• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Encounters In NYC

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the Cooper Hewitt Museum.....
Display from a feminist decolonial marine science laboratory in Canuckistan.

It never occurred to me that such specialization was needed. Perhaps @Wirey can explain why Newfies have this perspective, eh?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In The Met was a “Milestone” work (by Dan Flavin, 1963) in the modern art world....
A single fluorescent light mounted diagonally on a wall.

Apparently, such revolutionary minimalist thought is highly significant in the world of social X-rays. Life changed forever.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In the Cooper Hewitt Museum.....
Display from a feminist decolonial marine science laboratory in Canuckistan.

It never occurred to me that such specialization was needed. Perhaps @Wirey can explain why Newfies have this perspective, eh?

Do you have a link or a pic of this display?

Terry Sampson

In the Cooper Hewitt Museum.....Display from a feminist decolonial marine science laboratory in Canuckistan

Until my interpreter arrives who may be able to tell me (a) what a decolonial marine science laboratory is and (b) what viable alternatives to being a decolonial laboratory are, I'm at a lost for words.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Dan+flavin+the+diagonal+of+May+25,+1963.jpg

Very moving. And look . . . there's more:

https://www.bing.com

In The Met was a “Milestone” work (by Dan Flavin, 1963) in the modern art world....
A single fluorescent light mounted diagonally on a wall.

Apparently, such revolutionary minimalist thought is highly significant in the world of social X-rays. Life changed forever.

MoMA had not one, but two completely blank canvases amongst their collection. One was called 'red bird', not sure about the other.

Red bird:

red-bird-by-agnes-martin-0017.jpg

(interestingly, Google suggested 'image may be subject to copyright', in which case I'm ****ed as many of my walls may breach 'fair usage' of this particular IP)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
MoMA had not one, but two completely blank canvases amongst their collection. One was called 'red bird', not sure about the other.

Red bird:

(interestingly, Google suggested 'image may be subject to copyright', in which case I'm ****ed as many of my walls may breach 'fair usage' of this particular IP)
I find Red Bird to be derivative.

Darkforbid

Red bird:

Why do you think he named it Red Bird? Red Bird,,,, easy spot, maybe. Who was the artist?

Darkforbid

Yes I suppose: that eye searching for interest on vast expansive wall feeling, draw to it, not finding. Your focus dancing around the edges.