• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Empowering Ourselves to Global Vision

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I put this in the general debate section, not that it needs to be debated, but it will indeed bring about a lot of clashes of differing opinions. As such, I do not want to restrict comments by putting this elsewhere.

Reflecting on my time here at RF and the demises I have faced fro my own postings and of posters gone before, who's names now do not appear on the list of posters, a light came on.

I see as a poster here, my posts in many ways have not upheld the standards that I dearly hold to and thus one is forced to ask self, how can this be so? How is it that with such noble goals, how can ones own standards fail to reflect ones own words?

So this is the changed me, I have taken on board what a lot have said and if you can see the change happening, that all of you have been making, then thank you, if you are yet to see the change you hoped for, then I apologize and then ask of you, is it all me?

I now see change does not come about by what a person has accepted as Faith, it comes about when each of us sees a need to change and that need is first practiced by our own selves.

So this thread is about that, it is about empowering our own selves to aid in the change we see the world may require. In doing that it is obvious we are not all going to see eye to eye in what change is needed, of if indeed any change is needed. From what I see posted, I see most would agree change is needed.

So my first thought is if I see that we must think globally but act locally, that we need to share with family and community before we can share on a grander scale, how can do I do this, no matter what is my Faith, or no if I have no Faith. I see I fist and foremost, that I must change my life to acheive this on a local level. Then I can ask have I and give an honest answer. No I have not achieved this fully in my community, but it is something I always work towards and the community do know that.

So here we go, this is about empowering our own selves to create a vision of a humanity that can share a unity that will build a safe and prosperous future for generations to come. Thus within or without any Faith, as a person with choices;

"What can each of us do to change ourselves to reflect what we would like to see happen on a global scale?

This was one way it was seen it could happen - Think Globally and Act Locally ...

Also, lets see where we go, "do you see that this could also help our RF Community."

Regards Tony

Reactions: Jim

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The goal is as important as the journey. For me my ideal goal for humanity is for us all to know virtues and thus know love itself. There are a lot of meanings in virtues; words describing good character, I have found about 100 or so.

It might take a thousand lifetimes to perfect virtues in my own life. I can't reasonably expect all people would take such a journey. I think most people live within circle's of people that are familiar to them. Its quite another level of goodness to reach out and try to help those that we don't know. And I see that does happen here and there.

Evil potentiality is a monkey wrench in everything good people try to do. However I do dream that one day it will be human nature to live to help those in need. My ideal of life is that it's about helping others that makes life worth living. Ideals are great, but reality has powers with other things in mind besides helping all people to be more.

If heaven exists then its priority #1 is that we are here to help all people be more and grow in virtue and in love.

I think the current reality of human nature is that it can grow in virtue, or choose to go quite the other way. If there were no evil then all humans would be living for each other's good as ourselves. That's the high standard of goodness to me.

As it is we live tribally under rules and systems that seek to maximize self gain and exploit every resource available for vain glory. The flip side is that there are a lot of good programs, and community building programs that do exist.

I think every journey is one small step at a time. If we work on ourselves to be more, and do more for the greatest good then so long as we improve within then we might make positive effects on other people. To improve within we must have clear inspiration in our ultimate goals for ourselves and for others as they choose their own path in life.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I put this in the general debate section, not that it needs to be debated, but it will indeed bring about a lot of clashes of differing opinions. As such, I do not want to restrict comments by putting this elsewhere.

Reflecting on my time here at RF and the demises I have faced fro my own postings and of posters gone before, who's names now do not appear on the list of posters, a light came on.

I see as a poster here, my posts in many ways have not upheld the standards that I dearly hold to and thus one is forced to ask self, how can this be so? How is it that with such noble goals, how can ones own standards fail to reflect ones own words?

So this is the changed me, I have taken on board what a lot have said and if you can see the change happening, that all of you have been making, then thank you, if you are yet to see the change you hoped for, then I apologize and then ask of you, is it all me?

I now see change does not come about by what a person has accepted as Faith, it comes about when each of us sees a need to change and that need is first practiced by our own selves.

So this thread is about that, it is about empowering our own selves to aid in the change we see the world may require. In doing that it is obvious we are not all going to see eye to eye in what change is needed, of if indeed any change is needed. From what I see posted, I see most would agree change is needed.

So my first thought is if I see that we must think globally but act locally, that we need to share with family and community before we can share on a grander scale, how can do I do this, no matter what is my Faith, or no if I have no Faith. I see I fist and foremost, that I must change my life to acheive this on a local level. Then I can ask have I and give an honest answer. No I have not achieved this fully in my community, but it is something I always work towards and the community do know that.

So here we go, this is about empowering our own selves to create a vision of a humanity that can share a unity that will build a safe and prosperous future for generations to come. Thus within or without any Faith, as a person with choices;

"What can each of us do to change ourselves to reflect what we would like to see happen on a global scale?

This was one way it was seen it could happen - Think Globally and Act Locally ...

Also, lets see where we go, "do you see that this could also help our RF Community."

Regards Tony

To tell you honestly, I don't know how to answer that. I feel when I say "it would be helpful if we all have respect" though in itself is fine, but when judging whether this would help humanity, it has to come from each community. A joint effort towards an agreed goal. Outside of that, my respect and your respect are totally different things. I mean, in some countries it's disrespectful (rather) to point our toes to others but I run around barefoot all day without even thought about how I'm disrespecting one culture while trying to keep in light with my own.

Main things like killing, indoctrination, and things like that I would speak against. Types of respect and whose god is who, I would not.

As for RF, we show our true personalities here only because we have enough time to think about what we say as opposed to in person when we might slip and apologize later on 'cause we're human.

Reactions: Jim

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Chapter Fifty-four
One who cultivates himself with Tao, Firmly establishes his virtue.
He holds on faithfully to the Great Oneness, And is honoured for generations ever after.
Cultivate oneself with the Oneness, Tao and the virtue is genuine.
Cultivate a family with the Oneness, Tao and the virtue is in surplus.
Cultivate an entire village with the Oneness, Tao and the virtue is enduring.
Cultivate a whole nation with the Oneness, Tao and the virtue is luxuriant.
Cultivate the whole world with the Oneness, Tao and the virtue is universal.
Hence, by cultivating oneself, thus gains insight into one’s true virtue.
By cultivating a family, thus gains insight into a loving family.
By cultivating a village, thus gains insight into a harmonious village.
By cultivating a nation, thus gains insight into the extensive benefits for the people.
By cultivating the whole world, thus gains insight into the universal peace that embrace all beings.
How do I know that the world is so? It is through this Way.
By
Lao Tzu - Tao Te Ching​

Understanding Oneness, and then 0neness (Nirvana) is a requirement for understanding enlightenment stated in the religious texts, not a religious label that people can follow; we should all cultivate 0neness, as there is only One Source.

In my opinion. :innocent:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Good opening post, Tony, imo.

My first choice of main-objective for a united Global Vision would be 'Clean the World of dirt'. 'Save the World'.

So far, my small contribution has been to raise the efficiency of insulation in our little home, to use an electric vehicle 50% of the time, and to prepare the way for 100% EV use in the near future. This will cost a bit more for us than save, but we must do it.

Anything else has to be in second place after 'Save the World'.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

I feel as if I have already found a way to make myself and my spiritual community a better place by simply following the guidelines laid down by Jesus Christ, who said......

“I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

At a recent three day convention, a hotel worker was amazed by the number of people that a brother welcomed at the large hotel used by many of the JW’s visiting from all over the world. He asked the brother how come he had so many close friends staying there? When the brother said he had never met any of them, the man didn’t believe him. He said that the welcomes were so warm like these were close family or intimate friends....but no...it’s just how JW’s are. We view each other as family.

When the hotel worker still expressed disbelief, the brother said to him...”here, you wear my ID badge and see for yourself.....”
So he did, and the visiting brothers and sisters warmly hugged him like he was a long lost friend....he couldn’t believe what he saw. He felt the genuine heartfelt affection for someone they had never met.

So this is what I believe Christianity should be like. It should create this warm affection (Philea) because of loving the same Father and embracing the same beliefs with no dissension or divisions. (1 Corinthians 1:10) It’s easy to talk the talk...but unless you walk the walk...it’s just empty words.

Our preaching work is based on love as well. If we had no love for people, then we would not be giving up our free time to tell them about “the good news of the kingdom”. We would be using our time selfishly, not caring about them. But Jesus commissioned this important work and said that he would back it....(Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19-20) He has, and he will.....till we run out of time.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
But Jesus commissioned this important work and said that he would back it....(Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19-20) He has, and he will.....till we run out of time.
We don't run out of Time (Aeon = Age), the one who comes at the End of the Age Time; has the opportunity to 'Turn it Back at the Gate' (Habakkuk 2, Isaiah 28).

Daniel 7 states the Source of reality will establish a theocracy down here, regardless of mankind's wishes.

Where the evil Roman Demonolopcracy we are all slaves to, is removed by the one who comes on the Clouds (Internet).

In Matthew 24:42-51 is the 2nd coming, where in Matthew 25:1-13 Christ teaches the Wise and Foolish Virgins; the Words from Christ's Mouth are as a Fire (Jeremiah 23:29), educating mankind in 'The Way'.

Revelation 10:11 says the Source is One, people are Divided by Languages; it is possible to show all the world's religions fitting together, and fixing the differences, if people properly tried.

The Source will just remove all those who are Destroying the planet in Revelation 11:18, and keep those in the Lamb's Book of Life.

We need to be clear the End of Time for some at the Baptism of Fire or Harvest, is that the Source of reality can just delete people at a quantum level like in the Matrix...

The Holy Quantum Fire is inevitably prophesied to soon happen at the Great Battle, if Israel start war with Iran (Ancient Babylon).

This proves that Christendom/Zionism and Muhammadanism are neither Praising Source (Judah) or Servants of the Source (Israel/Muslim), as they're all being crazy psycho warmongers...

Blessed are those humble Peacemakers choosing to seek understanding, to unite religions as One in their own Soul, for they shall be here in Paradise as Children of the Source for infinity (Matthew 5:9).

In my opinion. :innocent:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
We don't run out of Time (Aeon = Age), the one who comes at the End of the Age Time; has the opportunity to 'Turn it Back at the Gate' (Habakkuk 2, Isaiah 28).

If there is an "end", then this indicates that this system (age) is running out of time...."just like the days of Noah", Jesus said his return would be. The people in Noah's day were warned about what God was going to do by Noah being "a preacher of righteousness", and by the visible means of survival right there, being constructed by Noah and his family over many decades.

When the construction was complete and everything was ready, it wasn't Noah who closed the door of the ark. The people outside of the ark, 'ran out of time'....their opportunity for salvation ended.

Where the evil Roman Demonolopcracy we are all slaves to, is removed by the one who comes on the Clouds

God's true worshippers have already removed themselves from "Babylon the great" (Revelation 18:4-5) so when she is destroyed, those who have obeyed Jesus will not go down with her. You cannot remove yourself from that disgusting system unless you know what it is.

Revelation 10:11 says the Source is One, people are Divided by Languages; it is possible to show all the world's religions fitting together, and fixing the differences, if people properly tried.

We remember that one of the gifts that Christ's disciples were given at Pentecost, was the ability to speak the languages of those foreigners who had come to Jerusalem for the festival. Each was hearing the kingdom message in their mother tongue...the language of the heart. Today, all of God's people speak one language....the language of the truth. The literal language barrier no longer exists. Christians now speak all languages.

The Source will just remove all those who are Destroying the planet in Revelation 11:18, and keep those in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Indeed. And the amazing thing about that prophesy, is that at the time it was written, mankind did not have the ability to "ruin the earth". In this "time of the end" humans can now, not only "ruin the earth" but bring about the extinction of all life here. We can name so many ways that humans can accomplish this now. They must be so proud....:rolleyes:

We need to be clear the End of Time for some at the Baptism of Fire or Harvest, is that the Source of reality can just delete people at a quantum level like in the Matrix...

We don't need movies to spell it out...the Bible does an adequate job. Jesus says that there are only two roads...one to life and one to destruction. We are all on either one or the other....there is no fence to sit on. (Matthew 7:13-14) He said that "few" are on the road to life, which means that the destruction will indeed be at a quantum level. Like the days of Noah, their disbelief and disobedience will result in their elimination from existence.
No heaven or hell....just everlasting life or everlasting death. They are the only options.

The Holy Quantum Fire is inevitably prophesied to soon happen at the Great Battle, if Israel start war with Iran (Ancient Babylon).

Armageddon has nothing to do with geography or nationality.
Megiddo (where the word "Armageddon" comes from) was a place in Bible times where very decisive battles were fought. Armageddon will be the most decisive global battle in mankind's history. It is the final war where the servants of God and the servants of the devil will be separated.

The "weeds" (goats) will be destroyed and the"wheat" (sheep) will walk out the other side without having any part in the process. This is not our fight....our fight (the fight to remain obedient to Christ when the majority are not) will be over....God and his heavenly army will do the rest.

This proves that Christendom/Zionism and Muhammadanism are neither Praising Source (Judah) or Servants of the Source (Israel/Muslim), as they're all being crazy psycho warmongers...

Again you are correct in this......No one with blood on their hands will be saved through this battle.

Jesus said that his disciples would be "peacemakers" but the world at present only knows "peacekeepers" which conjures up images of men with tanks and machine guns enforcing peace by threats of violence. This is not what Jesus meant at all. A "peacemaker" is one who actively remotes peace in their life, their family, their community and their country. They will not participate in violence in any way, but will be promoters of love and reconciliation, not politically, but personally...spreading the love, one person at a time by education and example.

Blessed are those humble Peacemakers choosing to seek understanding, to unite religions as One in their own Soul, for they shall be here in Paradise as Children of the Source for infinity (Matthew 5:9).

Peacemakers do not need to unite religions in order to create peace....but to educate people to abandon false religion and to accept the true worship where peace is promoted. When Jesus walked the earth, he did not try to unite the various sects of Judaism....in fact he exposed them as the self-righteous frauds that hey were. He didn't come to start a new religion but to teach the "lost sheep" how to serve their God acceptably.

On the night before he died, Jesus instituted the foretold "new covenant", which was to lead Christ's disciples out of a corrupted religious system and into new way to worship their God. Christ, by his death, removed the old law covenant and instituted a new one. The "Fine Shepherd" knows his sheep, and they know him. He leads them into a new pen. But he will never force them...they must come in willingly, prepared to obey all of his commands, not just the convenient ones.

That is what my study of the Bible has revealed.