• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Empirical & philosophical proof for God (well, Set)

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
"Why Do You Believe in The Prince of Darkness/Setianism?"

I have removed some of the points to elaborate on the more important and powerful ones. Sorry for the length but I'm literally proving god from scratch haha.

1. Property Dualism - this is that consciousness and matter have different, contradictory properties. For example to matter/consciousness respectively, this includes spacial/nonspacial, universally accessible/personal, deterministic/autonomous, no aboutness/aboutness, accessible to senses/not accessible to senses, Objective/suggestions, no experience/has experience, the list can go on and on. We can empirically test any of these by imagining an image and seeing if it has the former properties or the latter - you can scientifically confirm this yourself in your own home. Because of the Law of Identity we know things with contradictory properties cannot be identical, so consciousness is of an ontologically different source/substance than matter.

2. Axiomatic self-existence - meaning "I exist" is an unquestionable fact of reality. You cannot ever argue "I do not exist", and that "I" is what knows anything and everything you know about reality. Indeed the existence of your consciousness is a necessity and certainty, and all we know of matter itself is known through that consciousness. So not only is consciousness obviously separate from material nature, it is more directly known and known with certainty. If all knowledge of X depends on Y, we cannot reduce X to Y. If X is more certain than Y, we cannot reduce X to Y.

3. Ability to question nature - further showing we are outside nature, despite out material bodies being part of it, is the fact we can question all this. Materialistic systems do not question themselves (the only possible exception being systems made by a higher consciousness to mimick it, like A.I.). This entire argument is a testament to this. Where else in nature do we see such questioning?

4. Ability to manipulate nature - even more impressively we can manipulate nature, both to contradict it and to create entirely new things. You're reading this on one such phone or computer which could never be grown without the unnatural consciousness possessed by humans. Medication is another - where other animals and even our own ancestors would die to natural illness, we get ever more vigilant in the fighting back against nature.

5. Ability to go against nature - even beyond manipulating nature to our benefit we have the free will to utterly go against it. To illustrate, surely everyone reading this has felt that desire to yell at a sales associate when the proper context arises. This is the brain, the body, the nervous and adrenal system, all driving the animal Nature of the human being to yell at the person standing before them, possibly even just for a minor annoyance! Yet thanks to our consciousness and free will we can self-regulate – we become aware of this natural desire, the response our body is making towards our coworker or stranger, and then… we can simply choose not to follow it. To walk away, take some deep breaths, move on. Can one really imagine an animal encroaching on another's territory, and the other simply realizing "meh, he probably didn't know this was my territory, let's go talk it out," as opposed to simply attacking the encroaching animal?

Another example of this is Cognitive Therapy 138. Something like depression or anxiety works within the deterministic system of the body. The individual doesn't choose to have random drops in serotonin or whatever their specific issue may be, it simply happens the same as breathing happens and your heart beating happens. But with things like Cognitive Therapy, humans are able to recognize these coming changes, learn their triggers, and hopefully be able to pull themselves out of their episode with their own conscious willpower 139. Placebos are further evidence of this, where you are given something that explicitly causes no change to the deterministic system (placebos by definition do not cause physiological change). However, the mental belief that one is being aided can cause actual, objective change in the physiology of the body, such as with pain 140. The mind causes physiological change to the system, rather than the other way around in this case.

6. "Great Leap Forward" durning Upper Paleolithic Revolution - Another overwhelming piece of evidence for the existence of a being or force like Set is the leap forward in human consciousness during the Upper Paleolithic Revolution. You see, humans existed as a species, physically/biologically, for around 150,000 years without any advances in higher consciousness. We were another animal, very slowly learning to interact with the world we lived in within a purely animalistic/survivalist mindset (Eden). Then, rather suddenly, came abstract thought, art, religion, jewelry, and eventually things like language and alphabets, cities and cultures. Our consciousness “greatly leapt forwards” (the literal term used in anthropology), and began exponentially increasing on such a level that it still hasn't stopped. nterference from something like Set is by far a more reasonable belief than the entire human species magically sharing the same mutation which overwrites the previous genetic makeup of the whole species, or even worse having a massive leap forwards as some sort of uncaused event, or the product of some mythical people like the Atlanteans (or aliens!).

7. Hierarchy of Needs - so not only is consciousness clearly unnatural and clearly, intentionally given to humans in some form, but it is teleological, meaning it has purpose/meaning. This is best Illustrated in Maslow's Hierarchy of needs, which teaches us the path to self actualization. This is something completely contradictory to the community based life which dominated the planet before. Instead, humans are best of being self-seeking and self-caring first and foremost, valuing the individual as a separate being than part of an evolutionary collective. Self-Actualized individuals have a consistent view of reality that works for them (Pragmatism) but does not contradict objective reality – or at least they recognize where it is at odds with objective reality (such as in magic). They may seem a bit aloof and removed, but have a deep care for the wellbeing of not only loved ones but the human species as a whole, and life as a whole in many cases. These individuals will be creative and “dreamy” but also able to experience the here-and-now, the day to day and moment to moment aspects of life.

So what does this mean? Our minds are unnatural, they have an unnatural source that became involved at a specific point in the past, and this unnatural source provided a teleology meaning it itself had conscious intent. Both the reasoning and empirical evidence here can be confirmed by anyone and support the existence of Set/Satan. Until there are refutations of #1-7 the position stands as the most comprehensive explanation for the world as we know it and most likely to be true. In short, mind is unnatural --> mind was added to nature at specific point --> mind has create intent --> mind is of Set/Satan, a god.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If proof is that which convinces, I couldn't find a proof of any god there. That did not convince me that there is a god.

Furthermore, your comments on cognitive therapy and the placebo effect seem to contradict your implication that there is an unnatural, irreconcilable division between body and mind. Those comments suggest a deep connection.between the two, as if one were an epiphenomenon of the other, or both derived from a neutral prior substance..

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
If proof is that which convinces, I couldn't find a proof of any god there. That did not convince me that there is a god.

Furthermore, your comments on cognitive therapy and the placebo effect seem to contradict your implication that there is an unnatural, irreconcilable division between body and mind. Those comments suggest a deep connection.between the two, as if one were an epiphenomenon of the other, or both derived from a neutral prior substance..

Being separate things does not mean they cannot interact. You responding to me proves this - we certainly are not the same!