• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enduring With A Smile

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Years ago, perhaps 15ish years, I was sitting in a dark, dank living room, minding my own business on the internet when I heard a snide chuckle next to me. I looked up, and there was the man I was with at the time(who would have been in the late 20s age range), sneering and shaking his head, clad in nothing but a pair of boxer shorts.

"I don't know how you can live with yourself" he told me. Well, perhaps there was better things to do than occupy myself online, but working and caring for him(he didn't work) and my son wore me out. I didn't think I was in the wrong. Cautiously, I asked him what he was talking about.

"I stink because I haven't bathed in days, and I fear I'll go hungry if you don't make some food soon." Alright, now I was thoroughly confused. "Why haven't you taken a bath?" I asked him. "My towels are in the dryer!" He shouted, with an angry glare in his eye. I could sense the urge to giggle. I suppressed it. "Uh... why don't you go downstairs and get the towels, then?" Like a red hot coal, he exploded "my socks are in there, too! If I walk on the stairs without socks I could get a splinter!"

At that point I wanted to roll in laughter. Being as he had a history of being abusive, I knew this wasn't the time or place, but I couldn't help but ask "why don't you make yourself something to eat?" I hadn't been cooking for him; I'd just been worried about feeding my son. I mostly ate at work. "I can't cook my own food! All the magic goes out of it!" he roared.

I deserved some kind of a medal for managing to keep a straight face during that. However, sometimes in the spice isle, I notice the following product:

file.jpg
and I can't help but remember that ridiculous moment and laugh like I wanted to back then.

What's a time you wanted to laugh, or indulge in some other emotion, but had to suppress it for other reasons?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Years ago, perhaps 15ish years, I was sitting in a dark, dank living room, minding my own business on the internet when I heard a snide chuckle next to me. I looked up, and there was the man I was with at the time(who would have been in the late 20s age range), sneering and shaking his head, clad in nothing but a pair of boxer shorts.

"I don't know how you can live with yourself" he told me. Well, perhaps there was better things to do than occupy myself online, but working and caring for him(he didn't work) and my son wore me out. I didn't think I was in the wrong. Cautiously, I asked him what he was talking about.

"I stink because I haven't bathed in days, and I fear I'll go hungry if you don't make some food soon." Alright, now I was thoroughly confused. "Why haven't you taken a bath?" I asked him. "My towels are in the dryer!" He shouted, with an angry glare in his eye. I could sense the urge to giggle. I suppressed it. "Uh... why don't you go downstairs and get the towels, then?" Like a red hot coal, he exploded "my socks are in there, too! If I walk on the stairs without socks I could get a splinter!"

At that point I wanted to roll in laughter. Being as he had a history of being abusive, I knew this wasn't the time or place, but I couldn't help but ask "why don't you make yourself something to eat?" I hadn't been cooking for him; I'd just been worried about feeding my son. I mostly ate at work. "I can't cook my own food! All the magic goes out of it!" he roared.

I deserved some kind of a medal for managing to keep a straight face during that. However, sometimes in the spice isle, I notice the following product:

View attachment 67730
and I can't help but remember that ridiculous moment and laugh like I wanted to back then.

What's a time you wanted to laugh, or indulge in some other emotion, but had to suppress it for other reasons?
I thought in America you could own a gun?

Gargovic Malkav

In my old group home, my friends and me were chilling in the room of one of us, like we always did.
A younger resident visited us that night and joined us.
He was talking about his usual obsessions: Girls, sex, his shock and amazement of how one of the staff members cannot have such interests in girls because he's gay, and a particular fascination he had for one of the residents who's rather antisocial and withdrawn.

Eventually he was talking about what people thought of him, and mentioned that people told him he had tics and twitched with his face a lot.
This was one of the things I found most noticeable about him too, so him bringing that up already made me feel like I wanted to chuckle.
But then he looked at me and asked: "But that's not true is it?" and as he said that, he showed his usual facial tics.
I felt like I was about to burst in laughter and get the giggles, so I quickly looked another way and just ignored him, as I knew he would turn to someone else if he can't get a response out of me.

It was hilarious and painful at the same time.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

View attachment 67730

You are a brave lass...

We were doing a job for an unnamed countries military. One of their top brass was visiting to check progress (of more like spend a few days in the UK at taxpayers expenses).

After his visit he was due at the airport for his plane home. I volunteered to take him to the airport.

My car was low and sporty and i was wearing a fairly short skirt. Can you guess where this is going?

His hand slid across and rested on my thigh... I lashed out knocking his hand away.

The guy turned bright red and went into full colonel blimp embarrassment bluster mode.

I don't think i let out a chuckle but i surely needed to.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
You are a brave lass...

We were doing a job for an unnamed countries military. One of their top brass was visiting to check progress (of more like spend a few days in the UK at taxpayers expenses).

After his visit he was due at the airport for his plane home. I volunteered to take him to the airport.

My car was low and sporty and i was wearing a fairly short skirt. Can you guess where this is going?

His hand slid across and rested on my thigh... I lashed out knocking his hand away.

The guy turned bright red and went into full colonel blimp embarrassment bluster mode.

A 'misunderstanding' surely - the offered perk? Given that so many countries have such different expectations. :oops:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I think you deserve a medal for staying sane after a relationship with such a needy and toxic individual.

5 years with him... Things got really bad in the last month or two there. I snuck away one night, saying I was going to stay at my friend's house. I packed the grey stuffed cat I'd had since childhood, as many clothes as the backpack could carry for both me and my son(which wasn't a lot) and a couple books. I don't think I got the cat out that night; it would have been too obvious. Got into some guy's car that my friend was screwing around with, took my son's hand and I rode off into the night. And that was the end of that.

In my old group home, my friends and me were chilling in the room of one of us, like we always did.
A younger resident visited us that night and joined us.
He was talking about his usual obsessions: Girls, sex, his shock and amazement of how one of the staff members cannot have such interests in girls because he's gay, and a particular fascination he had for one of the residents who's rather antisocial and withdrawn.

Eventually he was talking about what people thought of him, and mentioned that people told him he had tics and twitched with his face a lot.
This was one of the things I found most noticeable about him too, so him bringing that up already made me feel like I wanted to chuckle.
But then he looked at me and asked: "But that's not true is it?" and as he said that, he showed his usual facial tics.
I felt like I was about to burst in laughter and get the giggles, so I quickly looked another way and just ignored him, as I knew he would turn to someone else if he can't get a response out of me.

It was hilarious and painful at the same time.

That would be difficult to hold the giggles in...

You are a brave lass...

What a turd!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. But he signed the job off ;-)

At a rock concert in my 20s, I'd beat my way through the mosh pit to get right up to the stage. I was enjoying the show, when all the sudden I felt a hand groping my rear. Luckily, I had on the perfect shoes, and I kicked backwards, and the guy went down. Seems he didn't care for the shoe to the groin. Pretty heavy duty shoes, too. They're not exactly like this(less clunky, though same idea), but very similar.
s-l500.jpg
Got a high five from the guy next to me for my efforts.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
At a rock concert in my 20s, I'd beat my way through the mosh pit to get right up to the stage. I was enjoying the show, when all the sudden I felt a hand groping my rear. Luckily, I had on the perfect shoes, and I kicked backwards, and the guy went down. Seems he didn't care for the shoe to the groin. Pretty heavy duty shoes, too. They're not exactly like this(less clunky, though same idea), but very similar.
View attachment 67750
Got a high five from the guy next to me for my efforts.

Good girl.

This should be on eros but I'll keep it as clean as i can.

On the metro in paris, close standing room only. Paul and i were separated in the crush and couldn't get near each other. I felt some sliding up and down behind me. Tried to shuffle away but couldn't. The train stopped people got off leaving me room to move. I did and shouted "regarde regarde" in my Lancaster accent. The guy was standing with around 15 peoples eyes glued on him. His erect whatsit in his hand and a very embarrassed, frightening rabbit look on his face. He left the train quickly.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Good girl.

This should be on eros but I'll keep it as clean as i can.

On the metro in paris, close standing room only. Paul and i were separated in the crush and couldn't get near each other. I felt some sliding up and down behind me. Tried to shuffle away but couldn't. The train stopped people got off leaving me room to move. I did and shouted "regarde regarde" in my Lancaster accent. The guy was standing with around 15 peoples eyes glued on him. His erect whatsit in his hand and a very embarrassed, frightening rabbit look on his face. He left the train quickly.

That would be terrifying! Sorry you had to go through that, but glad you were able to embarrass him so.