• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elective surgery is banned unless... it is for abortion

Should abortions be part of elective surgery ban?

• Yes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I thought it causes a miscarriage in addition to preventing insemination. Maybe I'm wrong.
As far as I know, it will not cause a miscarriage if you are pregnant. The purpose of taking Plan B is to prevent the release of an egg from the ovaries; to prevent an egg that has been released from fertilizing; or to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting itself into the uterus. If an embryo has already implanted itself into the uterus, this drug will not end that pregnancy.

You might be thinking of RU-486 which is an abortion pill.

dfnj

As far as I know, it will not cause a miscarriage if you are pregnant. The purpose of taking Plan B is to prevent the release of an egg from the ovaries; to prevent an egg that has been released from fertilizing; or to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting itself into the uterus. If an embryo has already implanted itself into the uterus, this drug will not end that pregnancy.

It would not be called the morning after pill if it did not work the morning after. How long does it take before it would no longer work?

dfnj

This is what I found out from the google:

Plan B, My Way, Take Action, and other levonorgestrel morning-after pills work best when you take them quickly after unprotected sex. They'll work best up to 3 days (72 hours) after unprotected sex. You can take these up to 5 days (120 hours) after sex, but they don't work nearly as well by day 5.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
This argument (abortion) is rather pointless, ultimately, because IMHO it boils down to whether one sees all human life as sacred, or whether one insists "that bodily autonomy trumps all".

Has anyone EVER changed an opponent's view on this issue? I doubt it! But have fun. :)
Is any argument worth it?
We debate on and on about theism vs atheism. About left vs right politics (mostly American.) About holy scripture. About gay rights. Trans rights. How many minds have changed?
This is a site the bored come to have meaningless arguments. Not necessarily to change minds. I mean it’s good to see the other side’s perspective, of course.
I’ve changed my mind on a good number of issues over the years. But my mind was changed through my own introspection, not from any argument I had.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This argument (abortion) is rather pointless, ultimately, because IMHO it boils down to whether one sees all human life as sacred, or whether one insists "that bodily autonomy trumps all".

Has anyone EVER changed an opponent's view on this issue? I doubt it! But have fun. :)
Other perspectives:
Is a mindless foetus human?
Is it the species that's sacred, or personhood?