• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Endless wars

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Afghanistan does not produce oil. It has untapped oil.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I refer to the pipeline not to oil derricks.

Here is the Dirt which sticks to us true or not, so long as we maintain a pipeline in a country that we have invaded: Taliban Oil

Here is Slate struggling to debunk the dirt and failing, because we look bad. We look bad because of this conflict of interest: Is the Afghan war about an oil pipeline?

We need to leave that country, stop spending on it, stop losing people there. If its becomes Russian or some kind of military stronghold then that is not our backyard problem. Right now its **** in our pants. Its like we're some cool Elisha trying to save the day, but there is this Gahazi working for us who undermines our reputation. (2 Kings 5:22)

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
Imo, this war was expansion of what was called 'operation Gladio' creation of endless unaccountable situation that can be turned any direction.

It seems you, Revolt., and Augusta is correct! The wars are unaccountable and can turn in any direction by making different claims of threat etc. In the very old days, older than me I mean, the nations leaders seemed to be a bit more accountable,(maybe more of us voted back then, I dunno) and therefore less likely to lie for self improvement or an evergreen job. (an old army saying meaning a mission or to employ someplace forever'). These days our elected officials seem not to care if they get caught with their nasty fingers in our cookie jar filled with tax payers money. Many if not most politicians run for office not because they want to improve the nation and their citizen's way of life no, its because they get filthy rich with our money. Its nothing less than thievery. The only thing that may stop such iniquitous behavior is to strictly limit terms to two or four years, and a modest pension only if he meets a means test related to his employment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was originally intended to be the military-industrial-congressional complex which accounted for the politician's self-interest, or economic interests of specific districts where companies were based.
Politicians are certainly involved.
I saw them weigh into the A9 vs A10 contract
based upon money for their district.