• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Encounters In NYC

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It seems there are more poor folk in Harlem (where I'm staying).
One hit me up for money.
I ignored him.
He said that I "must hate black people".
This didn't inspire me to pay him attention or money.

That didn't happen in the fancy pants areas of Manhattan.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There was a gay pride parade in NYC.
Many guys dressed almost as flamboyantly as I normally do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is the "milestone" art work I saw....
l.jpg

(Pix are easier to deal with now that I have a PC.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is the "milestone" art work I saw....
l.jpg

(Pix are easier to deal with now that I have a PC.)

Maybe it's symbolic of the big blackouts they've had in NYC, to illustrate just how dependent society is on electricity. Someone could just pull out the plug and leave us all in darkness.

This is one of those works of art which requires the ingestion of hallucinogens to be able to understand the deeper meanings.

"Like...wow, man...it's like...totally light."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe it's symbolic of the big blackouts they've had in NYC, to illustrate just how dependent society is on electricity. Someone could just pull out the plug and leave us all in darkness.

This is one of those works of art which requires the ingestion of hallucinogens to be able to understand the deeper meanings.

"Like...wow, man...it's like...totally light."
But clearly, the meaning is really too deep for me

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I encountered a HUGE dinosaur at the museum on natural history.....also encountered a fairly overweight gentleman sitting on a fire hydrant, without his shirt on, giving himself a dirt bath, with the things he was pulling out of the gutter, in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Had another encounter in NYC in front of Rockefeller Center. All I will say is it is not everyday you come across a man about 6'6" tall in full makeup and dress of Carmen Miranda, much like the picture below, just without the hat and with a buzz cut

8151f0ead10e61046180665d86e8a928.jpg