• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emotional Magic(k)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Magic(k), as I understand it, requires a great deal of purposeful intention and focus to be effective, and I have found that heightening emotional states can produce a stronger desired working. Does anyone else utilize emotion in a Magical context?

Have you ever worked with your own demons (Anxieties, Fears, Worries, Anger, Frustration, Sadness)? What were the results (positive/negative)? Was this a stronger spell then one cast utilizing more positive emotions (Hope, Joy, Serenity, Pride, Inspiration, Forgiveness)?

I have utilized both positive and negative emotions (if we can really label any emotion as negative), and have noticed no significant difference between the workings, besides how they are used. Thoughts?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, the importance is in the catharsis. That is often the point of doing spellcraft, if all else fails. The culture I live in has... problematic relationships with emotions. There should be no shame in utilizing or expressing feelings given all humans have them.