• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of Days - Is the Islamic Mahdi the Bible's Anti Christ?

Sully

It is alarming to compare the descriptions of the Anti-Christ with Islam's messiah the Mahdi.

Here are some of the characteristics of the Biblical end of days followed by the Islamic end days.They are essentially opposite of one another:

1. "The Anti Christ (Lawless One, Son of Perdition etc...) will change the laws, days and times..."
    The Mahdi (Islamic Messiah) would lead a global Islamic Caliphate and implement Sheria Law. Islam has its own calendar and would supplant the Western Gregorian Calendar and the week would change because the day of prayer is Friday instead of the Judeo-Christian Sabath (Sat/Sun)

2. "The Believers in the Anti Christ will behead many of the Saints (Christians)
    Revelation, Chapter 20, verse 4..." I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for there belief in Jesus Christ and the Word of God..."
    John- Chapter 16 verses 1-4, Jesus says...In fact a time is coming that anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do this because they have not know the Father or me. I have told you this so you remember and remember that I warned you.

3. Bible: The Anti Christ is an unparalleled political, military and religious leader that will appear in the End Times.
    Islam: The Mahdi (Islamic Messiah) is an unparalleled political, military and religious leader.
  4. Bible: The False Prophet is a secondary figure that will emerge in the last days who will support the Anti-Christ
    Islam: The Islamic Jesus is a secondary figure that will emerge in the last days and will support the Mahdi.

5. Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will have a powerful army that will do great damage to the earth in an effort to subdue every nation of the earth.
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will have a powerful army that will attempt to subdue the world's nations.
  6. Bible:The False Prophet is described as a Dragon in Lambs clothing. One can see how coming in the name of Jesus would be the ultimate deception
    Islam: Muslim Jesus comes to murder all those who does not convert to Islam.

7. Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will implement a new world order
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus establish a new world order.

8. Bible The Anti Christ and False Prophet will both be powerful religious leaders that will attempt to impose a world religion
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will institute Islam as the only religion on earth
  9. Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will execute anyone who does not submit to their religion
    Islam:The Mahdi and Islamic Jesus will behead anyone who does not submit to Islam

10. Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will have a specific agenda to kill as many Jews as possible
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will kill as many Jews as possible until only a few are left hiding behind rocks and trees.

11. Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will attack and conquer Jerusalem.
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will attack and conquer Jerusalem.

12. Bible: The Anti Christ and the False Prophet will set themselves up in Jerusalem / Temple Mount as his seat of authority.
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will set themselves up in Jerusalem making it the headquarters of the Islamic Caliphate

13. Bible: The False Prophet is set to do many miracles and to deceive the people into supporting the Anti Christ,
    Islam: The Mahdi is said to be able to bring fire down from the heavens and control the weather. Also his face is said to glow

14. Bible: The Anti Christ is said to make a peace treaty with Israel for 7 years and then break it in 3.5 years.
    Islam: The Mahdi is said to make a peace treaty through a Jew of the lineage of Aaron.

15. Bible: Jesus will return to protect the Jews from a vast coalition of nations led by the Anti Christ and False Prophet
    Islam The Dajahl (Islamic Anti Christ) will gain a great Jewish following and claim to be Jesus Christ and fight against the Mahdi and Islamic Jesus

Read The Islamic Anti Christ and The Middle East Beast for a more comprehensive study on this topic

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
No, Donald Trump is probably the anti Christ. And of course the Islamic Jesus is the same as the Christian Jesus. You just want to hurry up and destroy the earth, don't you, The Madhi and Jesus will bring peace to the earth IMHO.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
It is alarming to compare the descriptions of the Anti-Christ with Islam's messiah the Mahdi.

Here are some of the characteristics of the Biblical end of days followed by the Islamic end days.They are essentially opposite of one another:
  1. Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will have a specific agenda to kill as many Jews as possible
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will kill as many Jews as possible until only a few are left hiding behind rocks and trees.

2. Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will attack and conquer Jerusalem.
    Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will attack and conquer Jerusalem.

3. Bible: The Anti Christ and the False Prophet will set themselves up in Jerusalem / Temple Mount as his seat of authority.
If that's the case, the Church has already established itself as the anti-Christ long ago.

cocolia42

Mahdi is not the Messiah. Jesus is the Messiah. "[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah ]." (3:45)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
popcorn-eating-smiley-face-1444575.png

Lyndon

Premium Member
Well we have an anti Christ, Donald Trump, that must mean the true Christ is not far away IMHO

Pastek

Sunni muslim
The problem is that you say Antichrist and Mahdi will work hand in hand, except that muslims believe in the coming of the anti-christ first .
So it's impossible the Mahdi follows the anti-christ and reign with him while we now that the real Messiah (Jesus) will come after.

Bible: The False Prophet is set to do many miracles and to deceive the people into supporting the Anti Christ,
Islam: The Mahdi is said to be able to bring fire down from the heavens and control the weather. Also his face is said to glow

Don't know from where you take this...

Sully

There is one Jesus...

This is the great deception. My understanding it is the Islamic belief that Jesus never died on the cross but was carried to heaven (much like Elijiah). Muslims believe he will return again to support the Mahdi and destroy the Church. Muslims believe he will return to break crosses, dispute that he was deity and convert Christians to Islam. If they do not convert he will behead them.

Obviously... I don't believe that. My point is that a person will work alongside the Anti Christ (Mahdii) and claim to be Jesus. This will deceive a great many people (just as biblical prophecy predicts) and many will convert (sadly)...this is the Great Tribulation and will last for 3.5 years. (It is interesting that the Mahdi will rule for 7 years and the Biblical Anti Christ will rule for 7 years). The Mahdi will be the Anti Christ .

After the the Great Tribulation Christians believe the real Christ Jesus will return and usher in the millennium.

Tumah- I didn't understand your statement.
If that's the case, the Church has already established itself as the anti-Christ long ago.

Please expand your thinking so I understand. I don't dispute the Church has done vile things in the past (i.e., Crusades, Inquisition etc...) which were evil and non biblical. Every religion has its religious zealots which do horrible things in the name of God. Why I started this string is Islam is unique in its desire to rule the world and convert everyone to Islam and impose Sheria Law...which strikes me as very end times....

Lyndon

Premium Member
Au Contraire its a lot of your fellow fundamentalist Christian nut jobs that want to take over the world, and kill all the Muslims IMHO

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There is one Jesus...

This is the great deception. My understanding it is the Islamic belief that Jesus never died on the cross but was carried to heaven (much like Elijiah). Muslims believe he will return again to support the Mahdi and destroy the Church. Muslims believe he will return to break crosses, dispute that he was deity and convert Christians to Islam. If they do not convert he will behead them.

Obviously... I don't believe that. My point is that a person will work alongside the Anti Christ (Mahdii) and claim to be Jesus. This will deceive a great many people (just as biblical prophecy predicts) and many will convert (sadly)...this is the Great Tribulation and will last for 3.5 years. (It is interesting that the Mahdi will rule for 7 years and the Biblical Anti Christ will rule for 7 years). The Mahdi will be the Anti Christ .

After the the Great Tribulation Christians believe the real Christ Jesus will return and usher in the millennium.

Tumah- I didn't understand your statement.

Please expand your thinking so I understand. I don't dispute the Church has done vile things in the past (i.e., Crusades, Inquisition etc...) which were evil and non biblical. Every religion has its religious zealots which do horrible things in the name of God. Why I started this string is Islam is unique in its desire to rule the world and convert everyone to Islam and impose Sheria Law...which strikes me as very end times....

Which will return the son or the father or both will fight the Anti Christ (Mahdi as you think)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Islam's messiah of the end times is not Al-Mahdi; it is Jesus Christ. Al-Mahdi is a mere leader of Muslims, whereas Jesus is a divinely guided messiah who will be the only one to defeat the Antichrist.

1. "The Anti Christ (Lawless One, Son of Perdition etc...) will change the laws, days and times..."
    The Mahdi (Islamic Messiah) would lead a global Islamic Caliphate and implement Sheria Law. Islam has its own calendar and would supplant the Western Gregorian Calendar and the week would change because the day of prayer is Friday instead of the Judeo-Christian Sabath (Sat/Sun)
This is an assumption based on a purely Christian perspective that considers Christianity the "default" religion, though. From other religions' perspectives, Christian laws and the Christian calendar aren't all that special.

"The Believers in the Anti Christ will behead many of the Saints (Christians)
  1. Revelation, Chapter 20, verse 4..." I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for there belief in Jesus Christ and the Word of God..."
    John- Chapter 16 verses 1-4, Jesus says...In fact a time is coming that anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do this because they have not know the Father or me. I have told you this so you remember and remember that I warned you.
Really? Where does the Qur'an say that Al-Mahdi's followers will behead Christians?

Bible: The Anti Christ is an unparalleled political, military and religious leader that will appear in the End Times.
  1. Islam: The Mahdi (Islamic Messiah) is an unparalleled political, military and religious leader.
The same error as above: the Islamic messiah of the end times is Jesus, not Al-Mahdi.

Bible: The False Prophet is a secondary figure that will emerge in the last days who will support the Anti-Christ
  1. Islam: The Islamic Jesus is a secondary figure that will emerge in the last days and will support the Mahdi.
Jesus is not a "secondary figure" in Islamic theology about the end times; he is arguably the central and most exalted figure in said theology.

Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will have a powerful army that will do great damage to the earth in an effort to subdue every nation of the earth.
  1. Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will have a powerful army that will attempt to subdue the world's nations.
Sources?

Bible:The False Prophet is described as a Dragon in Lambs clothing. One can see how coming in the name of Jesus would be the ultimate deception
  1. Islam: Muslim Jesus comes to murder all those who does not convert to Islam.
Sources?

Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will implement a new world order
  1. Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus establish a new world order.
What do you mean by "new world order"?

Bible The Anti Christ and False Prophet will both be powerful religious leaders that will attempt to impose a world religion
  1. Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will institute Islam as the only religion on earth
How is that different from Christendom's attempts to impose Christianity and make it the leading world religion since... forever?

Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will execute anyone who does not submit to their religion
  1. Islam:The Mahdi and Islamic Jesus will behead anyone who does not submit to Islam
Sources?

Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will have a specific agenda to kill as many Jews as possible
  1. Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will kill as many Jews as possible until only a few are left hiding behind rocks and trees.
Okay, there is at least one hadith about that, but is one hadith enough for you to conclude that Al-Mahdi is the Biblical Antichrist?

Bible: The Anti Christ and False Prophet will attack and conquer Jerusalem.
  1. Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will attack and conquer Jerusalem.
Actually, according to mainstream Islamic beliefs, Jesus will descend in Jerusalem. Does it count as "attacking" when you're already inside the city?

Bible: The Anti Christ and the False Prophet will set themselves up in Jerusalem / Temple Mount as his seat of authority.
  1. Islam: The Mahdi and Muslim Jesus will set themselves up in Jerusalem making it the headquarters of the Islamic Caliphate
Sources?

Bible: The False Prophet is set to do many miracles and to deceive the people into supporting the Anti Christ,
  1. Islam: The Mahdi is said to be able to bring fire down from the heavens and control the weather. Also his face is said to glow
Sources?

Bible: The Anti Christ is said to make a peace treaty with Israel for 7 years and then break it in 3.5 years.
  1. Islam: The Mahdi is said to make a peace treaty through a Jew of the lineage of Aaron.
Sources? (This is getting repetitive.)

Bible: Jesus will return to protect the Jews from a vast coalition of nations led by the Anti Christ and False Prophet
  1. Islam The Dajahl (Islamic Anti Christ) will gain a great Jewish following and claim to be Jesus Christ and fight against the Mahdi and Islamic Jesus

Why couldn't it be that the Biblical Jesus is the Antichrist and the false prophet? Or are you saying the Islamic Jesus is the false one just because your interpretation of the Bible says so without any evidence to back up that claim?

Read The Islamic Anti Christ and The Middle East Beast for a more comprehensive study on this topic

Um... thanks for the recommendation. The above claims you cited don't give me a good impression of that book if they're from it, though.

Sully

Islam's messiah of the end times is not Al-Mahdi; it is Jesus Christ. Al-Mahdi is a mere leader of Muslims, whereas Jesus is a divinely guided messiah who will be the only one to defeat the Antichrist.

This is an assumption based on a purely Christian perspective that considers Christianity the "default" religion, though. From other religions' perspectives, Christian laws and the Christian calendar aren't all that special.

Really? Where does the Qur'an say that Al-Mahdi's followers will behead Christians?

The same error as above: the Islamic messiah of the end times is Jesus, not Al-Mahdi.

Jesus is not a "secondary figure" in Islamic theology about the end times; he is arguably the central and most exalted figure in said theology.

Sources?

Sources?

How is that different from Christendom's attempts to impose Christianity and make it the leading world religion since... forever?

Sources?

Okay, there is at least one hadith about that, but is one hadith enough for you to conclude that Al-Mahdi is the Biblical Antichrist?

Actually, according to mainstream Islamic beliefs, Jesus will descend in Jerusalem. Does it count as "attacking" when you're already inside the city?

Sources?

Sources?

Why couldn't it be that the Biblical Jesus is the Antichrist and the false prophet? Or are you saying the Islamic Jesus is the false one just because your interpretation of the Bible says so without any evidence to back up that claim?

Um... thanks for the recommendation. The above claims you cited don't give me a good impression of that book if they're from it, though.

Sully

That is why I started this string to discuss it. Thank you for your thoughts!

I do believe that the Hadith clearly states that the Madhi is greater in stature. He will ask the Islamic Jesus to give the prayer and the Islamic Jesus decline and take his place below the Madhi thus demonstrating his lesser status. The Islamic Jesus according to the Hadith goes on the live a normal life, marry and have children. My understanding was the Madhi was the preemiment one...but I am a truck driver that is just an avid reader and obviously Christian. I appreciate your thoughts

Sully

Au Contraire its you and your fellow fundamentalist Christian nut jobs that want to take over the world, and kill all the Muslims IMHO
I don't think my arguments are Ad Hominem attacks on your character. Please keep it civil and let's honestly discuss our differences on scripture and the differences of our faiths.

Sully

Sources?

Sources?

Sources?

Sources?

Sources?

Sully

I will pull the sources and add them ...I just wanted to get the conversation started. Most of the end times readings I did were in the Hadith and comparing them to the Bibles Books of Daniel, Revelation and John. I will pull the specific verses ...I tried to read the interpreters that (my understanding) were considered the most reliable Hadith interpreters. I am a truck driver not a scholar but I am interested in reviewing the differences in our faiths. Some aspects of Islam concern me...that is why I started the string... but I hope these discussions will quash those concerns. For the most part the Muslims I have met are lovely, generous and family oriented and place their God at the center of their lives which I respect and appreciate.