But in spiritual world positive attracts positive and negative attracts negative. Mantras have power to produce both types of energies and can attract both. So if we fill our house, aasan and rosary with positive energy with help of mantras, this will produce great results. Method of energizing house and Aasan are long but everyone can easily energize rosary. Here is easiest method to energize rosary.

Method- Take bath and wear either white or yellow clothes in morning. Now sit in aasan, light one diya (earthen lamp) and keep the rosary in a new plate with some flowers and sweets and now sprinkle some water of Ganga on rosary, If Ganga water is not available than take fresh water pray from maa ganga to purify it. After sprinkling water. Now take the rosary in your hand and chant Gayatri Mantra 108 times (1 rosary) and after that chant the energizing mantra atlest 11 rosaries (1188 times), however better if you can chant more. After procedure is complete, you get an energized rosary.

Mantra- Om maa maale mahamaale sarva siddhi swaroopani;
abhishtam dhehi me maale tva maham sharanam gatah|

Last edited:

Maya3

In material world we see positive attracts negative and negative attracts positive. North pole of magnetic attracts south, opposite charge attracts, even marriage is unsuccessful if couples have same behavior nature (if both are short tempered than it's will not last long). But in spiritual world positive attracts positive and negative attracts negative. Mantras have power to produce both types of energies and can attract both. So if we fill our house, aasan and rosary with positive energy with help of mantras, this will produce great results. Method of energizing house and Aasan are long but everyone can easily energize rosary. Here is easiest method to energize rosary.

Method- Take bath and wear either white or yellow clothes in morning. Now sit in aasan, light one diya (earthen lamp) and keep the rosary in a new plate with some flowers and sweets and now sprinkle some water of Ganga on rosary, If Ganga water is not available than take fresh water pray from maa ganga to purify it. After sprinkling water. Now take the rosary in your hand and chant Gayatri Mantra 108 times (1 rosary) and after that chant the energizing mantra atlest 11 rosaries (1188 times), however better if you can chant more. After procedure is complete, you get an energized rosary.

Mantra- Om maa maale mahamaale sarva siddhi swaroopani;
abhishtam dhehi me maale tva maham sharanam gatah|

You mean your Mala I'm sure. I've never heard Hindus refer to it as rosary.
Or am I wrong?

Maya

nirmmala

i wish to chant lord krishna's mantra with sphatic rosary..so should i energize that rosary with gayathri mantra or with any other mantra related to lord krishna or with the matra itself which i wish to chant?

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

I would stick to SumitJi procedure and Gayatri mantra. Sphatic mala is powerful mala, therefore I think it is better to charge/bless it with Vedic mantras.

However, after charging your mala, you can chant Sri Krsna mantra all the time you want with it. Opinion about number of different mantras with the same mala differ, so don't take it as law. I was told to stick to 1 mantra 1 mala. Reciting the same mantra keep the mala energized with the same specific energy of the mantra.

In short, I think personally it is better to charge you mala with Vedic mantras like the procedure SumitJi told, and then chant Sri Krsna mantra with it. The charging procedure and Vedic mantra "sparks" the power of the mala, using it to recite Sri Krsna mantra then "keep" this spark and grow it according to benefits of Sri Krsna mantra.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Asha

Namaste,

i wish to chant lord krishna's mantra with sphatic rosary..so should i energize that rosary with gayathri mantra or with any other mantra related to lord krishna or with the matra itself which i wish to chant?

Is ther a particular reason you wish to use a sphatic mala ?

The only reason I ask this, is that usualy one chants MahaMantra on a Tulsi Mala as Tulsi devi is very dear to Shree Krishna.

Jai Shree Krishna

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram

Use a tulsi mala instead. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Hare Ram Hare Ram

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste Sumit

I enjoyed this post very much. Especially the second paragraph.

Sometimes I have the opportunity to bring Ganga Jal from India, but once gone I consider buying it (sold by vendors on web or at some temples) - the viles sold online, can we trust them as authentic Ganga Jal?

Regarding the mantra to supercharge your mala, Om maa maale mahamaale sarva siddhi swaroopani;
abhishtam dhehi me maale tva maham sharanam gatah, where did you obtain this mantra? I find it associated with a Tantrika sect when searching the web, is this from a specific Tantric scripture or other?

I will try to supercharge my mala (Rudraksha), once supercharged however I chant Saiva mantras, also I chant to Hanuman, but not Gayatri or HK (well, I will if a guest at a HK temple, but not at home).

Let me know!

Om Namah Sivaya

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Namaste Sumit

I enjoyed this post very much. Especially the second paragraph.

Sometimes I have the opportunity to bring Ganga Jal from India, but once gone I consider buying it (sold by vendors on web or at some temples) - the viles sold online, can we trust them as authentic Ganga Jal?

Namaste :namaste
Ganga is not just a river but a deity so you can just use the ordinary water and pray MAA Ganga to purify it.

Regarding the mantra to supercharge your mala, Om maa maale mahamaale sarva siddhi swaroopani;
abhishtam dhehi me maale tva maham sharanam gatah, where did you obtain this mantra? I find it associated with a Tantrika sect when searching the web, is this from a specific Tantric scripture or other?

I will try to supercharge my mala (Rudraksha), once supercharged however I chant Saiva mantras, also I chant to Hanuman, but not Gayatri or HK (well, I will if a guest at a HK temple, but not at home).

Let me know!

Om Namah Sivaya

This is most common mantra used for mala poojan and is not related to any particular sect. This mantra won't supercharge your mala, that's done through pranaprathistha which is very hard and lengthy procedure and only expert person can complete it. This mantra will only energize your mala and as you continue japa, positive vibrations will increase.

Asha

Namaste
Namaste :namaste
Ganga is not just a river but a deity so you can just use the ordinary water and pray MAA Ganga to purify it.

We have also been taught like this.
I try where ever possible to use spring water, at least this way I know that it is as pure as possible, then bless it in the same way.

This is most common mantra used for mala poojan and is not related to any particular sect. This mantra won't supercharge your mala, that's done through pranaprathistha which is very hard and lengthy procedure and only expert person can complete it. This mantra will only energize your mala and as you continue japa, positive vibrations will increase.
We are given our Mala upon initiation so our guru has already caried out this procedure, so for this reason we often do not take this mala out of our own puja room and keep it safely close to the shrine, this way it does not collect impurities.
I keep a different mala with me at all other times, but even this mala I treat very carefully.

Jai Shree Krishna

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste Sumit

Thanks for the detailed response. As you might know, I am a huge devotee of Ganga Maa, and keep Her picture for devotions.

Sorry about using the word "supercharge", actually I mean "energize" as you explain. It is the japa with faith itself, a guru, and Divinity that supercharges a mala not this special mantra you shared.

It appears as you say it is a common mantra across sects, I am very interested in locating it in some scripture specifically but no luck.

Does anyone know?

Om Namah Sivaya

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste Sumit

Thanks for the detailed response. As you might know, I am a huge devotee of Ganga Maa, and keep Her picture for devotions.

Sorry about using the word "supercharge", actually I mean "energize" as you explain. It is the japa with faith itself, a guru, and Divinity that supercharges a mala not this special mantra you shared.

It appears as you say it is a common mantra across sects, I am very interested in locating it in some scripture specifically but no luck.

Does anyone know?

Om Namah Sivaya

Actually, no worries about the scriptural source of the mantra. Too busy, YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL SHIVRATRI! I can see the moon is already in full shadow in CA. The night will be truly a night to light lamps. Om Namah Sivaya

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Actually, no worries about the scriptural source of the mantra. Too busy, YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL SHIVRATRI! I can see the moon is already in full shadow in CA. The night will be truly a night to light lamps. Om Namah Sivaya
This mantra was told to me by a pandit but I first read this mantra in books named sanatan dharma aur pooja paddati, Mahakali Tantram and mantra mahodahi. Also if you study other scriptures you will find this mantra used for mala poojan. HAPPY SHIVARATRI :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Many repetitions of any mantra will energize it the best. A friend or another devotee will sometimes recognise it's energy by feel, just as one might recognise a strong temple or swami's presence. Another way is if a temple will allow you to put it on a murthy for a day or so. Some temples will, others won't. You can always ask. Of course, if you're the type of Hindu who doesn't believe in the power of a temple, I guess that won't work.