• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End Times Prophecy

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Bear in mind that that the following is only my probably poor but best attempt to interpret the meaning of the four beasts of Daniel 7, and make the connection with the Beasts of Revelation which represent the same earthly entities, and offer this as no more than something to consider...

The first beast is Babylon (now Iraq)

The second beast is Persia (now Iran)

The third beast with four heads is Greece, Egypt, Assyria (now Syria, Lebanon), and Rome (now Italy)

The fourth beast with a head of ten horns is present day western Europe (the ten horns are ten prime nations that make it up, England, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Austria).

Now consider in Daniel 7:8 “I considered the (ten) horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.”

Now prior to becoming a single nation, the present land that now constitutes the mainland US states once belonged to three of the horns of the fourth beast, Spain, France and England (see map below). As we know from history, the three big horns were sent packing, and the little horn went on to dominate the them and the rest of the horns. After the second world war the little horn became leader (militarily) of all of western Europe....until now! The little horn is the USA/President.

map1750.gif

Now these four phases of history of the beasts of Daniel that lead up to the present time are described using different metaphors in other chapters, so for example, the last 'kingdom' of the beast with ten horns led by the the little horn is the kingdom of iron mixed with miry clay of Chapter two, and the King of the North of Chapter 11, etc.. And again, a different metaphor is used in Book of Revelations for the last beast, it is the seventh head, that did not yet exist at that time of John, of a seven headed beast, and the little horn of Daniel is described in Revelation as a beast having two little horns (two party US democracy - Reps. and Dems.) like a lamb, but spoke like a dragon..,the USA. Also note, the 'image' of the USA democratic government system has been forced on many of the states it has conquered and has persuaded others to adopt uses aspects of governmental rule created by two of the heads of the third beast of Daniel (ancient Greek Republic Democracy, and Roman Senate).

The last point of interest for now is the end of Daniel Chapter 11 (Verse 45), because that fulfils the prophecy of Daniel and it is here that the last Beast will 'run out of time' coincident with the events described in Chapter 12. Now that which is set up between Jerusalem and the sea is the Zionist state of Israel. It was set up by the Beast/King of the North through the United Nations in 1948. One of the horns of the Beast (Britain) had already ruled the area as a mandate from the League of Nations and now stood aside to allow the Beast/King of the North to take possession.

I might add, that I personally think the situation in Syria as we speak could well develop to be the trigger for something of Daniel/Revelation prophetic end time proportions.

idea

Question Everything
The first beast is Babylon (now Iraq)

The second beast is Persia (now Iran)

The third beast with four heads is Greece, Egypt, Assyria (now Syria, Lebanon), and Rome (now Italy)

The fourth beast with a head of ten horns is present day western Europe (the ten horns are ten prime nations that make it up, England, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Austria).

agree - Old Testament Seminary Student Study Guide Daniel 7

Now consider in Daniel 7:8 “I considered the (ten) horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.”

Now prior to becoming a single nation, the present land that now constitutes the mainland US states once belonged to three of the horns of the fourth beast, Spain, France and England (see map below). As we know from history, the three big horns were sent packing, and the little horn went on to dominate the them and the rest of the horns. After the second world war the little horn became leader (militarily) of all of western Europe....until now! The little horn is the USA/President.

map1750.gif

Now these four phases of history of the beasts of Daniel that lead up to the present time are described using different metaphors in other chapters, so for example, the last 'kingdom' of the beast with ten horns led by the the little horn is the kingdom of iron mixed with miry clay of Chapter two, and the King of the North of Chapter 11, etc.. And again, a different metaphor is used in Book of Revelations for the last beast, it is the seventh head, that did not yet exist at that time of John, of a seven headed beast, and the little horn of Daniel is described in Revelation as a beast having two little horns (two party US democracy - Reps. and Dems.) like a lamb, but spoke like a dragon..,the USA. Also note, the 'image' of the USA democratic government system has been forced on many of the states it has conquered and has persuaded others to adopt uses aspects of governmental rule created by two of the heads of the third beast of Daniel (ancient Greek Republic Democracy, and Roman Senate).

The last point of interest for now is the end of Daniel Chapter 11 (Verse 45), because that fulfils the prophecy of Daniel and it is here that the last Beast will 'run out of time' coincident with the events described in Chapter 12. Now that which is set up between Jerusalem and the sea is the Zionist state of Israel. It was set up by the Beast/King of the North through the United Nations in 1948. One of the horns of the Beast (Britain) had already ruled the area as a mandate from the League of Nations and now stood aside to allow the Beast/King of the North to take possession.

I might add, that I personally think the situation in Syria as we speak could well develop to be the trigger for something of Daniel/Revelation prophetic end time proportions.

interesting. I'm not sure how much longer we have before the second coming, but things are certainly gearing towards it.

If there is to be a second coming, then we are inevitiably getting closer to it, whether these are the signs or not. But what will happen?

idea

Question Everything
If there is to be a second coming, then we are inevitiably getting closer to it, whether these are the signs or not. But what will happen?

(Guide to the Scriptures | S Second Coming of Jesus Christ.:Entry)
At the beginning of the Millennial Era, Christ will return to the earth. This event will mark the end of the mortal probation of this earth. The wicked will be removed from the earth and the righteous will be caught up in a cloud while the earth is cleansed. While no man knows exactly when Christ will come for the second time, he has given us signs to watch for that indicate the time is drawing near"

Mathew chapter 24 is a good place to start reading about what will happen...

here's a short lesson: http://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-pr...ing?lang=eng&query=prophecies+"second+coming"

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

There is the composite 'sign' with many features or events associated with it listed at Matthew chapter 24 and Luke chapter 21.

Matthew [25 vs 31,32] will happen. There will be a separation before the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over earth when Jesus ushers in global peace on earth toward men of goodwill.

Revelation chapters 17 and 18 show the 'political kings' or earth's rulers will turn on the 'religious queen' [Rev. 18 v 7] or the world's false global religious sector for playing false to God and his Word.

In the past when even God's own people played false to him then God used the political/military world as his long arm of the law to carry out his justice against them.

The United Nations today sees a hauntingly dangerous religious climate brewing such as religious terrorism. With backing the UN can be strengthened to become God's modern-day long arm of the law to carry out his justice against those that have run afoul proving religiously false to God.

Then Jesus, by the words from his mouth, Jesus will do away with the wicked.
-Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,14,15; Psalm 92 v 7

The wicked will be gone and the upright will remain. Proverbs 2 vs 21,22
Then the humble meek will inherit the earth forever.- Psalm 37 vs 11,29.

There is the composite 'sign' with many features or events associated with it listed at Matthew chapter 24 and Luke chapter 21.

Matthew [25 vs 31,32] will happen. There will be a separation before the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over earth when Jesus ushers in global peace on earth toward men of goodwill.

Revelation chapters 17 and 18 show the 'political kings' or earth's rulers will turn on the 'religious queen' [Rev. 18 v 7] or the world's false global religious sector for playing false to God and his Word.

In the past when even God's own people played false to him then God used the political/military world as his long arm of the law to carry out his justice against them.

The United Nations today sees a hauntingly dangerous religious climate brewing such as religious terrorism. With backing the UN can be strengthened to become God's modern-day long arm of the law to carry out his justice against those that have run afoul proving religiously false to God.

Then Jesus, by the words from his mouth, Jesus will do away with the wicked.
-Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,14,15; Psalm 92 v 7

The wicked will be gone and the upright will remain. Proverbs 2 vs 21,22
Then the humble meek will inherit the earth forever.- Psalm 37 vs 11,29.
What I find very interesting is that there is no mention of a specific group being saved, but those worthy. What is your take on that? Can you be worthy and not a Christian?

Bob Dixon

>implying
Claiming a Jewish Hebrew text from, like, 500 B.C. is talking about North America in 2012 A.D., eh?

Umm...

What're you doing?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
(Guide to the Scriptures | S Second Coming of Jesus Christ.:Entry)
At the beginning of the Millennial Era, Christ will return to the earth. This event will mark the end of the mortal probation of this earth. The wicked will be removed from the earth and the righteous will be caught up in a cloud while the earth is cleansed. While no man knows exactly when Christ will come for the second time, he has given us signs to watch for that indicate the time is drawing near"

Mathew chapter 24 is a good place to start reading about what will happen...

Not meaning the righteous ones in general, but Jesus spiritual 'brothers' will be caught up. -1st Cor. 15 v 50; Matthew 25 v 40.
Jesus was caught up [Acts 1 v 9] when the resurrected Jesus ascended up to heaven.
The 'sheep' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 are Not caught up but remain on earth as earthly subjects of God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus. -Psalm 72 v 8

The humble 'sheep'-like ones are the ones who come out [alive] out of the great tribulation of Matthew 24 v 21; Revelation 7 v 14.
They are delivered alive, saved alive, rescued alive, right into the start of Jesus messianic 1000-year reign over earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What I find very interesting is that there is no mention of a specific group being saved, but those worthy. What is your take on that? Can you be worthy and not a Christian?

In Matthew [25 vs 31,32,40] there are two groups out of three being 'saved'.
Jesus spiritual 'brothers' of verse 40 [1st Cor 15 v 50] saved, and the 'sheep' of verse 32.
Saved, rescued, delivered through the great tribulation. -Rev. 7 v 14.

Since the ones 'saved' alive are mentioned as not being able to count them
[Rev. 7 vs 9,10], then we know since Jesus is judge [Isaiah 11 vs 3,4] that no one judged as innocent will be harmed. - Rev. 19 vs 11,15.

Since the good news of God's kingdom is being spread world wide today. [Matthew 24 v 14], then how a person responds to that would be a good indicator of how Jesus will judge. Also, how the 'sheep' and 'goats' treat Jesus 'brothers' of Matt 25 v40 would also be a basis for Jesus judgment.

In Matthew [25 vs 31,32,40] there are two groups out of three being 'saved'.
Jesus spiritual 'brothers' of verse 40 [1st Cor 15 v 50] saved, and the 'sheep' of verse 32.
Saved, rescued, delivered through the great tribulation. -Rev. 7 v 14.

Since the ones 'saved' alive are mentioned as not being able to count them
[Rev. 7 vs 9,10], then we know since Jesus is judge [Isaiah 11 vs 3,4] that no one judged as innocent will be harmed. - Rev. 19 vs 11,15.

Since the good news of God's kingdom is being spread world wide today. [Matthew 24 v 14], then how a person responds to that would be a good indicator of how Jesus will judge. Also, how the 'sheep' and 'goats' treat Jesus 'brothers' of Matt 25 v40 would also be a basis for Jesus judgment.
In other words: it is anyone Jesus says.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

Imho yes, the worthiness of souls does not depend on belonging to an elect religious sect, it is based on the purity of the soul.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Imho yes, the worthiness of souls does not depend on belonging to an elect religious sect, it is based on the purity of the soul.

At Matthew [25 vs 31,32,37, 40] 'worthiness' was being counted as being 'righteous' by Jesus using the basis to judge the sheep and the goats by how they treated Jesus 'brothers' who are alive on earth at that judgment time before the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.

arthra

Baha'i
Bearing in mind this is all conjecture...

"The fourth beast with a head of ten horns is present day western Europe "

I suspect this has been around for awhile at least since the formation of the European Common Market.. but why the leap from the middle east to Europe and America?

Doesn't seem to me to be very likely..

Chapter 13 of the Book of Revelation:

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a
beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and
ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon
his heads the name of blasphemy.

Would it be more likely the events prophecied would still be centered in the middle east?

For centuries the power that held sway there (the Middle East) was the Umayyad Caliphate.

Who were the ten horns?

Likely the names of the Caliphs of the Umayyads:

"There were fifteen commanders and chiefs of the Bani-Umayya,
beginning with Abu-Sufyan and ending with Marwan II.

They were:

Abu-Sufyan, Mu'awiya I, Yazid I, Mu'awiya II, Marwan I, 'Abd
al-Malik, al-Walid I, Sulayman, 'Umar II, Yazid II, Hisham,
al-Walid II, Yazid III, Ibrahim, and Marwan II.

But several of
these names were repeated. There were Mu'awiya, Yazid, Marwan,
and al-Walid. Thus there were only ten names of rulers."

From a book by Robert Riggs "Apocalypse Unsealed"