• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'End of virginity' if women drive, Saudi cleric warns

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
We (being me and Me Myself) have already discussed in another thread on this topic how women driving will not only cause all virginity to cease, but also women being free causes earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. When women can have their own identities, their own freedoms, their own lives, why, that's just Armageddon waiting to happen. All hell will break loose, and the gods will come down and smite us verily. :D :p

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
It's kinda like the Fundamentalists who use to Bible to say women shouldn't wear pants as though it were the 11th commandment

A

angellous_evangellous

One just has to wonder if "virginity" here means "modesty."

Me Myself

Back to my username
Apparently, the virginity of males is not as much of a concern...
Pul-eeS! How would we lose our virginity to something like this :rolleyes: :

images

.....WAIT! O.O

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I think the notion is that if the women aren't under lock and key of their husbands/male family and had freedom to drive places that they'd suddenly turn to all sorts of nasty debauchery. You know, because we can't be trusted to make our own decisions; and we're wicked nasty temptresses without fail.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think the notion is that if the women aren't under lock and key of their husbands/male family and had freedom to drive places that they'd suddenly turn to all sorts of nasty debauchery. You know, because we can't be trusted to make our own decisions; and we're wicked nasty temptresses without fail.

You sound wise, are you sure you are not a male? Never heard you talking about cooking.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
There were fears about the automobile causing a huge rise in promiscuity and pre-marital relations since its invention.

The automobile and American life - John Alfred Heitmann - Google Books

I remember my Greek Orthodox priest neighbor telling me this same thing at a neighborhood dinner a few years back. I don't think he was too far off...

How was he right? I'm not seeing it in the (fascinating) article. Some people had sex in cars, most had sex in homes. Most of the article talked about other kinds of changes the automobile brought.