• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End/beginning scenario

King Phenomenon

What’s your motive? To genuinely share a cute story or to ‘enlighten’ me as to what’s important? Haha
Or to ‘enlighten’ while
Actually humans will not survive on earth for that long. By a billion years, sun turning into a 'red giant' will make earth so hot that all water will evaporate. And who can guarantee the survival of humans for a billion years. The Homo species have had a very short life span till now.Actually Salix has made a very profound statement. What we perceive is only an illusion - 'maya'. Realize the reality and the universe disappears (at least in Salix's and my view point (Advaita Hinduism).
i don’t buy into red giants

Irate State

Äkta människor
What could make this world disappear and a new one reappear? Could it be the death of a living messiah? “A chosen one”? A god manifest? Or are spiritually miraculous things only reserved as fantasy’s and metaphors in old dusty books?

Fantasy, with a dash of apocalyptic thought.

Clara Tea

What could make this world disappear and a new one reappear? Could it be the death of a living messiah? “A chosen one”? A god manifest? Or are spiritually miraculous things only reserved as fantasy’s and metaphors in old dusty books?

The alpha and the omega (mentioned in the bible) refer to the beginning and the end. I presume, they are talking about the beginning and end of the universe.

We know that space is expanding. We know that there are parts of the universe that are expanding away from each other faster than the speed of light, and we cannot know what that mass is doing because no light from it reaches us (it is literally outpacing light). Since gravitational fields also travel at the speed of light, I presume that we are outpacing gravitational fields, too.

But, is it possible that the parts of the universe that we can't see might somehow wrap around in time and space and rejoin the beginning (at the big bang)?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In a galaxy far far away?