• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Empirical Evidence for God

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There exists empirical evidence for God but it is spiritual in nature. God is inaccessible by nature. An analogy would be that of entering another dimension in order to reach Him. As I have stated before, I have seen God once and experienced and witnessed His presence a number of times. Each and every time was during an altered state of consciousness. Now, there is the proposition of panpsychism as a possibility. But in this experience God would be observed as a universal consciousness as opposed to being understood to be specifically a Being that goes by the name God. A general manifestation of universal awareness in other words. But specifically speaking, evidence would appear as an identity that distributes itself over reality at large. Or it may appear to be within. Either way, it would be obvious to the observer that God is real.
We would call that evidenced, from what you wrote.
Of course one can experience God, the idea that you can't, is an invented idea from faulty religious interpretation, and belief.
There can be different experiences, all inferring the existence of God.
The idea that there is only one type of divinity experience, is also wrong, and is simply the belief of certain 'mystics', and certain religious paradigms.

Ostronomos

There is empirical evidence in that the universe exists, and it is suitable for life. The chances of all the constants being just right is very small. Atheists get around that by saying there are probably many universes, but I see many universes as an evidence for God.

Multiple universes is direct evidence for God as is most of the phenomenon of Quantum Physics. This is because these universes must have a common thread to them. That would be the mind of God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There exists empirical evidence for God but it is spiritual in nature. God is inaccessible by nature. An analogy would be that of entering another dimension in order to reach Him. As I have stated before, I have seen God once and experienced and witnessed His presence a number of times. Each and every time was during an altered state of consciousness. Now, there is the proposition of panpsychism as a possibility. But in this experience God would be observed as a universal consciousness as opposed to being understood to be specifically a Being that goes by the name God. A general manifestation of universal awareness in other words. But specifically speaking, evidence would appear as an identity that distributes itself over reality at large. Or it may appear to be within. Either way, it would be obvious to the observer that God is real.

It's a personal experience not universal. What experiences have you had that would directly tell us it's from god without our needing to believe in it or take your word for it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is empirical evidence in that the universe exists, and it is suitable for life. The chances of all the constants being just right is very small. Atheists get around that by saying there are probably many universes, but I see many universes as an evidence for God.
How so?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
That is not correct. An altered state of consciousness is simply a conscious experience that is understood to be beyond or outside the realm of ordinary consciousness. That is what I mean by that.

Beyond and perhaps less accurate? Not bothered with what science tells us about such things? That they can be induced for example.

Ostronomos

It's a personal experience not universal. What experiences have you had that would directly tell us it's from god without our needing to believe in it or take your word for it?

When God appears, It is because He is specifically addressing a single observer. Any attempt to unveil His existence to another would cause Him to vanish without a trace. Because God is intelligent beyond question. Hence He cannot be proven by consensus. However, I have proven His existence on this forum. Even introducing what I call the God equation.

Audie

Veteran Member
Then what would qualify. Evidence is 100% confirmation of something.

Well, actually, "evidence" is not that. If it were, all the cops would need is one piece of evidence-say a piece of broken glass-to get you sent to the gas chamber.

Now, to make it harder for you-
There is evidence for the defense, evidence for the prosecution.

You are 100% guilty, and 100% innocent.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
When God appears, It is because He is specifically addressing a single observer. Any attempt to unveil His existence to another would cause Him to vanish without a trace. Because God is intelligent beyong question. Hence He cannot be proven by consensus. However, I have proven His existence on this forum. Even introducing what I call the God equation.

Shame a few of us need a wee bit more evidence than this, otherwise beliefs would propagate so readily. Oh, they do anyway. :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When God appears, It is because He is specifically addressing a single observer. Any attempt to unveil His existence to another would cause Him to vanish without a trace. Because God is intelligent beyong question. Hence He cannot be proven by consensus. However, I have proven His existence on this forum. Even introducing what I call the God equation.
No, just no:facepalm:

Audie

Veteran Member

You sure know some remarkable things about god. :D

I had a high fever as a teenager, and was hallucinating.
At one point Mohammed Ali came into my room, and
I showed him I was stronger than he, by pushing
him down with one hand.

Pretty good for a sick girl who didnt even weigh 90 lbs.

But, proof enough that Mohammed Ali was in Hong
Kong, visited me, and that I am really stronger than I lookl

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, actually, "evidence" is not that. If it were, all the cops would need is one piece of evidence-say a piece of broken glass-to get you sent to the gas chamber.

Now, to make it harder for you-
There is evidence for the defense, evidence for the prosecution.

You are 100% guilty, and 100% innocent.
Arrggh! My poor old eyes and this tiny tablet screen do not get along very well. I misread his post as saying the obvious, that evidence is not 100% confirming.

I know it gets repetitive at times,but the OP has demonstrated that he does not understand the concept.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Wrong. Latest understanding is that the chances of life are quite high. In fact entropy predicts life.

The Kepler mission has discovered thousands of planets within a very small region of local space. The estimate is around 10% of those found are suitable for life as we understand it.

And that is only in local space. There are estimated to be 100 billion trillion stars in the universe.

And please do not tell me what i get round by using hypothetical ideas. That is your dream, your excuse to disrespect all atheists

Edit. So you consider the hypothesis of many universes as evidence for god... Is that hypothetical evidence for a hypothetical god?

WalterTrull

Godfella
OK, OK, I've posted this before, but here goes again.
The empirical evidence for God is us. More - there's lots of us. More- we communicate. More - we ALL die.
If you've seen me post these things before, my apologies.

Audie

Veteran Member
Arrggh! My poor old eyes and this tiny tablet screen do not get along very well. I misread his post as saying the obvious, that evidence is not 100% confirming.

I know it gets repetitive at times,but the OP has demonstrated that he does not understand the concept.

I think it is time to leave him to it, this is too ridiculous.