• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Endtimes events according to different religions

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Almost all religions believe in some kind of 'End of the World' or 'End of the Age' scenario. The time for such a sequence of events seems to be very close now.

Here is a website that tries to summarize the beliefs of the main religions - http://www.judgmentday.info

Please comment or provide any corrections.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll separate some comments into several posts. The first is this:

I don't believe that page mentions the Quran. There's one very controversial bit that in some translations says that the end of days is marked by the creation of the state of Israel. If you look at many translations you'll see a wide variance including tense (past/future) etc. But 17:104 does have these translations:

When the promise of the hereafter [End of Days] comes to be fulfilled, We [Allah] shall assemble you [the Israelites] all together [in the Land of Israel]."

and

And We said to the Children of Israel after him: "Dwell in the land, then, when the final and the last promise comes near [i.e. the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) on the earth]. We shall bring you altogether as mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In the Hindu conception, we are just at the very beginning of the second half of Brahma's lifetime of 311 trillion years. I believe but can't find a reference right now that Kalki's appearance at this time is especially notable.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You focus on the world religions, but there's many other prophecies and statements about the New Humanity and New Creation:

The Sybil’s final song concludes at last;
The great Cycle of the ages begins anew.
Justice now returns, and Order reigns.
A New Humanity from heaven now descends,
And on the Earth the New Man now is born.
His coming brings the iron age to its close,
And the age of gold shall rise in all the world.

–Virgil, c. 40 B.C.[1]

Hellbound Serpiente

I just hope end times never happens or is just extremely, EXTREMELY far away. I don't want to see anymore suffering, I've seen enough for one life. I just want peace for myself and others, and may God grant us that

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Almost all religions believe in some kind of 'End of the World' or 'End of the Age' scenario. The time for such a sequence of events seems to be very close now.

Here is a website that tries to summarize the beliefs of the main religions - http://www.judgmentday.info

I personally see all end time events have been fulfilled and God offered the Most Great Peace, we rejected it. We were then told how to obtain the Lesser Peace and in 1912 talks were given in America giving advice such as this;

“But there is a need for a superior power to overcome human prejudices, a power which nothing in the world of mankind can withstand and which will overshadow the effect of all other forces at work in human conditions. That irresistable power is the love of God. It is my hope and prayer that it may destroy the prejudice of this one point of distinction between you and unite you all permanently under its hallowed protection.” (PUP 68) [7] Talk at Hull House, Chicago

Warnings have been given in America about what it will face if predudices and unity were not found.

“Until these prejudices are entirely removed from the people of the world,” he wrote, “the realm of humanity will not find rest. Nay, rather, discord and bloodshed will be increased day by day, and the foundation of the prosperity of the world of man will be destroyed.” “Now is the time for the Americans to take up this matter and unite both the white and colored races. Otherwise, hasten ye towards destruction! Hasten ye toward devastation!” “Indeed, there is a greater danger than only the shedding of blood. It is the destruction of America.” [2] Talk at Home of Mrs. Andrew J. Dyer, Washington D.C.

The end of ages has passed, the dawn of this new day requires urgent action.

Regards Tony

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Someday – whenever the Norns, those inscrutable spinners of fate, decree it – there shall come a Great Winter (Old Norse fimbulvetr, sometimes Anglicized as “Fimbulwinter”) unlike any other the world has yet seen. The biting winds will blow snows from all directions, and the warmth of the sun will fail, plunging the earth into unprecedented cold. This winter shall last for the length of three normal winters, with no summers in between. Mankind will become so desperate for food and other necessities of life that all laws and morals will fall away, leaving only the bare struggle for survival. It will be an age of swords and axes; brother will slay brother, father will slay son, and son will slay father.

The wolves Skoll and Hati, who have hunted the sun and the moon through the skies since the beginning of time, will at last catch their prey. The stars, too, will disappear, leaving nothing but a black void in the heavens. Yggdrasil, the great tree that holds the cosmos together, will tremble, and all the trees and even the mountains will fall to the ground. The chain that has been holding back the monstrous wolf Fenrir will snap, and the beast will run free. Jormungand, the mighty serpent who dwells at the bottom of the ocean and encircles the land, will rise from the depths, spilling the seas over all the earth as he makes landfall.

These convulsions will shake the ship Naglfar (“Nail Ship”[2]) free from its moorings. This ship, which is made from the fingernails and toenails of dead men and women, will sail easily over the flooded earth. Its crew will be an army of giants, the forces of chaos and destruction. And its captain will be none other than Loki, the traitor to the gods, who will have broken free of the chains in which the gods have bound him.

Fenrir, with fire blazing from his eyes and nostrils, will run across the earth, with his lower jaw on the ground and his upper jaw against the top of the sky, devouring everything in his path. Jormungand will spit his venom over all the world, poisoning land, water, and air alike.

The dome of the sky will be split, and from the crack shall emerge the fire-giants from Muspelheim. Their leader shall be Surt, with a flaming sword brighter than the sun in his hand. As they march across Bifrost, the rainbow bridge to Asgard, the home of the gods, the bridge will break and fall behind them. An ominous horn blast will ring out; this will be Heimdall, the divine sentry, blowing the Gjallarhorn to announce the arrival of the moment the gods have feared. Odin will anxiously consult the head of Mimir, the wisest of all beings, for counsel.

The gods will decide to go to battle, even though they know what the prophecies have foretold concerning the outcome of this clash. They will arm themselves and meet their enemies on a battlefield called Vigrid (Old Norse Vígríðr, “Plain Where Battle Surges”[3]).

Odin will fight Fenrir, and by his side will be the einherjar, the host of his chosen human warriors whom he has kept in Valhalla for just this moment. Odin and the champions of men will fight more valiantly than anyone has ever fought before. But it will not be enough. Fenrir will swallow Odin and his men. Then one of Odin’s sons, Vidar, burning with rage, will charge the beast to avenge his father. On one of his feet will be the shoe that has been crafted for this very purpose; it has been made from all the scraps of leather that human shoemakers have ever discarded, and with it Vidar will hold open the monster’s mouth. Then he will stab his sword through the wolf’s throat, killing him.

Another wolf, Garm, and the god Tyr will slay each other. Heimdall and Loki will do the same, putting a final end to the trickster’s treachery, but costing the gods one of their best in the process. The god Freyr and the giant Surt will also be the end of each other. Thor and Jormungand, those age-old foes, will both finally have their chance to kill the other. Thor will succeed in felling the great snake with the blows of his hammer. But the serpent will have covered him in so much venom that he will not be able to stand for much longer; he will take nine paces before falling dead himself and adding his blood to the already-saturated soil of Vigrid.

Then the remains of the world will sink into the sea, and there will be nothing left but the void. Creation and all that has occurred since will be completely undone, as if it had never happened.

Some say that that is the end of the tale – and of all tales, for that matter. But others hold that a new world, green and beautiful, will arise out of the waters. Vidar and a few other gods – Vali, Baldur, Hodr, and Thor’s sons Modi and Magni – will survive the downfall of the old world, and will live joyously in the new one. A man and a woman, Lif and Lifthrasir (Old Norse Líf and Lífþrasir, “Life” and “Striving after Life”[4]), will have hidden themselves from the cataclysm in a place called the “Wood of Hoddmimir” (Hoddmímis holt), and will now come out and populate the lush land in which they will find themselves. A new sun, the daughter of the previous one, will rise in the sky. And all of this will be presided over by a new, almighty ruler.[5] "

This is the story of Ragnorok, the Twilight of the Gods, according to Norse mythology. We haven't hit all their wickets yet, imo.
Ragnarok - Norse Mythology for Smart People

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I just hope end times never happens or is just extremely, EXTREMELY far away. I don't want to see anymore suffering, I've seen enough for one life. I just want peace for myself and others, and may God grant us that
End times are not a cause for despair. In all cases, the belief is that ultimately, after the suffering is over, they lead to a time of peace, happiness and justice.

Nova2216

Will There be a Millennium?

Dave Miller, Ph.D.

(An excerpt)

Many within Christendom are preoccupied with dispensational theology, having embraced the premillennial framework that teaches a coming “rapture,” “tribulation,” “antichrist,” “Armageddon,” and “millennium.” The millennium refers to an alleged thousand-year reign of Christ on Earth in which He will establish a literal, physical kingdom, and rule from Jerusalem. Is a thousand-year reign of Christ on Earth taught in the Word of God? The reader is urged to consider the following observations.

In the first place, several contextual indicators within the book of Revelation militate against the application of the book’s contents to a yet-future time. For example, the events of the book of Revelation were to “shortly take place”—an expression that occurs near the beginning as well as near the end of the book (1:1; 22:6). “Shortly” (en tachei) meant quickly, at once, without delay, soon, in a short time (Arndt and Gingrich, 1957, p. 814). Moffatt gave the meaning as “soon” and noted: “The keynote of the Apocalypse is the cheering assurance that upon God’s part there is no reluctance or delay; His people have not long to wait now” (n.d., 5:335).

Left Behind—or Left Bedazzled? (Part I)

Dave Miller, Ph.D.

Left Behind—or Left Bedazzled? (Part II)

Dave Miller, Ph.D.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just hope end times never happens or is just extremely, EXTREMELY far away.

I think we've been in the end times from the outbreak of WWII until now. We had a world war where the entire world was involved and millions upon millions died. We had millions die due to evil governments like Cambodia. We had a cold war separating the world into two camps where the actions of one person saved the world from nuclear annihilation. Now we're seeing locusts, diseases of all kinds, economic collapse and more all over the world.

End times are not a cause for despair. In all cases, the belief is that ultimately, after the suffering is over, they lead to a time of peace, happiness and justice.

I see signs, faint though they are, that the "winter" we've been living through is on its last legs and that the first hints of those better times are starting to take shape.

energy.jpg

Hellbound Serpiente

I think we've been in the end times from the outbreak of WWII until now. We had a world war where the entire world was involved and millions upon millions died. We had millions die due to evil governments like Cambodia. We had a cold war separating the world into two camps where the actions of one person saved the world from nuclear annihilation. Now we're seeing locusts, diseases of all kinds, economic collapse and more all over the world.

I see signs, faint though they are, that the "winter" we've been living through is on its last legs and that the first hints of those better times are starting to take shape.

View attachment 40406

Amen to that

May these last legs break too

I can't take anymore suffering

Nova2216

The end times or the last days began in (Acts 2:16,17).

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

The Spirit of the Lord was poured out on the Jews in (Acts 2:1-4).

The Spirit of the Lord was poured out on the Gentiles in (Acts 10:45).

Each person is either a Jew or Gentile.

This makes up "all flesh".

The church or kingdom age is the last days or the end times. It began in (Acts 2). Some say the kingdom was not yet established ,but some were in fact placed in the kingdom (or church) according to (Col.1:13) and (Acts 2:38,47).

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

The Saved are located in the kingdom (or church).

There will be no other age on earth.

The Lord said he would dissolve this world (2Peter 3:10,11).

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11.Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved