• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Embassy in Jerusalem

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hi exchemist. Good afternoon. The Iranian presidential website stated: "the Zionist Regime of Israel faces a deadend and will under God's grace be wiped off the map," and "the Zionist Regime that is a usurper and illegitimate regime and a cancerous tumor should be wiped off the map." It is clear to anyone who has looked at Iran's past that they cannot be trusted with nuclear weapons.

Iran is not going to attack a nuclear-armed Israel with nuclear weapons. Period. They are not mad. They are not suicidal.

States say - and write - all sorts of things for rhetorical purposes, and may even half believe some of them. But it is not going to happen in reality. Relations between states are much more complex than that. Iran and Israel have collaborated in the past from time to time and I have no doubt they may do so again.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
This has nothing to do with nuclear weapons or any imagined threat to western civilisation.
Not directly, but it's evidence that Iran wants to destroy Israel. Nuclear power will be another tool in their arsenal.

Flankerl

This vote shows that a lot of American politicians, both Democratic and Republican, deal with Middle Eastern politics in an extremely unwise, destructive manner. This decision will only serve to feed into the volatile conflict in the region and stir up further sectarian and nationalistic dispute.

That was already said when the embassy was finally moved to Jerusalem.

And after a week of Palestinian whining it stopped.

So why are you against the US embassy in Western Jerusalem?
Because it surely isn't about rising tensions as that already didn't happen when it was moved.

Also why should the US President reverse a decision of Congress from 1995?

Iran is not going to attack a nuclear-armed Israel with nuclear weapons. Period. They are not mad. They are not suicidal.

So they'll let Hamas, Islamic Jihad or Hezbollah do it for them.
You write as if you don't know about the situation in the ME.

Shaul

Premium Member

States say - and write - all sorts of things for rhetorical purposes, and may even half believe some of them. But it is not going to happen in reality. Relations between states are much more complex than that. Iran and Israel have collaborated in the past from time to time and I have no doubt they may do so again.
How nice that you are so sure you are willing to gamble Israel’s existence on it.

Shaul

Premium Member
No US president will ever throw Israel under a bus. Even if he were to entertain such an idea, which I am quite sure he doesn't, the Israel Lobby is far too powerful to let that happen.

But he may well tilt more towards Iran that the last presidency. That would make a lot of sense in my opinion. I think Iran will get a bomb now whatever happens and when they do it will be all be for the best, as they will no longer fear invasion by the US. I have thought for years that Iran needs to be gradually brought in from the cold and Saudi Arabia needs to be shoved out into the cold until it modernises. Iran is a sophisticated country with an educated middle class, kept down by the Serious Beards. Saudi is basically a lot of overweight Bedouin in Mercs, still stuck in the Middle Ages. :D
Both Obama and now Biden would not hesitate to throw Israel under the bus. Iran is a great sponsor of terrorism.

Shaul

Premium Member
So Biden is keeping the embassy in Jerusalem,
& he's keeping the sanctions Trump placed on Iran.
Ugh.
Biden is only keeping the sanctions on Iran to give them cover while they enrich enough uranium. Then he will lift the sanctions and reimburse their losses under the sanctions.

Shaul

Premium Member
Categorically false. Just yesterday he announced that we will not be rejoining the nuclear agreement unless Iran stops its production of nuclear materials, thus the sanctions will continue.

Where do you get your "news" from? :shrug:
Biden’s statement isn’t anti-Iran,it is pro-Iran. Biden is only keeping the sanctions on Iran to give them cover while they enrich enough uranium. Then he will lift the sanctions and reimburse their losses under the sanctions. In the end Iran will get both the uranium they want and the economic pressure lifted thanks to Biden.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Biden is only keeping the sanctions on Iran to give them cover while they enrich enough uranium. Then he will lift the sanctions and reimburse their losses under the sanctions.
I don't see Biden being a generous person.
And so far he's signaling Iran that they'd
better hurry up to arm with nukes.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How nice that you are so sure you are willing to gamble Israel’s existence on it.

If there's a nuclear conflict, everyone's existence is threatened. Yes, it's a gamble, and the U.S. has been playing this game since 1945. Right or wrong, our policy was to make it clear to our enemies that if they attacked us, we would respond in kind. People built bomb shelters and there were fallout shelters everywhere. Kind of strange to think about now.

I think that Iran is well aware that if they ever used nukes against Israel, there would be swift and sure retaliation from the U.S. This may provoke other nations into retaliating against us, at which point it could escalate to global proportions.

A more worrisome scenario, however, is if some regime or private party were able to supply terrorists, who could then carry a bomb in a suitcase and detonate it somewhere. That's what I would worry about.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Biden’s statement isn’t anti-Iran,it is pro-Iran. Biden is only keeping the sanctions on Iran to give them cover while they enrich enough uranium. Then he will lift the sanctions and reimburse their losses under the sanctions. In the end Iran will get both the uranium they want and the economic pressure lifted thanks to Biden.
You simply do not know what you're talking about, and my guess is that what you are doing is just parroting right-wing media sources.

Here:
President Joe Biden said the US will not lift sanctions to get Iran back to the negotiating table, suggesting the measure would only happen if Tehran stops enriching uranium.

"No," Biden said when asked by CBS' Norah O'Donnell if he would make the move to start negotiations, nodding when she asked in an interview released Sunday if the country must stop enriching uranium first.
-- Biden says he won't lift sanctions on Iran to bring country back to negotiating table - CNNPolitics [you can listen to him say that in this article]

Thoughts on US Embassy in Jerusalem ?

Senate overwhelmingly votes to keep US embassy in Jerusalem

Thank you, Estro, you are one of my most loyal fans.
This seems to be an example of those who mainly hate Trump having to acknowledge that what he did in this case was what Israel wanted and that is what mattered most. It's their country they should decide where we put our embassy. It also looks like that in some of the matters that Trump made decisions on in the region the Washington politicians are keeping them intact and they recognize that to change them is not going to help an already awful situation.
This while most of them (Washington politicians) sit around and lie to their constituents about any and everything in an attempt to hang onto power and give the appearance that the people's wishes are being carried out by the wonderful troopers we voted into power.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This seems to be an example of those who mainly hate Trump having to acknowledge that what he did in this case was what Israel wanted and that is what mattered most.
Please stop this nonsense, as disagreements over issues does not necessarily mean that "hate Trump" was involved. I support the move, however there are those who feel that this should have been part of a larger package that included more consideration and involvement with the Palestinians, and they do have a point, imo.