• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elisa Lam elevator video

freethinker44

Well this is creepy.

A little backstory, Elisa Lam disappeared and was later found dead in this buildings rooftop water tank. She was naked with her clothes in the tank with her. There were no drugs or alcohol found in her system and her death was simply ruled an accident.

This is CCTV video presumably shortly before she died, as this video is the last she was seen alive.

Is this a mentally unstable, suicidal person having a breakdown and the elevator coincidentally malfunctions when she enters and begins working again when she leaves? If not, who is she hiding from, who is she talking to in the hallway, who or what is holding the elevator doors open, what happened to the videos timestamp right before the elevator begins working again?

Then, to compound on the creepiness of this, the Cecil Hotel where she was staying at, the same hotel in the video above, is something straight out of a Stephen King story. It was the home of a few serial killers, most notably Richard Ramirez, and the scene of several suicides and murders over the years.

In all seriousness, it is probably all just bizarre coincidences, but it's a good story if you're in to ghost stories, fictional or not.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
She didn't commit suicide .
The lid of the water tank had been locked from the external.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well something was definitely up.

I tend to think she was murdered by somebody.

Unless you knock yourself completly unconscious I would think it would be exceedingly difficult if not impossible to commit suicide by drowning.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Well something was definitely up.

I tend to think she was murdered by somebody.

Unless you knock yourself completly unconscious I would think it would be exceedingly difficult if not impossible to commit suicide by drowning.

suicide by drowning stats.png